“Brilliant Hotel”

Oriental Residence Bangkok
Ranked #10 of 892 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 3 October 2012

Me and Boyfriend stayed here for our final three nights in Asia. We got there at 11pm at night and the staff were very welcoming and showed us to our room and made sure we knew how everything worked.
When we got settled into our room we were highly impressed with the decor, especially the bed which was comfortable and large, exactly what you need after a long day!
We got up late the next day and went down for Breakfast at Cafe Claire, which was brilliant food and not expensive by 5* hotel standards. So well worth a trip.
The concierges were incredibly helpful, relaying where we wanted to go to the taxi drivers. One night we asked the concierge for a recommendation on a sky bar to go. He recommended one I had never heard of, and it turned out to be the one from The hangover 2, which has amazing views of the city. So it was a pleasant surprise.
The staff were always there if you had a problem or query. We managed to lock ourselves out of the safety deposit box and after a quick phone call the duty manager was at our door within minutes to solve the problem!
Overall I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Bangkok, its a lovely hotel, brilliant staff and is reasonably priced for the level of service!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jemma c
Paul S, Manager at Oriental Residence Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2012

Dear jemma c,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Oriental Residence Bangkok and for taking the time to post a detailed review of your recent stay.

I am very pleased to read your appraisal of our team, services and facilities and I know my colleagues will be equally pleased to learn of your kind remarks and recognition of their efforts to meet your needs.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you and your boyfriend back and hope to exceed your expectations once again.

Executive Assistant Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,934)

Reviewed 3 October 2012

Stayed at the Oriental residences for 3 nights in September 2012. Location is not 'the ultimate best' but not far from anywhere if you are willing to spend some time in Taxis or walk a short 800m.

Rooms are spacious, comfortable, beds are huge and soft, very large bathrooms, the works. We try to experience as many new hotels in Bangkok and thus stayed in the very early opening days of the Centara CentralWorld, The Davies, Pullman, M-gallery, as well as in many existing hotels in the city (probably about 15 or more) and we are used to the little 'issues' in opening days and this hotel had some, but certainly nothing worth mentioning (example - we asked for a good place to eat in the area, the concierge put us on a taxi and sent us to a restaurant that was both closed at that time and gave the taxi driver the wrong address). On the flip side, they were very accommodating to our every need and (being with 3 small children) we had some needs. They were also eager to help. So bottom line is service is very good.

Swimming pool is very nice, large, comfortable and completely empty of people. Only issue is that it is 3m away from pretty large cell site antennas.

Food is a small issue - the hotel restaurant is expensive and does not have the quality to justify, and there is nothing really nearby. But again - good food is never more than a few minutes away in BKK.

Would certainly stay there again if it remained as competitively price as it was for us.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank J_N_and_3

Dear J_N_and_3,

Thank you for the feedback of your recent visit to the Oriental Residence Bangkok! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am delighted to read your appraisal of our team, services and I know our staff will be equally pleased to learn of your kind remarks and recognition of their efforts. On another note, we do apologize for wrong address and opening hours of the restaurant. We have advised our Concierge team so they are aware of your experience.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 2 October 2012

My son and I stayed 3 nights at the Oriental Residence Bangkok from Sep 29 to Oct 2. This could be classified as a boutique hotel. The hotel is located on Wireless Road, where many of the embassies are located (American and Dutch Embassies are within a short walk from the hotel), suggesting the area is extremely safe, if not a bit dull. The hotel personnel in general were highly professional and courteous. We had a 1-bedroom suite with a kitchen that included two hotplates for cooking, a micro and a refrigerator. The suite was not so large but very nicely arranged and beautifully decorated. The hotel is quite new, so everything still looked new and fresh. There was a special promotion during our stay, so the price of about 4,400 baht/night was very reasonable. We had dinner one evening at the hotel’s restaurant, Café Claire, which was very small but cozy. We had Thai food and were both very pleased with our dinner. The prices were reasonable considering it is a 5-star hotel. The hotel has a fitness center, but I must say it was a big disappointment with respect to equipment. There’s also a swimming pool on the 4th floor. The hotel really needs to bring in some additional equipment. Surprisingly, the hotel has no spa, which for some guests is likely a major limitation. The spa prices in the hotel are normally so high that I tend to avoid using such services. The hotel is about a 10-15 minute walk from the sky train, which is convenient and much better than taking a taxi. The hotel also has free shuttle service to the sky train for those who find the walk difficult. In summary, I can highly recommend this hotel to those who prefer a quiet and charming property, but for those who prefer excitement and a lively environment, I suggest this hotel is not for you.

Room Tip: We can highly recommend the 1-bedroom suite, which includes a kitchenette .
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank lshapspro
Paul S, Manager at Oriental Residence Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2012

Dear lshapspro,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Oriental Residence Bangkok. I am pleased to hear that overall you had a great stay with us. Also, thank you for sharing your feedback on the fitness center and the pool.

Please let me know if I can be of assistance with any future arrangements.

Reviewed 2 October 2012

This is a relatively “new kid on the block”. Many taxi drivers do not know the exact location of the hotel. Some driver might know if you mentioned the US Embassy but for my case, I realized that the US Embassy consists of 2 parts separated by the Wireless Road. On one side of Wireless Road is the US Embassy’s administrative office while on the opposite side of the road is the US Embassy’s residence compound. To be exact, direction to the Oriental Residence should be travelling from Lumphini Park to Wireless Road, passing by the US Embassy and before the Embassy of Netherland.

The property consists of the hotel and Residence apartments. The hotel lobby is airy, bright with high roof ceiling. Check in was seamless. The front office staff attended to me can speak excellent English. She escorted me to my suite on the 30th Floor and briefed me all the facilities and amenities available in the room.

The one bedroom suite is big; 70 sq meters. The room is tasteful decorated with premium furnishing. It comes with a fully equipped kitchen and the balcony overlooks the US Embassy’s compound. The bedroom with hardwood flooring is well appointed. Bed is super comfortable. The marble bathroom could be the most spacious in the City. The premium toiletries will be collectors’ items.

The swimming pool is located on the 4th floor, not very big with limited lounge chairs and cabana. The fitness centre is relatively small.

There are free shuttles to the nearby BTS Station. Unlike most hotels, the concierge of Oriental Residence will drop you to the BTS station as and when requested. Most hotels only follow a fixed schedule.

During my staff, staffs were helpful and service was excellent. My only complaint was the weak complimentary wifi.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank Huat88

Dear Huat88,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Oriental Residence Bangkok. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our room, services and overall had a great stay with us. We appreciate all forms of guest feedback, and it is through constructive comments that we are able to continually improve our services and facilities for our guests. It is of course with great concern that I have learned of the WIFI quality in your room was weak. I want to assure you this was an isolated case. Normally, we have very good WIFI coverage throughout the building.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 30 September 2012 via mobile

Very nice hotel with beautifully appointed suites.

Good service and friendly staff.

Only letdown is it doesn't have an executive lounge and breakfast included in room price had limited options compared to other hotels.

Rooms are luxurios and the bed is just perfect.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Diablos5

Dear Diablos5,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Oriental Residence Bangkok. We appreciate all forms of guest feedback, and it is through constructive comments that we are able to continually improve our services and facilities for our guests. It is of course with great concern that I learn of your disappointment with the breakfast set up. I am sorry we fell short of meeting your expectations and I assure you of my personal attention in improving these shortcomings.

We look forward to welcoming you back so that we may show you that we stand behind our commitment.