Royal Orchid Sheraton Hotel & Towers
US$277
US$240
Official Site
5,071 results
All reviewsthe rivergarden poolshuttle boattowers loungethai restaurantswim up barthe club loungehotel boatriver view roomchao phrayafree boatour honeymoonskytrain stationhigh floorbreakfast buffeteasy accesswat arun
Reviewed 8 June 2012

We stayed one night at the Shreraton in early May. When we contracted the tour, that included one night in Bangkok, the lady form the travel agent recommended this hotel. I tried to "upgrade" and asked her for something a bit more fancy and she replied that of course she could book me wherever I wanted, but that I would be saving $200 with respect to the Peninsula and the likes, and the hotel was very similar. Without having seen the others, I can 100% recommend this hotel. Nice pool by the river and all rooms with river view. Very good breakfast and spacious rooms quipped with everything you would expect from a 5* hotel (albeit I think it has 4*). Staff very polite and helpful. Moreover, the hotel is very well located and next to the city centre and historical areas.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Alvaro212
Reviewed 7 June 2012

This was a lovely hoteI located right on the river which was a welcome change from where I normally stay.I had a room facing down the river so the view was gorgeous especially at night.
I booked an hour's long boat cruise up the river one morning which was most interesting, getting on and off the boat was another matter. There is no suitable walkway/jetty to comfortably and safely step onto the boat and back onto the jetty once the trip had ended. I actually stumbled whilst getting off as it was quite a big step getting off the boat, a fact which I brought to the staff member's attention.This experience would not be suitable for the elderly or for those of us with new hips!
Overall the room and this hotel were lovely.
I usually stay at the Pathumwan Princess Hotel next to MBK shopping centre. I will probably stay there again next time as I find I spend quite a bit of time at MBK-shopping!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Jane5432
Reviewed 6 June 2012

we stayed here at the end of our trip to thailand having being spoilt in 2 other luxury hotels in other parts of thailand which may explain why i wasn't wowed by this hotel. We stayed in a premier river view deluxe room, which is the same as there normal deluxe but on a higher floor. Having said that, there was nothing wrong with the accommodation,its a typical sheraton room you'd find in the uk or us.

It was fine for a stop over before a flight although i wouldn't recommend it for the start of a special occasion trip, however maybe the suits would be ok.

Its located on the river and the hotel provides a free shuttle to the sky train which is a few stops a way. You can also get the local ferry from a near by pier to some of the main attractions like the emerald palace and reclining Buddha temple. So it is well located.

The staff are fairly friendly and even gave us a floral gift and cake for our special occasion.

Room Tip: if booking for a special occasion maybe go for a suit and book any late check out in advance as can be more expensive when out there.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank servicefusspot
Reviewed 6 June 2012

We checked into the Royal Orchid Sheraton as the last little stop over before departing Thailand. At first I was a little dismayed - we were put into a twin room on our honeymoon! At check in we were assured that the two beds were both queen sized, so we assumed it would all be ok. Upon arrival to our room it was apparent that they were double beds (tiny for two of us to share comfortably!). It was a late night check in so we chose to stay put for the night, and the next day the staff could not be more helpful in correcting the mistake and transferring us to a king room (as well as providing complimentary fruit and flowers which we did not at all expect).

The location is very peaceful and is definitely removed from the hustle and bustle of Bangkok. The only problem was the whistles that the ferries used to dock at the jetties - it started quite early in the morning and was enough to wake me up at times.

The rooms are appointed much as one would expect of a hotel of this calibre. The lounging chair next to the windows were a nice touch and were a very relaxing place to sit while waiting the rain out.

The complimentary ferry service to the skytrain station was fantastic, a highlight of our stay. We wished that the Sheraton would offer a night cruise using the same boat as the 10 minute ferry ride was so enjoyable and always seemed to be over far too quickly.

The lobby bar was outstanding, we enjoyed a delicious cocktail most nights before setting out. The pool area was also nice, although we could not find anyone to order any snacks/drinks from while we were there.

All in all a very solid performance.

Room Tip: The rooms in the northern wing have amazing views up the river, well worth trying to secure one if possible.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank casio_geek
Reviewed 5 June 2012

For the past 7 years we have stayed in the tower suites of this wonderful peaceful hotel. We are always welcome with great joy, and have come to know some of the staff very well. the rooms are always well presented, ready on time, especially if arriving from Europe at 6.00 am. Food and hospitality are 5 star. I am looking forward to returning soon. Please stay and enjoy their wonderful hospitality.

Room Tip: Always book a Tower Room.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends