Free cancellation until 28/07
US$118
US$126
US$114
  • Pool
Novotel Bangkok Platinum Pratunam(Bangkok)
US$108
US$97
US$127
US$90
US$609
US$385
Official Site
All reviewsbumrungrad hospitalbuilding oppositecarry our bagsdidn t workkey cardbooked nightsminutes walkingpriced hotelnight lifewater pressurebts stationshopping mallcentral worldbalconytrainarabsukhumvit
Reviewed 28 June 2016 via mobile

I was meeting some friends here but arrived 2 nights prior to our booking and they only had a higher class of room available. They were kind enough to upgrade me to stay in that same room on both legs.

Modern clean bedrooms excellent AC, comfy beds and black out curtains with a very high level of service. Excellent hotel all round.

Stayed: June 2016
Reviewed 8 June 2016

OK value for money. No hot water in the shower and the room didn't smell to great. Staff were not particularly helpful. Wifi wouldn't connect.
Good points was that it was close to hospital and sky train

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank bxcwxc
Reviewed 7 June 2016 via mobile

We put in our reservation to check in early as we had travelled on overnight sleeper from Koh Phangan and would be arriving at hotel much earlier than normal check in time. When we got there the reception team could not be MORE unhelpful. Said our room WAS ready but we weren't allowed it unless we paid 600 THB. We were not paying more than we have done when it has been totally fine in other hotels. When we asked for a manager we were told they aren't in. Then we were told to wait till the afternoon to speak to manager. This is totally unacceptable that we have already paid, been told our room was ready but not allowed it. After 13 hour journey having the reception team laughing and speaking in Thai being unhelpful is such poor service from a 4* hotel.
Cancelled our reservation after this shocking service.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
4  Thank Karis R
Reviewed 2 June 2016 via mobile

Like the person from the previous review, I booked for an executive room and was given a tiny room that did not match the photos on the site. It was also infested with flies.

I complained to the staff - who kept trying to tell me that I was in the right room and kept telling me that both myself and the website were wrong.

Eventually, after maybe two hours of arguing (the reception were also simultaneously dealing with a similar complaint from an Arab lady) they eventually moved me to the executive room - a badly decorated windowless room in a separate building about 50 metres away.

Apart from the broken air conditioning unit which sounded like a motorbike, yet provided very little in the way of actual air conditioning, the bathroom had no toilet paper and after a call to reception in the other building, I was told that I would have to come and collect it myself.

Like the previous reviewer, the shower was not only cold, but was placed at shoulder height, meaning that I had to stoop to get clean.

Due to the noisy air conditioning, I eventually managed to drift off to sleep at around 5am - about five hours after getting into bed. At 8:30am I was awoken by a knock on the door, followed by the male house keepers brazenly walking in and telling me that he needed to clean the room. After telling him that I was sleeping, he left, but proceeded to knock on my door every 30 minutes or so to ask when he could clean. Apparently I was disrupting his schedule.

I had originally been told that I could check out at 2pm - which I did, only to be kept waiting for nearly an hour whilst the staff dealt with other people who had arrived after me. I was then duly informed that I would have to pay a 1450 baht late check-out penalty as it was now nearly 3pm.

When I queried this, and mentioned my other issues, the manager told me that I had no right to complain as they had already upgraded me to an executive room (ie, the room that I had actually paid for in the first place). After I noticed that I was surrounded by three of his lackeys, the swearing manager then threatened me and I was forced to pay the late checkout fee before they let me leave.

DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL! There are many others on the same road, and all the ones I've stayed in offer excellent service and friendly staff. YOU HAVE ALL BEEN WARNED!

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank James C
Reviewed 20 May 2016 via mobile

We selected Skyy because I had a appointmtent at Bumrungrad hospital. We booked and paid for a Executive room. The night reception put us in a Deluxe room, which was smaller. I showed I paid for the larger room. The receptionist then acted as if she forgot how to speak English and started speaking Thai. When she realize my Chinese looking wife was actually Thai, her English remarkably came back, only to tell us to wait for the manager in the morning. We talked to the manager who said we were already in the right room. I explain it was not and she asked "How do you know the different between a Executive and Deluxe room?" So I showed her on the hotel own web site. Once it was clear we were not given the room we paid for she still would not move us. She said the room we were in is NOW a Executive because of the view and balcony. This was the first time in over a 100 visits to Thailand I felt a hotel ran a scam on me. And had the most unfriendly reception staff.
The DELUXE room it self was worn but look the same as on the hotel web page. But the water in the shower was cold all 3 days of our stay and the TV signal went out every 10 minutes.
The next time I have a hospital appointment we will be staying at one of the other 30 hotels with in walking distance to the hospital.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple