“Convenient location, comfortable rooms”
Review of Y Hotel Taipei

Y Hotel Taipei
Ranked #24 of 283 Speciality Lodging in Taipei
Reviewed 14 February 2017

We stayed 2 nights in their Superior Triple Family Room.

Check-in was a breeze. The front-desk staff who welcomed us was a no-nonsense person who gave us our key and pointed us to the elevator.

The room had 2 beds, a king and a single. There was a vanity table with a mirror, a small fridge and a chair on one wall, while the one opposite had a wardrobe with enough space for clothes and our bags.

An electric kettle with bags of tea were provided, along with 3 bottles of water. There was also a cold and hot water dispenser on the hallway near the elevator if you wanted to refill.

The bathroom had a bathtub and water pressure was very good. Toiletries were provided including tubes of shampoo and shower gel, a couple of bars of soap, razor and toothbrushes. There was also a hairdryer.

Location-wise, this hotel was tough to beat. A FamilyMart was across the street, while a 7-Eleven was next door. Across the building beside it was one of the entrances to Taipei Main Station which pretty much will take you anywhere in Taipei and beyond. Plenty of restaurants and food stalls were nearby if you want to sample local food.

This was a very good hotel that I wouldn't hesitate to recommend to anyone.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 3 January 2017

We stay on this hotel last December 19 to 22. Reservation fee is not needed unless you will arrive 6PM onwards on your reservation date. In my case, i have fill up the reservation form on their website. the response is quick. the location of the hotel is very near to taipei main station. Use exit M6 fom taipei main station. Resto's and eateries are nearby.

The room is basic, clean, comfy and complete toiletries. Water pressure is strong and with shower heater.

Laundry is also available, it's DIY. staff are helpful and kind.

For me, i will still stay on this hotel on my next visit to Taipei.

Room Tip: choose higher floor rooms
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
5  Thank MacMac22
Reviewed 14 October 2016 via mobile

I stayed for two nights and extended one more night due to sudden change in the plan to go to tainan. This location is super good and very easy to move around.
The hotel may be basic but all is clean and all you need is provided.
My favourite part is where i could wash my clothes comfortably
Next trip to taipei, we will definitely stay here

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 August 2016

Right around the corner from the main train station entrance, literally walking distance. Makes everything in the city super easy to access. Clean nice rooms - small but totally functional and a great price for such a central location. The front desk staff speak English and are super helpful. Taxi drivers all know it too which makes things a lot easier. Free wifi and nice and fast

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
3  Thank nanabananabkk
Reviewed 22 August 2016 via mobile

Traveling solo on this trip through Taipei for 2 days. I selected this hotel initially bc reviews are good, it's close to Taipei main station, shopping and plenty of restaurants. All held true. I'm on the 8th floor, which has been renovated. Furnishings are modern and clean. There is a mini refrigerator, Hair dryer, hot water pot (none of the Taiwan hotels I've stayed in have coffee, so Americans be prepared), complimentary bottle water, travel toiletries are set in the bathroom, and there's a fancy toilet. My room has a comfortable double bed, and flat screen tv. Using the laundry on my quick stay is easy too bc detergent is provided in the laundry room (cost is 50 NTD for each wash and dry - which translates to about $3 US to complete a full wash and dry).
Only negative I've experienced is hall noise. Although doors are heavy, I can hear talking and doors slam, so have a drink or bring earplugs. I cannot hear outside noise, but I do not have a street view.
Hotel staff speaks decent English and are very nice and helpful.
If you're worried this hotel is very basic, which I was, please know there's a Starbucks on the left and massage place on the right! A diner style restaurant is in hotel too, which was very tasty!!

Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo