SO Sofitel Bangkok
US$78
US$62
US$65
4,816 results
All reviewslumpini parkclub signaturepark societyred oven restaurantearth elementrooftop barwater elementwood elementpool partyearth roomchristian lacroixpark viewwater roomwood roomwater themestaff uniformswelcome drink
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I have spent another great stay at Sofitel SO in Bangkok. There are many good hotels in Bangkok, but the amazing people that work at Sofitel SO make a big difference. Your visit to Bangkok will be made as pleasent and enjoyable as possible. Many thanks to Paul, Geo and Ben for making me feel at home and local as always.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
Torsten R, General Manager at SO Sofitel Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear AndrewYim,

SO-Wasdee ka from SO Sofitel Bangkok!

Thank you so much for your kind review. I cannot be happier to hear that you had yet another pleasant stay with us and will be sure to share your praises with SO Paul, SO Geo and SO Ben.

All of our ambassadors at SO are passionate about providing excellence in our service and making all our guests feel right at home. I am happy to hear that we were able to achieve that.

We can’t wait for you to come back again soon!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The check-in process is unconventional, I can see what the hotel is trying to do - break down barriers between guests and staff but, the process takes far too long.

We arrived during Songkran getting into full swing, Thursday 12 April. The entire check-in process took about 45 mins. We booked a studio room which comes with its own perks such as, check-in on club level. On arrival however, this wasn’t picked up on by the front desk on the ground floor so, we were brought up to the 9th floor to check in what turned out to be quite a noisy reception area. After being asked a few questions such as what type of room I’d want it became apparent the, very polite and courteous host checking us in, hadn’t done his homework as I had already had this discussion with the hotel prior to arrival. When it was pointed out we booked a studio room we were then escorted to club level to check-in there. I’d recommend going to club level to check-in if you’ve booked a room with club access as it will allow you to refresh and maybe have a small meal after a long flight/travel to the hotel.

The concept of the room we booked was stunning, it was very modern with great amenities and the view of the city was superb. And each time you walk in there is a very pleasant aroma of lemongrass.

However, for a 5 star hotel there were a few things in the room that were not of 5 star standard; the stains on the wall, possibly coffee, the wall paper which hadn’t been applied properly in some areas and the scratches on the leather headboard of the bed.

Now the bit that really was the worst part of the hotel - the main restaurant of the hotel, The Red Oven, where breakfast is served and various other buffet offerings during the day.

The breakfast offering was good. Not 5 star great or exceptional. The fresh orange juice is delicious though you will have to keep asking for it as its not available to pour your own glass or advertised so you won’t know about it unless you ask for it. And even when you do ask for it, if there is more than 1 of you, you will only receive 1 glass and will have to ask for more - even if you asked for a glass each in our case for the 2 of us. The fruit selection is limited, there are these fruit cocktail with dragon fruit pieces (I look forward to eating fresh dragon fruit on my travels around Asia); I asked for the fruit on its own - it was turned down, no can do. Usually in a classy 5 star hotel when a guest asks for something, if available it’s delivered, if its not available at the time the hotel would try to arrange for it maybe the next day even. Then there is the tea/coffee cups without spoons to stir with - on every occasion, you have to ask for it - I really don’t understand that.

We tried the international buffet on one evening, and it was some of the worst food in a 5 star hotel we had tried. I provided feedback to the staff as it really warranted feedback. We were offered 20% off our bill which we accepted however, my preference would have been to eat good tasting food without any discount. To the hotels credit and also the head chefs, the next morning he came to speak to us about what was not right with the buffet and was very accepting of the criticism. He waived the entire bill and offered us a courtesy table at that days lunch buffet which was to be a meat buffet he was very complimentary about, unfortunately we didn’t take him up on the offer as it was our last day in Bangkok and we had plans. We were grateful of the offer and the fact our feedback had been taken onboard.

Lastly, other than some of the staff at the Red Oven, on the whole all other staff at the hotel were extremely courteous.

On the whole its a good hotel, just some elements of the room and the main restaurant let it down.

Stayed: April 2018
1  Thank LondonTravel_tripper
Torsten R, General Manager at SO Sofitel Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Khun LondonTravel_tripper

Thank you very much for taking the time to share with us your feedback.

All the points you raised have been carefully noted and shared with concerned department, including our General Manager, Mr. Torsten.
Please kindly accept our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience and frustration you had experienced.

We can see that there're several touch points where communication and service could have been delivered smoother, which I am very sorry for that;
- The check-in: although you're entitled to the Club Signature access and its benefits as a suite booker, the check-in process could have been completed once you were seated at the reception desk on the 9th floor without having to escort you to the Club Signature and begin it all over again. Our Front Office Manager has been addressed this matter to and she has already discussed with the team to prevent recurrence.
- Breakfast at the Red Oven: Sincerest apologies that the OJ was not served to all at the same time, this was addressed to the restaurant manager already. However, I would like to reassure to you that at SO Sofitel Bangkok, our guests' wishes are priority, that's why when you requested for the dragon fruit and our hostess found that we ran out, she promptly offered the energy smoothie, in which fresh dragon fruit was the main ingredient and I believe 2 glasses were gladly taken.
Having said that, since the period of your stay fell onto the Thai New Year long holidays, no food supplier was open and other local fruits were planned to be rotated in serving.
- Our Executive Chef has shared your feedback regarding the buffet dinner to us already. He will work tirelessly to ensure the improvement on this regards.

All in all, we sincerely apologize once again for the hit & miss here & there as I understand "little things count".

Nevertheless, I am pleased to hear that apart from the experience that went below your expectation at the Red Oven, other team members were nothing short of attentive and extremely courteous.

While I realize there's nothing we can do to change the past, it is very important for us to restore your trust and confident, and we therefore, we truly hope you would allow us to welcome you back and better serve you with a more typical and usual high standards that we are known for.
Khun LondonTravel_tripper, please allow us to get in touch with you directly so that we can discuss further as your feedback is highly valued. If you don't mind drop me an email via Akira.Yanubolpetit@sofitel.com and I will shortly get back to you.

Thank you very much for your time and constructive feedback.

Akira Petit
Director of Guest Expeirence

Reviewed 18 April 2018

Stayed in this hotel for 3 nights and if was perfect. from the check in to check out never been so happy with a hotel.

Check in: bellboy comes to your cap and get the luggage for you, you will be directed to the fron desk (another floor) you will be seated and a lady from the reception will sit next to you and explain everything. in the meantime a server will bring you to fresh drinks (non alcoholic) which you need to mix by yourself - so nice.

Room: we had the water themed room with a city view, guess it was 22nd floor or so. incredible view over the park and the skyline of bangkok. Hughe bathroom with bathtub and walk in shower. Roomservice can be done on the TV directly. King size bed facing the skyline view. very quite and also clean.

Breakfast: in all our vacations and hoteltrips we are comparing the breakfast with the sosofitel breakfast and till now no other hotel has reached the standard of sosofitel bangkok. perfect espresso (important for us) cold and warm buffet, show kitchen, ice cream stand, fresh juice stand and so on, during our stay we were always most excited to have breakfast there, you never will get bored of what you eat cause you have so much choices.

only minus is the expensive buffet in the evening it´s too expensive, never tried it but I guess it´s as good as the rest is
Friendly and always smiling stuff everywhere.

Rooftop bar: Best view over the skyline of Bangkok and the park directly in fron of it. It seems very safe during the day.

Metro station: Lumpini park station is reachable within 5 walking minutes and brings you downtown, the price is about 1.5 EUR per ride, so very convinient.

We are thinking of coming back a 3rd time to Bangkok just to stay in this Hotel !!!

Cheers, Vanish

Stayed: November 2017
Torsten R, General Manager at SO Sofitel Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Dear Vanish S,

SO-Wasdee ka from SO Sofitel Bangkok!

Thank you so much for your review. I am so happy to read that we are the best hotel in Bangkok and that we have made your stay here memorable.

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the stunning Lumpini Park view from your room and our breakfast selections at Red Oven Restaurant as well as evening cocktails over sunset at our HI-SO Roof top bar.

I am delighted that our location had provided utmost convenience for you and on top of that, the in-room Apple Mac Mini!

For your next stay, I would like to recommend our SoSPA for something more special. I’m sure you will thoroughly enjoy our signature massages that will leave you melting!

Thank you for choosing SO. We look forward to seeing you back here real soon.

Reviewed 17 April 2018

I had the pleasure of staying in So Sofitel a few weeks ago. After my long flight, a few days relaxing and sightseeing in Bangkok seemed a good plan before heading onwards to other parts of Thailand. I am so glad that I chose the So Sofitel. The bed-rooms and the public areas are so beautifully designed and top marks to the management for delivering such a great, immaculately clean, product. But certainly it was the quality of the staff in all areas of the hotel, which made such a striking impression. They really deliver a friendly but always professional service to guests. In particular I would like to mention the staff in the Executive Lounge for their great service to all the guests. Mr Ben in particular should be commended for his ability to put guests at their ease and give such warm attentive service. I have stayed in many Bangkok hotels but So Sofitel is the one I would rate as the best 5 star product.

Stayed: February 2018
Torsten R, General Manager at SO Sofitel Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2018

Dear Paul W,

SO-Wasdee ka from SO Sofitel Bangkok!

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed our room design and Club Signature as well as the excellent service by our SO Ambassadors.

I am so happy to hear that our SO Ambassadors did an exceptional job taking care of you. We are extremely passionate about delivering excellent service to all of our guests. I will be sure to share all your sweet complements to our SO Ambassadors, especially SO Ben.

Thank you so much for choosing SO and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 16 April 2018

Had the pleasure of staying at SO Sofitel Bangkok for a few days and absolutely loved it.

It's hard to choose what was the best part of the experience: was that the absolutely amazing staff, always attentive, always understanding, or was that the stunning view, or the super cool room?

Talking of rooms, I had a chance to stay in Water and Wood rooms, both were great. The water room has absolutely amazing shower and huge tub, but the one I stayed in was a bit banged up, hope they can keep up w/ maintenance a bit better. The wood room was just supper relaxing and overall felt much newer than the water room.

The location is pretty quiet yet still convenient. MRT station is 3 minutes away and Chao Praya river is a quick taxi ride away, so you can hop onto a boat and go sightseeing easily.

Definitely going back to SO Sofitel when the right occasion arrives, loved my stay there.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Torsten R, General Manager at SO Sofitel Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2018

Dear Aram A,

SO-Wasdee ka from SO Sofitel Bangkok!

Thank you so much for your review. It made our day to hear that you had an amazing time here with us! I am so happy to hear that you had a great stay and were so impressed by our SO Ambassadors.

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your time here in Bangkok and on top of that, the stunning Lumpini Park view from our hotel.

I am glad you enjoyed our Water and Wood Element Rooms. For your future stay, I would like to recommend you to try out our Metal Element room, which has a modern and pure vibe that I am sure you will love! Or the other choice is Earth element, where a deep blue color with curvy shape has formed its style uniquely and it is the most adventurous theme of all.

We look forward to having the opportunity to have you back again soon and hope that you will get the chance to stay longer!