“Closeness to the city”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Taipei
Pig' Home ('minsu')
Ranked #364 of 571 Hotels in Taipei
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Closeness to the city”
Reviewed 6 April 2012

Having stayed at this service apartment, Taipei Pig home for 4 nights during my last trip to Taipei, I can only give praise to the benefits it brings. First of all, it is situated just at the hub of the city, right above Taipei Main Station and next to Q square shopping mall. Also, you will pass by a 24-hours Hi-life convenience store every in and out from this apartment, this is good for you to grab anything you need right before returning to your room to rest. The room I opted for was Nuan Nuan (暖暖), very spacious with king size bed, shoe cabinet, huge wardrobe space, bar counter, refrigerator, kitchen and a washing machine at the balcony. This is not a hotel so do not expect daily housekeeping service; thrash will be taken out on alternate days and no towel changes since they provide washing machine. I will stay with them again If I visit Taipei.

Good to know:
Deposit is required to secure room booking and outstanding charges are to be settled by cash upon check in. However, if you want to pay by credit card, they could issue Paypal invoice with an additional 5% of total charges and transaction has to be done online.

Among the advantages staying/engaging with them:
- From Taipei Main Station, any attraction can be easily accessible by MRT
- Airport transfer can be arranged at NTD900
- Driver for a day tour to Yehliu Geological park, Jiufen Old Street, Shifen waterfall, PingSi, JinGuaShi gold ecological park and any scenic area along the route can be booked at NTD3,500 (A full day 9-5 tour)
- Room charges per night at NTD1,800 (I find this reasonable given the location and convenience)
- For any additional/customized request, can just write in to them at a0913337379@yahoo.com.tw

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
11 Thank Jeanye

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 6 December 2011

Stayed @ the pig'shome apartment for 3 nites end Nov. Was told the rm service is only Mon,Wed, Fri. But we were shocked that the room svc is only clearing yr rubbish and putting yr bedsheets back in place. Towels are not changed and rooms are not vacuum/sweep or clean at all. The dirts on e floor still remain where they are, quite a disappointment on this. The only gd pt for this place is e location, as its jus above e Taipei main station, which is convenient, and with shopping and food easily available.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank ilovemilk
Singapore
Reviewed 13 November 2011

just came back from taiwan, stayed 3 nights at 威尼斯 themed room on the 13th floor, single storey, with 2 double beds and view of yangmingshan in the distance. priced at NT2700 per night.

of the 2 beds, 1 was a average thickness foam mattress not a full bodied mattress you usually find. but it was still sleepable.

stayed a further 4 nights at 舒舒服服 themed room on the 14th floor, with double stories and 2 double beds, priced at NT2500 per night. the second mattress this time was a even thinner foam mattress, kind of disappointing, but surprisingly we slept quite alright on it.

weirdly enough, we were suppose to get the 蓝海 themed room, instead it became 舒舒服服, i have no idea why there was a switch.

you have a key tap to activate the elevator for the building and a number password to open the apartment door. 24hrs security post at the lobby. covered underground passage way from the taipei main station/MRT station thru to Q square mall[京站] and into the apartment block [block C].

the apartment block is actually part of the Taipei Bus Station [台北转运站]. Hi-life at the Bus station lobby, which is just a few steps from the apartment.

7-11 and Macs are available just across the road from 华影街 hua ying street.

apartments are cleared by the inhouse crew every alternate days, i believe.

you can deposit luggage with them for a minimal fee of NT100 per piece, if you intend to venture inter-state.

towels and toiletries are included.

Room Tip: try not to squeeze everyone into a room to save cost, the rooms arent very big. especially if you ar...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank Issa5
Malaysia
Reviewed 20 September 2011

Basically it's not a 'minsu', but a daily rental service apartment.

Location:
Excellent location. It is located in the same building with Qsquare Mall (京站商场) and Taipei Bus Station (台北转运站) while situated opposite of Taipei Main Station 台北车站 (Taipei train station). MRT and High Speed Rail (HSR) can be connected via underpass (5-10mins). Since everything is connected, it did confuse me the first time I reached this huge hub, but direction signboard is everywhere, and floor map of the building is at almost every corner, so it's not a big problem. Furthermore, Taiwanese is very friendly, you can just ask someone when you're confuse. Another great advantage of this staying place is that, I won't need to worry about the rain outside when I travel back to Taipei Main Station using HSR, MRT or train (weather of Taipei is quite unpredictable: sunny this minute, and it may start raining the next minute). I'm glad that I book this place because my parent can't afford to walk for long distance to and fro MRT station few times a day especially during bad weather.

This staying place is great for those who like to shop. Because there're 2 underground mall (Taipei City Mall 台北地下街 & Zhongshan Metro Mall 中山地下街) connecting via Taipei Main Station. My parent still can shop for cheap clothes, handbags even there's thunder storm outside.

Price:
My family and I (total of 4 pax) stayed in 书书福福, which costs us NTD 2500 (weekday) & NTD 2800 (weekend). We stayed for 6 nights. The total amount I need to pay is NTD 15600, but I got a 10% discount because I went to Taipei for my pre-wedding photoshoot. (Please note that they give discounts for some cases like: trip to Taiwan because of taking pre-wedding photo-shoot; room guest whose birthday falls within the staying period; expecting mother who stay in their room, etc). I think there're some more, but I only can remember these 3. For room-discounts and room inquiries, do contact them (send me a PM and I can give you their email and contact number).
For me, I think the price for a quadruple room like this (great location, nice room condition) is very reasonable.

Room:
This is a room with 2 double beds, there is a sofa bed too for those who would like to increase the number of pax staying-in. In-room facilities provided: washing machine and detergent, clothes-hanger, mini-fridge, electric kettle, water jug, cups, small bowls, plates, chopsticks, spoon, electric stove for cooking (room guests can require for cooking utensils, and basic spices for cooking if they wish to cook. We didn't use this facilities since we didn't intend to cook.), tea-bag and coffee, flat screen TV, free wifi, hair-dryer, slippers. Toiletries like toothpaste and toothbrush are provided upon request and room guests will need to pay for it. But they do provide towel, and face towel (free but upon request when we make room-booking), cotton bud and dental floss, shampoo and body shampoo (free).

Security and privacy:
This service-apartment is maintained with high security. There is a 24-hour security guard at the lobby of service-apartment. A token-shaped cip was given to us. It was actually used to scan in the lift before we can press the number of floor we're staying (apartment residents/ room guest can only reached the floor they're staying-in). The apartment/ room is locked with a password security system. We need to key in the password to enter our room. The door will be automatically lock once it's closed. The cons of this 'high security system' is: there was once, my parent went back to the room earlier than my bf and I to get rest. By the time my bf and I reached the apartment lobby, we need to use cell phone to call my parent to ask them to come down to the lobby to get us up because we don't have the lift-cip with us. Going down to the lobby is ok, because we don't need to use the lift-cip to scan before pressing '1' to the lobby, but going up -- ya, you need the lift-cip. ^_^

House-keeping service & cleanliness :
Rooms are only cleaned on Mon, Wed & Fri. Even though they come to clean our room, but we found that towels will only be changed if we place the dirty towels in the basket they prepared. The room is well-maintained and clean.

Admin & Service Level:
They replied my email promptly and no problem communicating through email. But for urgent cases and immediately room-inquiries and booking, best to call them. Check-in time is 4pm and check out time is 12pm. They do allow room guests to leave their luggage with them before check-in time/ after check-out, just notify them. Please take note that no 24-hours reception counter, so need to inform them at least 20 mins before the time you wish to check-out (if check-out during office hour); if you wish to check out early in the morning (eg. before 7am, like we did to go to Cingjing), we informed them a day before and they asked us to leave the lift-cip in the room, and they'll collect it later.

They do provide airport transfer service. Fee will be differ according to the types of cars you require and number of pax.
After staying for 3 nights, we went to Cingjing on the 4th day, and stayed a night there before heading back to Taipei again. Since we have decided to continue our stay at this daily rental service apartment for the second leg of our stay, we request for luggage-keeping when we were away. And they generously agreed to do so without any charges. ^_^ But now their new policy is that room guest can leave their luggage with them with a cost of NTD100/ luggage/ day (regardless of size).
(If you think this is too pricy, you can go to Taipei Railway Station Carry-on Baggage Centre 台北車站行李託運中心, which is about 100m away from East 3 exit of Taipei Main Station (Railway station). It will only costs you NTD17/ luggage/ day (regardless of size). It's really cheap, but the disadvantage is, the office hour is from 7am-8pm. So, if you need to rush for early train/ bus or HSR, then this is not your option.)

Payment:
For my case, I paid NTD2000 + NTD90 (admin charges) through Paypal to confirm my booking. Another NTD1000 need to be paid as deposit and it was refunded upon my check-out. For those who need to check-out early before office hour, they'll return your NTD1000 deposit back to your Paypal account.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
15 Thank livien
Singapore
Reviewed 19 May 2011

Pig’s Home台北猪窝

Location: Excellent. Pig's Home is just opposite the Taipei Main Station and in the same building as the Taipei Bus Station, at Q Mall. If you need to rush to take the early morning train/bus, then sometimes that 5-10 mins does make a difference. Situated at the residential block of Q Mall, just behind Starbucks & NY Bagels café, in fact the bus station is just a few steps away from these 2 cafes (Note: Not to be mistaken with Taipei Bus Station A & B, which are located further off. Which bus station you're going to depends on your destination.) Connected via underpass to the MRT and TRA (railway station), these are just 5 to 10 minutes away respectively.

Price: Due to its strategic location, it is more pricey at NT$1380 for weekday and NT$1480 for weekends for the smallest double bedroom, 客房. The bigger double room, 白宫, is at NT1750 for weekday and NT2150 for weekends.

Size: I find the客房 too small as you can’t even open up your luggage to unpack if you have a suitcase. So I had to place my suitcase inside the lower compartment of the wardrobe to open it up. There’re also some other shelves located vertically above the mini fridge. The toilet has some shelves too. In terms of space to place your stuff it is adequate. The白宫 is pretty spacious. Looking just like a studio apartment, it has a mini pantry & small living area. There are 4-6 persons rooms available too.

Toiletries: Only shampoo and bath gel are provided at the shower area. Toothpaste and brush are not provided. 2 glasses are also provided at the basin in the toilet. Surprisingly, cotton buds and dental floss are provided.

Other in-room facilities:
1. Tea/coffee maker
2. Water Jug
3. Coffee Mugs
4. Mini-fridge
5. Hair-dryer
6. Free Wi-fi
7. Slippers

For 白宫, the mini pantry area provides bowls and chopsticks as well. The toilet even comes with a device for you to adjust the temperature of the ventilation. There is a CCTV for security too.

Breakfast: Nil

House-keeping service: Rooms are only cleaned on Mon, Wed & Fri. So if you stay over a Sat-Sun period, like we did, it wasn't cleaned at all. While I don’t really mind towels not being changed on a daily basis, rubbish not cleared in a room does put me off, especially if you’ve wet stuff disposed of. Perhaps for ‘minsu’ this is the norm as I found that Xin Xin Minsu over at Alishan doesn’t clean our rooms too when we stayed for 2 nights.

Cleanliness: While the白宫 was pretty clean, I found the bedsheet at 客房 not that clean tho’ still acceptable.

Comfort level: The bed at 白宫 seems to be wider and mattress more comfortable than the one at客房. Same goes for the pillow too.

Noise level: While白宫 was pretty quiet as it was an independent unit on its own and the door of the unit was solid enough to block off most noise, 客房 can get noisy depending on your neighbours. It is a basically a bedroom located inside a 3-bedroom apartment unit. So if your neighbours return at 1am and create a din (which happened), you could definitely hear it. Also, if someone were to turn on their TV at full blast with the door open, you could hear it too. (Yes, it happened too at 1am and I had to ask the person to close the door. Strangely, the person looked genuinely surprise that noise could travel from their room to other rooms.) Of course, this could happen to any hotel room too but usually the door of a hotel room is thicker than the door of a bedroom inside an apartment unit. Also, the pantry was located just outside客房, so if anyone were to go into it late at night, noise is also audible.

Admin & Service Level: Service in general is OK but varies depending on the staff. Administratively, they need to work on it as sometimes emails can take a while to be replied. So, it’s best to call for reservation and to enquire for vacancies. Perhaps due to internal miscommunication, one staff was not aware of the rate quoted by the boss to me and thought that there was a mistake in the rate given. Check-in/out: If this is not during office hours, like early morning or late at night, one has to call beforehand to make arrangements as there isn’t a 24-hr reception. Check-in time is 4pm.

Payment: Deposit of about half the total cost needs to be paid upon confirmation. Payment via Paypal is subject to NT$90 admin charges. Another deposit of NT$1000 is required when one checks-in. (to be refunded when one checks-out) Payment via credit card is subject to admin charges.

Comparison: Depending on one’s needs & expectations, naturally, each have its own merits. However, I personally feel that Purple Garden is more value for money at NT$1350, flat rate with b/f of Taiwanese porridge included.(Can pay by credit card at no extra charges. Just call to book, no need to pay deposit.) It also gives you what a usual hotel does like cleaning up your room daily, changing your towels, providing toiletries, clean bedsheet, comfortable pillow & bed, etc. It's slightly further off at Zhongshan MRT station but actually you coud just walk (about 10 mins and thankfully, there’re ramps all the way so if you have luggage, it’s a breeze too) from Taipei Main station via the Zhongshan Undergrd Mall, exit R4. So if you don’t need to rush off to the train or bus station early in the morning (like during the second leg of our trip), this is convenient enough really. And for my next trip, I would choose Purple Garden over Pig’s Home. (Pls refer to my upcoming review on Purple Garden for details.) Pig’s Home may be suitable for groups of 4-6 tho’ as there’re rooms catered for that size.

Room Tip: Best to call for reservation.
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple