“Greats Holiday”

Royal Orchid Sheraton Hotel & Towers
Ranked #77 of 894 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 16 April 2012

Stayed for 2 nite during vacation! Check in was fast and I get room 2022 facing nice view!All day dining restaurant serving buffet dinner was greats!thank to the manager in charge for taking care of us! The only bad thing housekeeping room attendant call me, when I pass by asking my room number? When I said I stay at room 2022, she just quiet and never said anything, and I point out at her! Any problem. She said sorry!!! Maybe I look like thai people!!

• Stayed: April 2012
Vikram_Mujumdar, Manager at Royal Orchid Sheraton Hotel & Towers, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2012

Dear Weeli,

Thank you for your stay and review of our hotel. We are glad you enjoyed the hotel facilities including our Etc restaurant and that you found the manager to be helpful, I will certainly pass on your positive feedback to him. I apologize for any inconvenience regarding the interaction with our room attendant and will also follow up in this regards and look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.
Regards,
Vikram

Write a ReviewReviews (4,872)

Reviewed 14 April 2012

I love the location of this Sheraton: watching the river traffic from your room, or taking a river taxi from the pier alongside the hotel, are quintessential Bangkok experiences for me. It looks just a bit dated, and there are more luxe choices, but again: location location location. Why stay on crowded Sukhomvit when you can be riverside?

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Vikram_Mujumdar, Manager at Royal Orchid Sheraton Hotel & Towers, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2012

Dear ChinaFanNYC,

Thanks for your review and for staying with us. We look forward to welcoming you back to the river for the 6th time very soon!
Regards,
Vikram

Reviewed 11 April 2012

A lovely hotel in a very good location. A great bar with a great view on the ground floor. A gorgeous breakfast with an endless choice of food suitable for all. It is a very clean and comfortable hotel. Food is served all day. It is easy walking distance to streets where there are lovely foot massages on offer till late, so after shopping it great to rest the tired feet. Next to the hotel there are lots of little bars which serve food and drinks, better priced than the hotel and more lively. Would stay at this hotel again for sure.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the river offer a nice view.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Kulvir B
Reviewed 10 April 2012

The location was fabulous and we had a great view of the river from our room. The facilities were all very good and the bar on the river made interesting watching with so much activity - busy, busy river! Breakfast was very good. Bar snacks very tasty. The travel agent in the hotel was very helpful with planning sight seeing trips. All the staff were very professional and helpful. An excellent experience.

Room Tip: Get as high as you can for the best view.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Alison H
Reviewed 10 April 2012

I spent 3 nights at this hotel on my own. I was upgraded to a one bedroom suite that had large floor to ceiling windows in both the lounge and the bedroom. The bedding was heavenly and being able to watch the river traffic going by I never felt lonely. The breakfasts were excellent and you were spoiled for choice. I spent a leisurely hour reading and eating. It is a very spacious hotel that connects to a small shopping centre. The pool had a view over the river and the service was very good.I ate at the Thai restaurant in the hotel. The food was so good that I ate there 2 nights in a row. If in Bangkok again I would stay at this hotel again. Thanks to the staff and the quality of the hotel I will be back.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade it was worth it as the rooms were corner ones with excellent views.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo