“Beyond Abysmal And Rude Staff”
Review of Skyy Hotel

Skyy Hotel
Ranked #562 of 896 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 2 June 2016 via mobile

Like the person from the previous review, I booked for an executive room and was given a tiny room that did not match the photos on the site. It was also infested with flies.

I complained to the staff - who kept trying to tell me that I was in the right room and kept telling me that both myself and the website were wrong.

Eventually, after maybe two hours of arguing (the reception were also simultaneously dealing with a similar complaint from an Arab lady) they eventually moved me to the executive room - a badly decorated windowless room in a separate building about 50 metres away.

Apart from the broken air conditioning unit which sounded like a motorbike, yet provided very little in the way of actual air conditioning, the bathroom had no toilet paper and after a call to reception in the other building, I was told that I would have to come and collect it myself.

Like the previous reviewer, the shower was not only cold, but was placed at shoulder height, meaning that I had to stoop to get clean.

Due to the noisy air conditioning, I eventually managed to drift off to sleep at around 5am - about five hours after getting into bed. At 8:30am I was awoken by a knock on the door, followed by the male house keepers brazenly walking in and telling me that he needed to clean the room. After telling him that I was sleeping, he left, but proceeded to knock on my door every 30 minutes or so to ask when he could clean. Apparently I was disrupting his schedule.

I had originally been told that I could check out at 2pm - which I did, only to be kept waiting for nearly an hour whilst the staff dealt with other people who had arrived after me. I was then duly informed that I would have to pay a 1450 baht late check-out penalty as it was now nearly 3pm.

When I queried this, and mentioned my other issues, the manager told me that I had no right to complain as they had already upgraded me to an executive room (ie, the room that I had actually paid for in the first place). After I noticed that I was surrounded by three of his lackeys, the swearing manager then threatened me and I was forced to pay the late checkout fee before they let me leave.

DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL! There are many others on the same road, and all the ones I've stayed in offer excellent service and friendly staff. YOU HAVE ALL BEEN WARNED!

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank James C

Reviewed 20 May 2016 via mobile

We selected Skyy because I had a appointmtent at Bumrungrad hospital. We booked and paid for a Executive room. The night reception put us in a Deluxe room, which was smaller. I showed I paid for the larger room. The receptionist then acted as if she forgot how to speak English and started speaking Thai. When she realize my Chinese looking wife was actually Thai, her English remarkably came back, only to tell us to wait for the manager in the morning. We talked to the manager who said we were already in the right room. I explain it was not and she asked "How do you know the different between a Executive and Deluxe room?" So I showed her on the hotel own web site. Once it was clear we were not given the room we paid for she still would not move us. She said the room we were in is NOW a Executive because of the view and balcony. This was the first time in over a 100 visits to Thailand I felt a hotel ran a scam on me. And had the most unfriendly reception staff.
The DELUXE room it self was worn but look the same as on the hotel web page. But the water in the shower was cold all 3 days of our stay and the TV signal went out every 10 minutes.
The next time I have a hospital appointment we will be staying at one of the other 30 hotels with in walking distance to the hospital.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank WR787
Reviewed 13 May 2016

we Had to stay skyy hotel as we did nto get booking in FuramaXclusive for last 3 days of our trip.We booked two rooms and they provided us a connecting room. the main bedroom was a bit spacious and there was a corridor, but the connecting room was too small. There was a balcony in the main bedroom. We had to stay as there was no adjecent rooms available in the same floor. The hotel is near Bumrungrad Hospital and in a quite place. Phloenchit BTS is near. Rooms are clean, people are helpful. breakfast was very basic (what more you expect the price u paid). The room rate is cheaper. If you do cost benefit, then its a nice hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms at high floors. they have another building, rooms there is also nice. you may check those out.
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 April 2016

This was a one night stay as I was meeting up with friends for a night out after arriving in Thailand before heading up to Chiang Mai . We had stayed here before for a similar reason about 18 months previously. One of the good things about the hotel is that it has a check in time of 12pm rather than the more common 2pm of most hotels. I was checking in a little early and everything was going well until they realised my booking was for only one night. This is when they tried to move me to their nearby sister hotel, they even tried to sweeten the deal by saying they were giving me a free upgrade. I explained I was not happy with this as I was meeting friends who had booked this hotel. ( I had spent the previous night in the next door hotel which had a pool). I stood my ground, and as I had already paid for the hotel I said I was not being moved. The attitude of the receptionist changed at this point, becoming more belligerent. I was told I could have my room but not until 2pm. I said this was fine and would just wait in reception. They over heard me tell a few other guests of my plight and I had my room only 15 minutes later! Two friend arrived who had booked a twin room, only to be told that the hotel didn't cater for twin rooms and that they would be moved to the sister hotel. After much wrangling, my friends were given the twin room they had booked and paid for. Another friend arrived who had booked a similar room to myself and he had no problems at all. He was however, the only one who had not paid in advance. Coincidence or not?
After my little rant I have to be fair and say the hotel is reasonably priced. The room was modern and clean with good quality toiletries provided and a very comfortable bed. It is just off Sukhumvit , not far from a BTS station. I would stay again but would want to avoid the theatrics when checking in!
Must give a mention of thanks to the hotel porter who returned my mobile phone to me. I was hung over when checking out and would have left it behind if not for the porter.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank sbj03
Reviewed 25 April 2016

This isn't the standard of hotel that we would normally stay at, but following an accident my husband was in Bumrungrad hospital and this hotel was booked for me by my insurance company. The good points: the staff were friendly, the room was pleasant and clean, the security was good, the wifi was good. I had a nice balcony. The 'not quite so good': there was no outside lounging area or pool, the small dining room had 3 large tv screens and there was also background music which was always the same music!! I ate at the hotel 3 times, 2 meals were good, 1 was terrible. This is probably a decent hotel if you wanted a good value hotel very close to the Bumrungrad but otherwise there are better locations in Bangkok.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled solo