“Delicious Italian! ”

Ranked #801 of 12,890 Restaurants in Bangkok
Cuisines: Italian, Wine Bar
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Thong Lor & Ekamai
Description: I am an executive Italian Chef with 30 years experience. I serve original Italian dishes with a touch of my personality, but also my own recipes issued after years of research. Because of the limited number of seats, in my restaurant you will find a intimate and friendly atmosphere, ideal for laid back evenings and romantic dinners.
Reviewed 16 January 2017 via mobile

This is such a cute little charming and authentic Italian restaurant! Only four tables (two inside and two outside) so make sure to call in advance to book. We went for dinner and had the most delicious Italian food! We had the margarita pizza and caprese salad (which comes with burrata) to start- both were amazing! The pizza crust was crispy with just the right amount of cheese and tomato sauce. The burrata was creamy and had the perfect accompaniment of homemade pesto. For the main course I had the tagliatelle with porcini mushrooms and truffle- WOW! Really good homemade pasta cooked al dente with a light creamy truffle sauce and tasty porcini mushrooms. For dessert we had the tiramisu and it is one of the best I've ever had (and I've been to Italy to compare)- so rich and creamy with the perfect amount of coffee flavor.
The owner (and Chef), Carlos, is so lovely and friendly which added to the wonderful dining experience. Thank you Carlos! We will definitely be back the next time in Bangkok!

Date of visit: January 2017

Reviewed 21 September 2016 via mobile

Great pizzas and pasta, comfortable atmosphere with a really friendly and professional chef. Probably the best pizza I had in Bangkok.

Date of visit: September 2016
Reviewed 28 July 2016

Except its name everything has been changed with the new manager & chef. the small space is very well-decorated and it gives you a welcoming feeling. Food is absolutely good and I can say its one of the best in town. The chef is a real gentleman and very welcoming.
I thought it is unfair to keep my old review so I added a new one. Hope the new manager keeps up the amazing work.

Date of visit: May 2016
1  Thank Traveler_M55
Reviewed 25 July 2016

A tiny restaurant a bit off the beaten track and away from public transport, this place is worth visiting, as the owner-chef cooks to your heart's delight. Very authentic and all freshly prepared, the pasta, salads and desserts are first rate. Glad we found this place and we will hopefully be back soon. Don't miss trying the home made Limoncello. Overall excellent value for money - closed only Monday lunch time

Date of visit: July 2016
Reviewed 9 July 2016

As an Italian living in Bangkok I am quite suspicious toward Italian restaurants in Thailand. Following the invitation of a friend I accomplished her to pay a visit to "La Tana". As others reviewers already underlined, La Tana is a very small venue: I counted a total of 12 seats: therefore booking is mandatory. The small hall is anyway comfortable enough. There is a wide choice of pizzas, but we focused our attention on some other kind of dish. We ordered a "carpaccio of beef" which was clean, lean and tasty and a dish of "burrata" with ham. No possible complain about them: everything freshly cut. We already plan a second visit in the near future where we are curious to try both "risotto" and "pasta" (wide choice available too). It is obvious that the preparation of the dishes is followed with great attention (the small size of the venue is certainly an advantage!). All in all a restaurant that we would recommend particularly to a restricted group of friends/relatives (2 to 4) to enjoy a quiet dinner in a really hassle-free restaurant.

Date of visit: July 2016