“Definitely a place to be avoided!”
Review of Chivit Chiva

Chivit Chiva
Ranked #398 of 529 Spas & Wellness in Bangkok
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 21 June 2015 via mobile

1. Unwashed towels and bathrobes.
2. No choices of oil. Whatever you choose is the same. The essential oil is of very poor quality and wasn't absorbed at all.
3. Water of the shower is not hot enough.
5. Complaint was not handled at all. Posts on their Facebook were immediately deleted. Management of the company should address customers' concerns, shouldn't they?
6. Construction noise was there throughout the whole treatment.
7. Extremely overpriced! For the same price, I can go to a more luxurious spa with much better quality.
8. Definitely a place to be avoided!

Reviewed 5 April 2015

I stopped by there today and was floored by the pricing. What makes them doubl HealthLand or Ruen Naad.......what really justifies this kinda activity. There is a binder and I saw the first page and realized I had entrered a parallel universe. Thai massage in New York is even cheaper and this supposedly is in Bangkok.....it felt like it anyway as I walked in and out

Reviewed 8 February 2015

I spent 1200 baht on a body massage here, as I knew other places nearby would be fully booked. There are reasons for why those places are busy and Chuvit Chiva is not, however, and I was definitely ripped off.

Chuvit Chiva simply cannot justify the prices it charges. The interior design is mediocre and no more thoughtful than in cheaper spas here. It's very dark - probably to hide the fact that the interior really is not very luxurious or relaxing. The tea they serve you afterwards is ridiculously sweet and almost undrinkable. The oil used was nothing special, and the masseuse I had didn't even try to warm up the oil with her hands, instead pouring cold oil on me in an already cold room. I was freezing throughout the massage. I also know that my masseuse ended my massage 5 minutes before it was meant to finish, and I wish now I had checked with her her the exact time the massage would end. She tried to cover it up by asking if I wanted to have a shower straight afterwards, which I thought was strange as I thought you were meant to not shower straight after an oil massage in order for it to be effective. Again, I wish I had queried it at the time but I was far too polite. She must have seen me coming!

I had a good foot massage before there, but it was not as insanely overpriced as the oil massage. Chuvit Chiva have clearly spotted a gap in the market for people who are willing to pay that for a rubbish massage because the other places are so popular and booked out. Don't be a mug like me; go to a more reputable and fairly priced spa like Asia Herb Company or Urban Retreat if you want a decent massage in that part of Sukhumvit at a mid-priced spa.

1  Thank zimzimma
Reviewed 5 December 2014

Me and friends wanted a massage and Chivit Chiva was recommended by friends. The place had a very nice personal boutique-spa feel. Very clean and cosy. They had a pretty decent spa menu but we had already decided on a 2-hr full body massage. It was heavenly! Prices at Chivit Chiva are slightly higher compared to Healthland (which IMO has become abit too commercialized) but worth it for the exclusivity and pampering. Their location near Asok BTS station and Terminal21 is a plus.

2  Thank ShanaKoh
See more reviews
Reviewed 29 November 2014

This is one of the best massage and spa offering in Bangkok in terms of facility and skill masseurs. Conveniently situated near Asok station opposite Westin hotel, it offers pampering at a rather higher cost than the conventional massage parlors along the streets. The masseurs are well trained, and room clean and cozy. Many a time I fell asleep while enjoying either Thai massage or Oil massage due to the comfort of the room. This is the recommended place to pamper yourself when budget allows.