“Great little place in Pokhara”
Review of You and I

You and I
Ranked #2 of 359 Restaurants in Pokhara
Description: We are an Art Gallery and Cafe. Offering VEGETARIAN, GLUTEN FREE and VEGAN options. We offer an excellent choice of teas and coffee at probably one of the best prices in Pokhara. No tax and no service charge... Serving fantastically healthy food and comfort food... our breakfasts are all day breakfasts. Serving mostly English and a touch of Europe and Mediterranean. or if you like you can interact with Basanta the Chef and he will try to cater for your individual need as a celiac, vegetarian or just a fussy eater. You can teach him or he can teach you about cooking. Our finish style daybeds are super for relaxing im comfort and stretching out . Read a book from our collection which can also be for exchange or you can watch one of our DVDs. Feel at home with us in style and comfort. We have a fabulous collection of art materials, mandala books, paints, brushes, art paper, children's books games and Lego for small children. You can paint, draw or just be arty.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This is one of the best restaurants in Pokhara. We ate here twice and both times the food was delicious. It's a small menu, but all of the dishes were high quality. They have vegetarian options.

1  Thank maggiek242018
Lobsang L, Owner at You and I, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

All of at You and I thank you kindly Maggie, for your supportive review.

Reviewed 13 June 2018 via mobile

Run by a lovely English woman with a great menu and friendly staff. This cafe is worth the walk and serves fresh tasty food in a tranquil cool setting. English breakfast, porridge, juices, wraps all great.

1  Thank Toby R
Lobsang L, Owner at You and I, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2018

Toby thank you so much for your warm hearted review ...All of us at YOU and I appreciate your support..

Reviewed 13 June 2018 via mobile

I ended up spending so much time in this cafe because the environment is completely wonderful, the coffee(served in mocha pot) to my liking and the food delicious and made with love. The cafe itself is extremely comfortable with big, lush couches and book nooks. It is also noticeably cleaner than almost anywhere else I’ve been in Nepal which was very comforting to me.

The staff here are very friendly and interesting. I really enjoyed talking with them, they also work very hard to accommodate your wishes...I had marmite on toasted sourdough!! The staff made a special trip down the street to do this for me!!
It was a very special treat.

A very unique aspect of this cafe is a most wonderfully well-equipped art supplies cupboard which is available for use by anyone after a mention to the staff. Paints, pens and pencils among other supplies make this cafe truely special and unlike any I’ve found on my travels..ever. The walls and menus are adorned in the artworks of staff and visitors.

There is also a huge book collection. Books can be purchased and swapped for a small fee.

I am truely so grateful for having discovered this incredible space! Thanks YouandI for allowing me such a special place in Pokhara to relax and get creative :).

2  Thank Sylvie M
Lobsang L, Owner at You and I, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2018

Thank you so much for your fabulous review Sylvie. All of us at you and I welcome your support and we are glad to be of service....so glad you enjoyed your time with us....

Reviewed 30 May 2018 via mobile

Food was good and the service was great.wifi was great too we had some coffee there and the coffee was also so good.
Recommended.

1  Thank Patrickd08
Lobsang L, Owner at You and I, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2018

All of us at You and I thank you so much Patrick for your support... Happy to hear you enjoyed the Arabic high mountain coffee...we look forward to seeing you again....

Reviewed 29 May 2018 via mobile

Really great visit! Love their americano and food is excellent too!
Both staff and the owner Amanda are so helpful with everything from ordering, WiFi and helping choosing books. They have a great library where you can look, buy and exchange books. Amanda recommended me a lot of nice books and helped me choose the best one. Will definitely come back!!

1  Thank Florentine L
Lobsang L, Owner at You and I, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2018

All of us at You and I thank you for your kind words of support. I hope you enjoy the book you selected .....and we hope to see you again soon....