Location - Hotel's location is excellent. Right besides the river and offers free ferry to a pier that has a BTS train station, and tons of local restaurants and a shopping mall (Robinson Center).
Check-in - was very prompt and friendly, and was taken up to the lounge to checked-in since I'm Platinum.
Lounge - staff was excellent and friendly all around. Always helpful and asking if they can assist us in anything. Breakfast selections adequate.
Room - clean and spacious. Didn't get upgrade to suite as Platinum but was offered a decent room.
Concierge - helpful in answering question about transportation and local sight seeing highlights, and even reminded me some places didn't open and that saved me from wasting my time.
So far it's 5-star if the story ended here, but it didn't. Issues:
1) On the date of departure I have pre-requested them to send someone to our rooms to help us with luggage. No one came at the time of reservation. 5 more minutes, no one, 10 more minutes, no one, had to call down to Guest Services to get them to send someone up. By the time someone finally shows up it's 20 minutes after the original schedule time of departure. That cuts into our time to the airport.
2) When I called Guest Services to ask for additional pillow and blanket the person actually told me to "ask House-Keeping yourself" and transfers me to House-Keeping. This is never how other Sheratons operate. All Sheratons have one-stop Guest Services line that you get your requests to Guest Services, and they will take care of it, not transfer you to another department to"ask them yourself". Of course the person that picked up the call for House-Keeping barely speaks any English besides OK OK. Finally, after an hour pillow and blanket didn't arrive (probably the House-Keeping can't speak English and didn't understand and just say OK OK and hang up making me think she understood). Called Guest Services again, transferred to House-Keeping again, thank goodness this time someone that speaks English picked up and delivered what I needed more than an hour later...
This is unfortunately because without these 2 incidents this hotel is definitely a 5-star rating hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the legendary Chao Phraya River with exquisite views, we offer a pleasant combination of warm Thai hospitality and world-class service in a modern setting just minutes from Bangkok's business districts, entertainment, and attractions. Enjoy the refined style and modern comforts of a relaxing riverside hotel. Take time out at our two pools or book a spa treatment, discover exciting cuisine in our restaurants and bars, or experience memorable events in 22 unrivaled function rooms. All 726 of our spacious guest rooms and suites boast spectacular panoramic river views. Revel in the warm, calming, and contemporary ambiance of these well-appointed accommodations with a subtle Thai style. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood APAC, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA and TripOnline SA so you can book your Royal Orchid Sheraton Hotel & Towers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Orchid Sheraton Hotel And Towers
- Sheraton Royal Orchid
- Sheraton Bangkok
- Royal Orchid Sheraton Bangkok
- Bangkok Sheraton