“Covers the basics - read for the good places nearby though”
Review of Skyy Hotel

Skyy Hotel
Ranked #583 of 891 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 2 February 2016

The hotel was not what I would expect. The towels in our room were practically grey and worn out because of age. When we asked, they were changed to a slightly newer and less smelly version - but still far from acceptable. The first day, we did not have our room cleaned and were told that we had a 'do not disturb' sign on - though we didn't. The room cleaning service was not available in the evening. We had a sink leaking in the bathroom, the shower was not convenient as the water was splashing out, and our window was facing a wall.

This being said, the hotel staff were generally nice and helped us with our questions.The lobby area is nice though small, and wifi connection is okay throughout the hotel.

I would not recommend staying here, but if you did make sure to check out Doilanka coffeeshop closer to the main road, the Italian restaurant with a yellow roof nearby on the opposite side (can't remember the name), and the massage salon just before the Italian restaurant when you go from the hotel. Also on the opposite side there is a small food market on the work days - excellent local food and extremely cheap (about 40-50 thb for one dish), mainly serves the hospital workers.

Room Tip: Ask where the rooms are facing - some face the wall
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Darya B

Reviewed 20 January 2016

I have been there many times. I love that hotel, but this time I dont really this hotel service because the manager is not good. I booked 2 nights via the website and the next day I extended via at the counter. The manager (Homie) was helping with the payment. I told Homie that I might check out early due to my fly schedule, and she said yes to refund back the money if i leave early, but i need to tell the night shift people. I told the night shift guy, and then he told me he knew nothing about returning back my money.
Next day, I checked out early in the morning and asked for the refund back, but I got nothing. I was in hurry to caught up with my fly, so I had been told to transfer money via the bank.
I gave my number to the receptionist to tell Homie to call me while I was on the way to the airport, but I didnt receive any phone call from them.
I am very disappointed with their service. I wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone.
Please have a look the near by hotel, it is pretty cheap.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 January 2016

I have stayed at this hotel on many occasions and I have to say the staff are excellent. friendly and helpful. The rooms are consistently good standard. This is real value for money. I will continue to stay at this hotel. I leave bags there when I travel away from Bangkok for days at a time and the staff are always obliging in this regard. Great location too. Always a pleasure to stay here.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 December 2015 via mobile

We only spend one night as we needed a nights rest after the flight from Sydney and our planned hotel was fully booked.
The staff were friendly and very helpful. The room was clean and comfortable. We ordered room service breakfast 250Baht ea, pricey but tastey.
Overall enjoyable and would recommend.

Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 November 2015

Just checked in to the hotel, was after a room with a double bed.(i'm a big guy and find single beds claustrophobic) i have a long discussion with both the receptionist, and the supervisor about this.

My request was that i was going to be moved to a room with a double bed when a room was available.

The supervisor informed me that the hotel only have single bed in all superior room. i told him that i thought that was wired, but then accept that if this was the case. i also ask him if he was honest to me, he insured me he was.

I then went on Skyy Hotels online booking system where you could see they had both type of beds in the superior room.

In this aguement with the staff, they was laughing at me and insinuated that i was stupid.

Cleanliness of the room:
The room wasn't clean, there was stains on the tilled floor, and marks on the wall where other guest had mist the bin.

The bath room have old black dirt on all the silicone joints, and it didn't look like the floor have had a dissent wash for some time.

The hotel clams to be a 4 Star hotel. but i think it's closer to 3 Star. it's not a bad hotel, but i was expecting more.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple