“An Ok...ish hotel, yet with decent value for money”

Royal Orchid Sheraton Hotel & Towers
Ranked #76 of 896 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 4 October 2017

After reading many reviews from tripadvisor.com , I was hesitant to book a room in Royal Orchid Sheraton at first. However, I am quite surprised with the service offered in its club lounge. The river view is somehow partially blocked by two construction sites though and its Spg recognition is above par.
Although the room and hotel ground are very dated and with minimum furnished; yet the first rate service in club lounge somehow makes up the rest.

Special thanks to Khun Oh and Khun Manee who have taken care of my stay professionally and warm-heartedly.

Last but not the least, in fact I wouldn't say it is a REAL 5 star hotel , having said that this sheraton branded hotel does offer excellent value for money especially for the SPG elite members. so I have just made another reservation coming next month and hopefully it can be a better experience.

12  Thank SunchaiBKK
GMRosh, General Manager at Royal Orchid Sheraton Hotel & Towers, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2017

Dear SunchaiBKK,
Many thanks for sharing such positive comments about the service you received here at Royal Orchid Sheraton. I’m certainly very proud of the Club Lounge team and I have shared your kind words with Khun Oh and Khun Manee. They do take such wonderful care of our guests. Thank you for your SPG loyalty and we all look forward to seeing you again next month.
Michael Schlueter

Write a ReviewReviews (4,880)

Reviewed 3 October 2017

My stay here was short but sweet. The hotel is in a great location. My room enjoyed a panoramic view of the Chao Praya however it lacked a thoughtful Thai aesthetic. Staff were professional and efficient. A comfortable stay overall.

Room Tip: Insist on a high room for nicer views
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
GMRosh, General Manager at Royal Orchid Sheraton Hotel & Towers, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2017

Dear Abre3873,
Our location on the banks of the Chao Phraya River certainly does allow us magnificent views and I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for a sharing such positive feedback and next time I hope you can stay a little longer.

Reviewed 3 October 2017

Very comfortable beds, big rooms and a big batthub. Loved it! Across from massage-places (try magic hands, the best!!!), street food and a 7-11. There's also a free shuttle that takes you nearby, close to a foodmarket. There's two pools, even though most people don't know about the 2nd one (the one with a poolbar). Friendly and helpfull staff.

1  Thank Talitha M

Dear Talitha M,
It is nice to hear that you enjoyed the room and that you slept well in our Sheraton signature bed. I am also delighted to hear your praise regarding our associates. I work continuously with my team to produce great experiences for our guests and I’m glad they took good care of you. I also agree with you about our Garden Pool, it’s a hidden gem. Thank you for sharing your feedback and I do hope to welcome you again sometime.

Reviewed 3 October 2017

Excellent 5 star property with the best of services that go with it from check in to check out, and a lovely river view.
Excellent buffet breakfast with dishes catering to every nationality and taste,and could be had sitting by the riverside.
A bar lounge on the lobby floor, couple of restaurants and two swimming pools offer a relaxing atmosphere outside the room.
Half hourly boat services are available to Saphan Taksin BTS Skytrain Station for trains to anywhere in Bangkok. Close to Chinatown by road,

Room Tip: Request a river view room, though probably most rooms have
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Captpillay,
Thanks so much for staying with us. I’m glad you had such a good time and really appreciate your kind words about our facilities and service. We certainly are lucky here on the river with the boats providing access to the BTS and connecting our guests with the rest of Bangkok. We are also located in the center of Bangkok’s Creative District, which is well worth exploring on foot. I do hope we will see you again.

Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

The hotel is total Five Star from start to finish with perfect rooms, grounds, and staff. I find no need to repeat the same things that others have already talked about - it is just perfect. There were some other things I noticed worth a mention. There is a fully stocked bar in your room if you decide you want to have a drink and don't want to go downstairs. There is a American drip brew coffee maker in addition to the instant coffee and tea you can make. A great treat if your a coffee lover. A huge safe in the room for your valuables. Plenty of light in the room. In our travels all over Asia most of the rooms are lacking lighting, not this one. The views of the river are spectacular. The pizza from the bar menu - WOW. Better than Italy! Great drinks at the bar and live music to go along with it. This is the place to stay when in Bangkok, you cannot go wrong!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear PatrickLongBeach
Thank you so much for staying with us. I’m pleased you enjoyed the spectacular views of everyday life on the Chao Phraya River. I am very happy that you had an enjoyable stay and I am delighted to hear your praise, especially regarding the service and facilities offered. I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel.