3,123 results
All reviewscafe clairewireless roadamerican embassyone bedroom suitepark viewpillow menuembassy areamacaroonscentral embassybeautiful hoteldining tablewasher dryerlumpini parkour honeymoonhuge bathroomhome away from homeserviced apartment
Reviewed 11 February 2013

We were after a 24 hours flight so it was a huge hope to get some sleep and a take a good shower. But we found much more than sleep and shower, we were treated like some presidents from the movie and a bed... Guys, from where did you get this bed, it is a piece of heaven to sleep, we want the same to us!

I definitely recommend this hotel for a recover from flight. Kitchen was a bit useless for us but overall everything is just great.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Paul S, Manager at Oriental Residence Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2013

Dear iSerge,

Thank you very much for kind comments. We will be delighted to have you again on your next trip and we are always here to help you recover from jetlag or a reason to get jetlag!

Reviewed 10 February 2013

This was my second favorite hotel in Bangkok and lagged slightly behind the Hansar hotel for only two reasons: Location and breakfast.

While the location is not bad (it is about 1km away from the BTS) taxi drivers and motorcry? (scooter taxis) don't seem to know the street even when I handed them the thai directions given by the hotel.

Breakfast served its purpose but was not nearly as memorable as my other stays

Rooms were bright, clean, and comfortable. While I tend to prefer more modern aesthetic, this hotel was done well for its style.

Staff was very friendly and helpful

The pool was by far the best of the three hotels I stayed at. Great outdoor space with very comfortable loungers.

FWI- this place caters to a more sophisticated crowd with a slightly stricter dress code. While traveling I tend to bring comfortable clothes and running shoes as I will be spending the majority of the day walking around the city. While at the Oriental I felt a little underdressed walking through the lobby wearing sneaker and a t-shrit.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
Paul S, Manager at Oriental Residence Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2013

Dear Anthony Q,

Thank you very much for your generous compliments. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and will share your comments with the team. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip!

Reviewed 7 February 2013

This hotel was simply wonderful. The staff was excellent and very friendly, the room itself was HUGE and beautifully appointed. It felt like home immediately. The room was immaculate and everything was very new. The hardwood floor was beautiful, the shower was amazing, and the walk in closet was a nice bonus. My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay and will stay here again in the future. Great price for what you get as well, stay here while it's still reasonably priced.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Paul S, Manager at Oriental Residence Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2013

Dear Jomikewa,

It is a true pleasure to hear your thoughts about your recent visit. I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed your accommodations and I am delighted to hear your feedback about our staff. I will be sure to share your comments with my team. We look forward to welcoming you and your husband back very soon.

Reviewed 6 February 2013

all i can say is WOW...best hotel ever...the service team is amazing, great manager, everything was perfect...i was soo impressed i would recommend this hotel to anyone...i was there from jan 3-6..i couldn't believe the service from the min i step out to the min i left...the team was super friendly, helpful, caring, and it wasn't that fake caring ...they took their jobs seriously...thank you thank you thank you for making my first time being in bangkok amazing i will be back to stay at this hotel...everyone please stay at this hotel amazing

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo

Dear Kareem R,

Thank you for taking the time to share your kind thoughts. It pleases me greatly to hear that you had such a great experience with us. See you on your next trip to Bangkok!

Reviewed 5 February 2013

I stayed in this hotel for 3 nights during Christmas holiday 2012 and here are my impressions:

Pros:
- Nice, clean room with good views. My unit was a corner one overlooking the gardens of US and Dutch Embassies

Cons:
- It is a hassle everytime I used taxi to go to the hotel; most of the drivers don’t know where Wireless Road is. Later I found out that it’s better to say the Thai name of that road, Thanom Witthayu.
- When I first entered my room, the temperature was really hot. It was like 35 degrees celcius (95 degrees Fahrenheit), despite the fact that aircon had been turned on. I called the front desk and they said they would send the engineer. The engineer came after more than one hour later.
- After the engineer fixed my aircon, I found out that it started making noise after being turned on for a few hours. The noise was not loud and after a while your ear got used to it, but for a 5-star hotel, it should not happen.
- The staffs are polite and smiling, but clearly overwhelmed with the number of guests during peak season and thus provided lower quality service. First example, I ordered room service by phone. The person taking my order said that it would take a while since they were very busy. I asked how long and they said around 30-40 minutes. I said fine. After one hour, my order was still not being delivered, so I called them again. I was so surprised when they said there was no order from my room. I complained to the front desk manager. After 10 minutes or so, she called and said that the room service person delivered my food to the wrong room. No apology was offered, only said that they were now delivering it to my room. For some reason, that night I had a bad stomach ache. I didn’t know what caused it, but suspected that it was the peanut sauce of my room service order as I didn’t eat anything else other than the room service order that afternoon. Second example. It takes more than one hour to deliver my luggage (just 1 piece) when I checked-in. Third example. One day before I checked-out, I ask the front desk lady to book me a MPV taxi to the airport. I specifically told her to call me at my room once the booking was done. Why I requested this? It was because I wanted to make sure that there was no mistake on my day of departure. I bought lots of stuffs in Bangkok and thus could not use regular taxi. I waited for about an hour, no phone call from front desk. Then I called them and the lady, without feeling any guilty, told me that yes, it had been booked.

If you don’t stay here during peak season and don’t need that much help from the staffs AND happen to get the unit with good aircon, this is an ok 5-star hotel. Otherwise, stay somewhere else in Bangkok.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
6  Thank joanna07
Paul S, Manager at Oriental Residence Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2013

Dear joanna07,

Allow me to extend my sincere apologies for the discrepancies you experienced during your stay. We strive to always deliver the highest level of services but we recognize that in this instance we did not succeed in making your stay flawless. Your feedback is vital in our strive to continuously improve the guest experience here at the Oriental Residence Bangkok.

I understand that you have many choices of hotels in Bangkok and I hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back to allow you to experience the luxurious treatment that you deserve upon your next visit.