“Fantastic hotel!!!”

Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18
Ranked #84 of 879 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 24 May 2012

We stayed here for 3 nights whilst sightseeing in the city for the 1st time, great location only 2 mins from Asoke sky train station. Hotel is obviously new, very clean small but good standard rooms and lovely roof top pool. We paid just over £30 per night and I would definitely say this is the best value for money hotel I have ever stayed in!!!

Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Parkplaza B, General Manager at Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2012

Dear Mailstoney,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write to us on TripAdvisor! :)

We appreciated your kind response and notes in relation to our cleanliness and value for money!

I appreciate your feedback regarding your stay at the Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18 and have shared these with my team. It is always a pleasure to receive positive review, which will serve as an encouragement to all our Associates as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

I thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope to have the pleasure to welcome you, your family or friend to the Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18!.

There are newer reviews for Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18

Reviewed 10 May 2012

As a travel agent, I am familiar with the Park Plaza Hotels in the UK and have stayed at a number of them which are excellent. For my first visit to Thailand, I decided to try the Park Plaza in Bangkok and chose the newest hotel Park Plaza Soi 18. I wasn't disappointed! What a fantastic find this hotel was. It is located in a quiet street just off the main Sukhumvit Road which is the commercial centre with plenty of shopping/restaurants and nightlife. A short five minute walk takes you there with easy access to the excellent Skytrain around Bangkok. Check in was fast, efficient and friendly with a cold welcome drink after our long flight from London. Our room was large, clean and well furnished. Beds are very clean and very comfortable. The view from our room was not great as the hotel is a city hotel amongst many taller buildings adjacent. However, our stay in Bangkok was NOT to be spent in our hotel bedroom! So it was perfectly fine for our visit of 3nts. There is a roof-top pool and restaurant which is gorgeous in the evenings as it is surrounded by trees and twinkling blue lights. Meals AND drinks are half price during their long Happy Hour from 6-9pm. It is fantastic value for money. Food at the hotel was excellent with a great buffet breakfast. There is a small terrace off the main restaurant which was lovely to enjoy our coffee after breakfast each morning. We could sit and people-watch as everyday life went on below us. The reception staff and the concierges could not have been more helpful. They gave us great advice concerning sight-seeing and information regarding taxis and tut-tuts. We were told to be careful of these as they can sometimes dupe the unsuspecting tourist so make sure you agree prices BEFORE you get in the cab/tut-tut. We decided to use the public transport which is brilliant and very easy. Our concierge advised about a 1 day ticket which cost around THB180 - approx £3.50. In summing up - I would DEFINITELY stay at the Park Plaza Soi 18 again on my next visit to Bangkok. This was a brilliant little gem in the heart of the city!!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank CAROMAC79
Peter L, General Manager at Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2012

Dear Caromac,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write to us on TripAdvisor and for your highly positive and thorough feedback!

Thank you for noting a vast array of our services from breakfast through to our team. This is very motivating for our team :)

Reviewed 9 May 2012

I had one day to kill in Bangkok before my flight home to the U.S. and wanted to be in the Soi 18-22 area. This hotel is very nice but should not be confused with the "other" Park Plaza closer to Sukhumvit.

Nice Pool, gym was adequate, professional staff as well. Soi 18 is pretty quiet actually compared to Soi 22.

Room was very hip and had everything you need with this cool bathroom setup that was very open to the rest of the room. Room safe, refrig, robe, two bottles of comp water, and a very high tech key entry systems (tap and enter).

One small drawback which is a nit is my room (#616) had a view of apartments about 25 feet away with laundry hanging outside and most folks leave their sliding door open so you feel close to your neighbors : )

I booked last minute the day of on Expedia in May of 2012, This room was not cheap but very well appointed (just under $90 U.S. with taxes etc). You can find cheaper but in this area you get what you pay for. Cheers.

Room Tip: Try for an odd number room like 617 vs. 616 to avoid seeing neighbor apt activity.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank supernova72
Peter L, General Manager at Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2012

Dear Supernova,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write to us on TripAdvisor! Thank you very much for your detailed comments in relation to our location, room quality and service - we shared your review today in our morning briefing.

Reviewed 9 May 2012

I would have said that is a great hotel, but we had some minor drawbacks that ruined our mood and therefore I must give a fair 4 out of 5 stars rating.
The hotel itself is great. As everybody said - good location. The rooms are very nice. Modern, spacious. A perfect business hotel. The toiletries are good quality. You couldn't fault it.
But...although the hotel is extremly clean, in our room is was obviously that the cleaning lady had some problems. Only after we spoke with the manager and had to change the room, the things got normal. The manager was very polite and efficient, but we would have loved to solve the issue via the reception and not disturb the manager, but the receptionist showed no reaction to our requests.
Also, the interaction with the doorman left us with a bitter taste...
On the other hand, the rest of the stuff was amazing. The food was great and the prices were very, very convenient for this level of quality and service.
The pool was very nice. There were plenty of free seats. One could easily find an available sun deck. An incrredible feeling to swim in that pool.
Overall, a very good experience.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank irinai

Dear Irinai,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write to us on TripAdvisor! We are soo happy that you commented on our pool - salt water pool, thank you for your thorough comments regarding the service and hote quality.

Reviewed 9 May 2012

Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18: Location is just perfect, It's near the BTS and MRT station, as well as Sukhumvit shopping center. The hotel provides free tuk-tuk drop to the main road. Housekeeping staff at this hotel is great the rooms are always very clean, the entire hotel always smells good, the carpets always smell fresh & clean, which I think is a great plus. The staff are extremely polite & helpful. They would go out of their way to help you with things, they would negotiate with local Taxi drivers. The man at the door is a Star, he would give you free entry pass to night clubs in Bangkok, which generally is THB 800. Rooms are nice cozy to assure a goodnight sleep. Internet speed is great. There is a very nice restaurant next door to the hotel, which serves some excellent Thai food & is very reasonably priced & it also a lot of massage options in the lane. I would give 8 out of 10 to this hotel & for sure would come back to this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank AmitHnM

Dear Amit,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write to us on TripAdvisor! We appreciated your great comments in relation to our location and product features.