Oriental Residence Bangkok
US$104
US$77
Priceline
3,062 results
All reviewscafe clairewireless roadamerican embassyone bedroom suitepillow menuembassy districtpark viewmacaroonsbeautiful hoteldining tablewasher dryerlumpini parkour honeymoonhuge bathroomhome away from homeserviced apartmentnearest bts station
Reviewed 22 October 2012

Great awesome place, great service, friendly staff , lovely decor...The staff who checked us in, Joy , was professional and friendly.
The doormen were great, greeting u with "welcome back" each time you comeback.
Overall experience was really good?
Only complaint was the food in the cafe has room for improvement..
Will definitely go back again!

1  Thank Pswan111
Paul S, Manager at Oriental Residence Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2012

Dear Pswan111,

Thank you sincerely for commending Joy, our doormen and our service in this regard. Your kind recognition will be very well received.

I also would like to reiterate my apologies if you were left to feel in anyway disappointed with the food at Café Claire. I would like to assure you that we pay careful attention to feedback such as you have provided, taking immediate steps to correct any deficiencies.

I look forward to an opportunity to welcome your return to the Oriental Residence Bangkok in the near future.

Reviewed 22 October 2012

The hotel is great location, i could say the best location in Bangkok. I had stay Intercontinental, Sukhothai, Novotel but The Oriental Residence beat it all !. I mean 10 minute to sky train and shopping area, clean and peaceful atmosphere ( near many Embassy ), breakfast is awesome!
Staffs at the lobby all very friendly and polite, despite one guy at the concierge he seems trying too much to put me in not taxi meter one! make me feel cheating somehow. Also the fixed ( set up ) price that he claimed is too high. Well that's the only small thing compare to other service I experienced. I definitely be back and recommend this new luxury hotel to my friends.

2  Thank P_shres

Dear P_shres,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Oriental Residence Bangkok and for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay. While I am very happy to read your positive comments, I would like to extend my sincere apologies that you were left to feel disappointed by minor mishap with our Concierge.

I trust we will have the opportunity to restore your confidence in the near future. I look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 21 October 2012

I have just returned from a three night stay at Oriental Residence Bangkok which was outstanding. A new property located in the Embassy district and only a short walk from the BTS so a great base to get around town easily. Certainly not your typical hotel, it is very homely and evokes sentiments of a bygone age with a colonial feel but is very much equipped for the modern day with beautiful interiors. I stayed in a One Bedroom Suite overlooking the Dutch Embassy grounds, the suite was very spacious, comfortable with even a fully equipped kitchen so great for longer stays too. All the staff were very attentive, friendly and helpful. For dining, there are two restaurants to choose from Cafe Claire or Mandopop. Cafe Claire has the feel of a grand European cafe serving all your comfort food favorites - the Eggs Benedict are to die for! Mandopop was an exceptional experience, a stunning restaurant that serves modern Chinese cuisine which as well as being scrumptious was beautifully and creatively presented and served by attentive and knowledgeable staff. The cocktails are great too – try a Mando Fizz. I did not have the opportunity to try Room Service but assume it is the same high quality as the restaurants. There is a small well equipped gym but it did get rather busy around 8am. I used the limousine service on several occasions, you can select from brand new Jaguar's or Toyota Alphard's. The drivers are knowledgeable and able to navigate the quickest way through Bangkok's chaotic traffic. The cars even have ipads to enjoy surfing as you are driven around. Service carried on all the way to the airport where the Oriental's representative even assisted me through check in and immigration. I can’t wait to visit again and would recommend to anyone visiting Bangkok.

Room Tip: Suites overlooking the Dutch Embassy
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Paul S, Manager at Oriental Residence Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2012

Dear ARB2703,

I am very pleased to learn of your positive impressions after your stay with us at the Oriental Residence Bangkok. Thank you for sharing your feedback on Trip Advisor and for recommending our hotel.

Once again, thank you for stay at the Oriental Residence Bangkok. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back and hope to exceed your expectations once again.

Reviewed 19 October 2012

I strongly recommend to stay in this hotel , i came bangkok this year 4 times and i stayed in the top 5 stars hotel (fourseasons, St. Regis,Hansar and Hayat ) but wasnt good like that one , that one you can feel at home the staff is extremly friendly the rooms are extremly clean , the room service and house keeping is amazing, i am staying in room 1904 in 19th and the view from this room is park view you can open ur eyes in early morning will find greens every where , location is perfect beside united states of america and in the middle of the city which u can go any place easily in 10 min.
Oriental Residence team wish u all luck , and please allow me next visit to bangkok to stay in ur hotel :)

Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Islam F
Paul S, Manager at Oriental Residence Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2012

Dear Islam F,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay with us at the Oriental Residence Bangkok.

I am very pleased to learn that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay and that you regard your stay to be the best experience you have had in Bangkok. I am also very pleased to read your appraisal of our team, services and facilities and I know my colleagues’ especially in room service and housekeeping will be pleased to learn of your kind remarks and recognition of their efforts to meet your needs.

I do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Oriental Residence Bangkok in the near future.

Reviewed 11 October 2012

The Oriental Residence is a top-notch place to stay in Bangkok, situated in the quiet area with lot of embassies around. 10 minutes walking distance to nearest skytrain station, not far from Lumpini park.
From the moment I've arrived in the hotel I felt like a VIP. The charming, attentive staff did everything to offer me a wonderful stay, I even got upgraded to a corner room with beautiful view to the parks. The rooms are very spacious, so is the bathroom. Bed is comfortable, furnishing and all interiours in perfect shape. I've chosen the hotel based on the excellent comments here on trip advisor and the impression of the stylish pictures - the hotel offers a perfect blend of colonial influences and modern style. And I haven't been disapointed, this hotel deserves the excellent ranking and the pictures aren't over promising at all.
Restaurant offers a reasonable choice of various delicious dishes (Western and Asian). I haven't tried the breakfast buffet, but the choice didn't look as great as in other 5* hotels I've stayed in Thailand.
I will definitely come back here! My special thanks goes to the attentive and friendly front office manager, Ms. Duangtawank, who was very helpful during my whole stay.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank serene_zrh
Paul S, Manager at Oriental Residence Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2012

Dear serene_zrh,

Thank you sincerely for commending Ms. Duangtawan in this regard. Your kind recognition will be very well received.