This hotel is a bit of a mess. The location is OK and the hotel itself where it has been renovated is fine.
The club floor rooms are pleasant with their brown and green decor but they are small and the air conditioning isn't that good. They will be missing things as well, such as tea cups or spoons or even pillows.
The club lounge is pleasant but there are only 2 computers available so you can wait for hours for one to become available.
The buffet dining room is a total disaster by 7 at night the food is cold and the buffet looks like a bomb site. In fact I am not sure how safe it would be to eat the food off the buffet as half the candles that are meant to heat the food are burnt out. In the morning at breakfast it is even worse as it is like a snatch and grab sale. Who ever is the toughest wins.
If you need anything do not ask a staff member best to contact the general manager or department head as it is about the only way to get a response. The culture of the staff is that they do not want to deal with the guests. I heard a duty manager say that the guests were pigs and that sort of sums up the attitude of the hotel
I have given it two chances by staying there twice I wouldn't never stay there again. In fact this hotel is a joke among the industry
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Check in today at the Holiday Inn Bangkok Silom where comfort and convenience come first. Located on Silom Road near Sathorn area, the heart of one of Bangkok's prime commercial complete with shopping and entertainment locations, restaurants, embassies, commercial buildings and two of Bangkok's leading hospitals, BNH and Saint Louis, also next to the city's jewelry sector with easy access to Suvarnabhumi Airport, just a 45 minutes away. Enter the hotel via the chandelier-lit lobby and book into one of the hotel's 700 rooms, starting with the newly refurbished Deluxe category. Experience our Executive Club Room or Suite to enjoy magnificent city views from our 23rd floor Executive Lounge. All rooms offer high-quality furnishings with "free Wi-Fi access" while hotel facilities include 20-meter pool, tennis court, health club, a complimentary Tuk Tuk shuttle service to skytrain and a handful of dining options. Enjoy the countless other city attractions via "Surasak skytrain" just a 7-minute walk away. Surrounded by shopping and entertainment options: Asiatique at the riverside, Jim Thompson Museum, Siam Paragon, MBK and Central World. Alternatively, take a boat to nearby tourist spots such as the Temple of Dawn, floating market, flower market, Grand Palace and Royal Barge Museum. Holiday Inn Bangkok Silom offers an exhilarating range of activities for an eventful holiday, along with a full array of options for weddings and events. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Bangkok Silom reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Bangkok Silom Hotel Bangkok
- Bangkok Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Silom Bangkok