“Perfect for a short stay/stopover”

FX Hotel Metrolink Makkasan
Ranked #226 of 896 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 13 February 2017

While not located in a particularly interesting or scenic neighbourhood, FX Hotel Metrolink Makkasan scores points for its proximity to Makkasan station (airport train), and being even closer to Phetchaburi MRT station - perfect for a stopover in Bangkok.
I intended to stay one night in early January 2017, but due to a flight cancellation, I spent an extra night... and got to test two different rooms. Reception staff facilitated this sudden change in plan with ease, and also allowed interim baggage storage. They spoke English well.
Both rooms were modern and clean, featuring air con, TV, kettle and bar fridge. I asked for a quiet room that did not face the busy road - which I was granted in exchange for a view on a concrete wall. On the upside I didn't need ear plugs and both rooms had windows/natural light.
The breakfast buffet was generous, but restaurant staff were inattentive and slow, and had to be asked to refill coffee etc.
While the rooftop 'pool' was negligible (i.e. a puddle), the gym with a few cardio machines and weights looked ok, and I did regret leaving my active wear at home.
There's not much nearby, but it's only one train stop (or a 20-minute walk) to Sukhumvit station (MRT), and about a 5-minute walk to Asoke/Petchaburi Pier. There's also a 7-Eleven on Phetchaburi Rd, about 600 metres from the hotel.
Overall, I found the hotel comfortable and convenient, and decent value for money.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo
Management response:Responded 17 February 2017

Dear Upsalala,

Greeting from FX Hotel Metrolink Makkasan.

Thank you for sparing your valuable time ti write and share feedback following your recent stay at FX Hotel Metrolink Makkasan. Please accept our sincere apology on the inconvenient for you case. We have taken the step to rectify and remind the staff for this the problem.

On your next visit to Bangkok,we still hope to get chance to welcoming you back to our hotel.

The Management Teams
FX Hotel Metrolink Makkasan

Reviewed 11 February 2017 via mobile

30 minutes from the airport on the sky train, with direct access to the Bangkok MTS, you pretty much can get anywhere in the city relatively easily. Rooms are clean, staff is friendly, great value for dollar. Ideal for first time visitors to Bangkok.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 February 2017

I stayed here for 3 nights and whilst I did not find the hotel had a 'wow' factor it most certain got everything right in terms of cleanliness, service and food. The location is good for exploring the city, and quick to get to from the airport (handy as my flight was coming in at night). To fully benefit from its location, you need to learn to use the canal boats - they are 13 Baht to Leelard from where you can walk to Khao San Road, the river and most of the main temples. The MRT can deliver you to most other places.

The breakfast had few choices, covering Western and Asian tastes, but what they did do was always nice.

I always found the staff very friendly, and one thing that impressed me - they looked after my suitcase after I left for a few days while I visited Hua Hin - not all hotels will do that for free.

The bed was comfortable and big. I was lucky and got a room overlooking the main road - watching the rush hour traffic was strangely relaxing! However the road noises could be heard in the room, so if you are a light sleeper that may not suit.

The room was fairly basic and was more suitable for those who, like me, just grab stuff out of their suitcases, because there is very limited drawers and storage.

Overall I was really impressed with this place.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo
Management response:Responded 10 February 2017

Dear J0nathanK,

Greeting from FX Hotel Metrolink Makkasan.

I would like to thank you for taking the time to complete your comments via TripAdvisor following your recent visit at FX Hotel Metrolink Makkasan.

I was pleased to read that you had an enjoyable stay in our hotel. It is encouraging as our guest’s satisfaction is our first concern.

Your feedback is extremely valuable to us as it helps us improve the quality of our product and service to better meet your needs.

I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you again soon in FX Hotel Metrolink Makkasan.

The Management teams

Reviewed 9 February 2017 via mobile

Right next door to the metro. Clean tidy spacious rooms. Staff were very friendly. Breakfast was ok - and that was suitable for me. Had good scrambled egg and fresh plumb tomatoes. Decent coffee too which was a nice change after the 'coffee' in Vietnam!!

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 10 February 2017

Dear PeterbD456WO,

Warm greeting from FX Hotel Metrolink Makkasan.

Thank you very much for your feedback following your recent stay FX Hotel Metrolink Makkasan.
We are very happy to hear that you will return here again when travel to Bangkok.
We thank you very much for your patronage and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again soon.

The Management teams.

Reviewed 8 February 2017

This was my first time at the FX Metrolink and I chose it mainly due to it's location. Next door to the MRT Petchaburi and the A-Link station Makkasan. I stayed on three seperate occasions of three days duration and as an airport transit hotel (A-Link train takes 20 minutes and B35) it is very adequate. Please note that although the hotel is next to the A-Link station it is a long walk with suitcases to and from the hotel. Elderly or infirm should be aware.
I found all the staff to be friendly, efficient and informative with good English. The rooms are small but were clean and pleasant, I think adequate for one person but not two, not enough room for personal belongings especially clothes. Again for a transit hotel this is no surprise. The TV had lots of channels but only a few in English, no BBC World or ABC or FOX or CNN, but lots of Chinese and Indian which does seem to be a trend in Thailand these days.
Breakfast buffet is served in a pleasant room and was good but lacked options for the western pallet, with toast, scrambled eggs (not to order), ham, chicken sausage. One day there were baked beans another fried potatoes along with juice, yoghurt, fruit and coffee as well as some asian cuisine. I think more variety would be nice and staff were reluctant to refresh the buffet especially in the last 30 minutes of the breakfast period.
I think the FX Metrolink Makkasan forfills a purpose but not as a long term (1-2 weeks) option, I have no major complaints concerning my stay but for the price I think there are other options. It's a decent place to stay but I would only recommend this hotel for short stays.

Room Tip: Better views if you have a room facing the Asoke-Din Daeng Road.