“AMAZING! AMAZING! and AMAZING” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Din Tai Fung (101 Branch)

Din Tai Fung (101 Branch)
Ranked #15 of 12,473 Restaurants in Taipei
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian, Taiwanese, Soups
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Bangkok, Thailand
“AMAZING! AMAZING! and AMAZING”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2013

It's amazing there are many people queue up when we arrived at 11am. So amazing they clear all the queues so fast. Amazing that the service is super good, imagine so many people in the restaurant. And all dishes are incredible amazing!!! It is much better than Din Tai Fung in Bangkok.

• Visited October 2013

• Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
“Everything excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2013 via mobile

I first had XiaoLongBao in Shanghai 2009. It's been hard to find during my travels since. When I hawsers about Din Tai Fung I knew I'd have to eat here. Our host gave it high reviews for quality and service. They were right, everything was excellent. We had a wide variety of dumplings, vegetables and soups. Everything was extremely hot from heat with a couple almost too hot from spice. I felt the original was the best. I look forward to a couple of more trips here during my 10 day stay. Don't let the long line fool you, our 20 minutes was really around 10.

“Great service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2013

We went at 11am, no wait, empty restaurant and great service. We ordered dumplings, vegetables and steamed rice dumplings (sweet). The food was ordinary compared to other ding tai fung's we had overseas. The dumplings were undercooked. But the rice dumplings were surprisingly good.

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Atlanta, Georgia
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2013 via mobile

Excellent and worth the 20min wait. Very efficient and great area including 101 Tower. This place is in back corner of level.

Penang Malaysia
“...the perfect xiaolongpao restaurant for me.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2013

..everything is so systematic here, from the tasty food to the service from start to end.
Don't be put off by the queue, the place is big enough, so the table turnover is pretty fast.
I give full marks to their open xiaolongpao kitchen, and the neat and standardised outfit plus service gears all the waitresses are fitted with. All of them have their hair rolled into a neat bun the same way! ...and different waitresses can serve you at different times in a fluid continuity that makes you feel like you are being served by the same waitress all the time!
It also surprises me that my back-pack was allocated a special seat with a very nice cloth cover over it! In fact, all customers enjoy this privilege even if it's just a handbag! Very meticulous I must say.
Go enjoy!