Oriental Residence Bangkok
US$238
US$214
Orbitz.com
3,063 results
All reviewscafe clairewireless roadamerican embassyone bedroom suitepillow menuembassy districtpark viewmacaroonsbeautiful hoteldining tablewasher dryerlumpini parkour honeymoonhuge bathroomhome away from homeserviced apartmentnearest bts station
Reviewed 3 November 2012

fascinating, beautifull . nothing bad to saY. Very clean, very new, very polite staff. they have a service to skytrain and it is 5 minutes walk from hotel. 7 eleven is just opposite. ı booked somewhere else for our last night in Bangkok, but I couldnt stay at the other place. we just came back to this hotel back..ıf you are a little bit picky and if you really want to feel special at your stay, dont go anywhere else... just here....thanks a lot to everyone for that wonderfull stay..

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Paul S, Manager at Oriental Residence Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2012

Dear nitinol,

Thank you for choosing the Oriental Residence Bangkok for your recent stay and for recommending your experience on Trip Advisor.

I am very pleased to learn you enjoyed your stay with us. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back and hope to exceed your expectations once again.

Reviewed 23 October 2012

I have just returned from a 4 day 3 night stay at Oriental Residence Bangkok and I must say that this hotel is simply the best of the best in Bangkok! We were greeted warmly by the staff as well as the Rooms Manager on our first day and right from the start, the staff were extremely courteous, helpful and gracious, even personally showing us to our rooms and around the hotel! This is the very first time throughout all my other stays where any staff has ever personally walked us to our rooms!

The rooms were impeccably clean, very very spacious (even though we only booked the smallest room), the bed was the softest of hotel beds, you can almost sink right into the plush pillows and lay there for hours not wanting to leave the hotel room! The room was also equipped with a kitchen with state of the art cooking facilities (including flameless electronic stoves, microwave ovens, the full set of cutlery, even a toaster).

What surprised us most was the lovely mango sticky rice dessert that greeted us in our hotel rooms when we returned to the hotel on our first night, the mango was really sweet and delightful, one of the best we had ever tasted. The shuttle services is typically ran by one of the hotel staff himself. We were expecting to take a shuttle bus to the BTS station but we were even more surprised when we were actually transported via a brand new comfortable spacious SUV.

The hotel is located within walking distance from Phloen Chit BTS station, making it very accessible, we had no difficulties accessing the hotel even though we had heard from previous visitors that it might be quite difficult to walk there from the train station.

The hotel facilities were also great, the gym was brand new and spacious. The pool water was slightly on the chilly side and one of the only things that we could actually complain about was the lack of tanning space on the pool deck. There were only 2 sun tanning deck chairs at the pool side (the rest of the chairs were under lovely canopys that were really pleasant and beautiful looking but we wanted to tan during our trip as well) and on one occasion we had to request for more deck chairs.

The amazing thing about the hotel is the staff's responsiveness and willingness to make each and every detail perfect. The next day after we had fedback about the lack of pool deck chairs, we immediately noted that there were 3 more sets of pool deck chairs placed out under the sun for the other hotel residents to tan. I felt that this touch of responsiveness in the hotel's staff is really something special that most other hotels do not provide, making us feel totally at home in the Oriental Residence.

We were sad to have to leave the place on the last day. Even while we were leaving, the rooms manager herself spared time to help us take many photos in the hotel lobby.

Will definitely recommend this hotel to all my other friends and family members visiting bangkok!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank THJ87
Paul S, Manager at Oriental Residence Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2012

Dear THJ87,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay with us at the Oriental Residence Bangkok. I am very pleased to learn that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay and that you regard your stay to be the best experiences you have had in Bangkok.

Also, I am very pleased to read your appraisal of our team, services and facilities and I know my colleagues will be equally pleased to learn of your kind remarks and recognition of their efforts to meet your needs

I do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Oriental Residence Bangkok in the near future.

Reviewed 22 October 2012

Great awesome place, great service, friendly staff , lovely decor...The staff who checked us in, Joy , was professional and friendly.
The doormen were great, greeting u with "welcome back" each time you comeback.
Overall experience was really good?
Only complaint was the food in the cafe has room for improvement..
Will definitely go back again!

1  Thank Pswan111
Paul S, Manager at Oriental Residence Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2012

Dear Pswan111,

Thank you sincerely for commending Joy, our doormen and our service in this regard. Your kind recognition will be very well received.

I also would like to reiterate my apologies if you were left to feel in anyway disappointed with the food at Café Claire. I would like to assure you that we pay careful attention to feedback such as you have provided, taking immediate steps to correct any deficiencies.

I look forward to an opportunity to welcome your return to the Oriental Residence Bangkok in the near future.

Reviewed 22 October 2012

The hotel is great location, i could say the best location in Bangkok. I had stay Intercontinental, Sukhothai, Novotel but The Oriental Residence beat it all !. I mean 10 minute to sky train and shopping area, clean and peaceful atmosphere ( near many Embassy ), breakfast is awesome!
Staffs at the lobby all very friendly and polite, despite one guy at the concierge he seems trying too much to put me in not taxi meter one! make me feel cheating somehow. Also the fixed ( set up ) price that he claimed is too high. Well that's the only small thing compare to other service I experienced. I definitely be back and recommend this new luxury hotel to my friends.

2  Thank P_shres

Dear P_shres,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Oriental Residence Bangkok and for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay. While I am very happy to read your positive comments, I would like to extend my sincere apologies that you were left to feel disappointed by minor mishap with our Concierge.

I trust we will have the opportunity to restore your confidence in the near future. I look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 21 October 2012

I have just returned from a three night stay at Oriental Residence Bangkok which was outstanding. A new property located in the Embassy district and only a short walk from the BTS so a great base to get around town easily. Certainly not your typical hotel, it is very homely and evokes sentiments of a bygone age with a colonial feel but is very much equipped for the modern day with beautiful interiors. I stayed in a One Bedroom Suite overlooking the Dutch Embassy grounds, the suite was very spacious, comfortable with even a fully equipped kitchen so great for longer stays too. All the staff were very attentive, friendly and helpful. For dining, there are two restaurants to choose from Cafe Claire or Mandopop. Cafe Claire has the feel of a grand European cafe serving all your comfort food favorites - the Eggs Benedict are to die for! Mandopop was an exceptional experience, a stunning restaurant that serves modern Chinese cuisine which as well as being scrumptious was beautifully and creatively presented and served by attentive and knowledgeable staff. The cocktails are great too – try a Mando Fizz. I did not have the opportunity to try Room Service but assume it is the same high quality as the restaurants. There is a small well equipped gym but it did get rather busy around 8am. I used the limousine service on several occasions, you can select from brand new Jaguar's or Toyota Alphard's. The drivers are knowledgeable and able to navigate the quickest way through Bangkok's chaotic traffic. The cars even have ipads to enjoy surfing as you are driven around. Service carried on all the way to the airport where the Oriental's representative even assisted me through check in and immigration. I can’t wait to visit again and would recommend to anyone visiting Bangkok.

Room Tip: Suites overlooking the Dutch Embassy
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Paul S, Manager at Oriental Residence Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2012

Dear ARB2703,

I am very pleased to learn of your positive impressions after your stay with us at the Oriental Residence Bangkok. Thank you for sharing your feedback on Trip Advisor and for recommending our hotel.

Once again, thank you for stay at the Oriental Residence Bangkok. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back and hope to exceed your expectations once again.