“Pleasant with a few local pleasures nearly.”

Royal Orchid Sheraton Hotel & Towers
Ranked #68 of 887 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 11 October 2017

It may be an old hotel, but its riverside location is both strategic and splendid. River-view rooms provide a pleasant vista of the busy river traffic. Complimentary riverboat shuttle takes you to a nearby BTS station in 8 minutes. A 15-20 minute walk takes you to Bangkok's bustling Chinatown. Avoid the kitchsy River City complex next door, and head instead across the river on a ferry (4.5 Baht each way) and explore Klongsam Plaza instead, with budget shops and simple eateries. Skip the Terrace pool and check out the Garden pool instead, an oasis tucked away in one corner of the property. Ask for Mongkon to help check you in - he was so welcoming, helpful and pleasant. If you are staying over the weekend, their Sunday brunch is just excellent - the selection is endless. a mom and pop souvenir shop nearby, called Mike Shop (nearest the traffic light junction with Charoen Krung Road, has delightful proprietors if you have the time of day to chat.

Room Tip: Ask for a river view.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo

Reviewed 11 October 2017

Positive :

- Nice location
- Perfect Room
- Great Service from Staff ( Mr. Thanks especially )
- Nice pool

Negative :

- Trafic jam in several times.

Overal my stay was perfect stay at deluxe river view with direct view to the river, im not tried all the service like free ferry transportation but it will be worth to try.

Once again thank you :)

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
GMRosh, General Manager at Royal Orchid Sheraton Hotel & Towers, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear nieljulu
Many thanks for choosing Royal Orchid Sheraton and for taking the time to share this review. I really do appreciate your feedback and I’m delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. Traffic can be a challenge in Bangkok, but our complimentary shuttle boat service enables easy transfers to the nearest Skytrain station and therefore access to all that Bangkok has to offer. I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 10 October 2017

Location - Hotel's location is excellent. Right besides the river and offers free ferry to a pier that has a BTS train station, and tons of local restaurants and a shopping mall (Robinson Center).

Check-in - was very prompt and friendly, and was taken up to the lounge to checked-in since I'm Platinum.

Lounge - staff was excellent and friendly all around. Always helpful and asking if they can assist us in anything. Breakfast selections adequate.

Room - clean and spacious. Didn't get upgrade to suite as Platinum but was offered a decent room.

Concierge - helpful in answering question about transportation and local sight seeing highlights, and even reminded me some places didn't open and that saved me from wasting my time.

So far it's 5-star if the story ended here, but it didn't. Issues:

1) On the date of departure I have pre-requested them to send someone to our rooms to help us with luggage. No one came at the time of reservation. 5 more minutes, no one, 10 more minutes, no one, had to call down to Guest Services to get them to send someone up. By the time someone finally shows up it's 20 minutes after the original schedule time of departure. That cuts into our time to the airport.

2) When I called Guest Services to ask for additional pillow and blanket the person actually told me to "ask House-Keeping yourself" and transfers me to House-Keeping. This is never how other Sheratons operate. All Sheratons have one-stop Guest Services line that you get your requests to Guest Services, and they will take care of it, not transfer you to another department to"ask them yourself". Of course the person that picked up the call for House-Keeping barely speaks any English besides OK OK. Finally, after an hour pillow and blanket didn't arrive (probably the House-Keeping can't speak English and didn't understand and just say OK OK and hang up making me think she understood). Called Guest Services again, transferred to House-Keeping again, thank goodness this time someone that speaks English picked up and delivered what I needed more than an hour later...

This is unfortunately because without these 2 incidents this hotel is definitely a 5-star rating hotel.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank TheFoodCritique
Reviewed 9 October 2017

Since the Marriott purchase of Starwood we have been trying out their properties. This is a great hotel. were were upgraded based on my Marriott status and the suite was wonderful. It was on the river and we did plant are self's at the window when we were in the room, great view. I had taken a tour several years earlier and It left from this hotel. I thought it would be better to stay here and save the time it takes to get to the tour bus. We saved about 3-4 hours by staying here. It was a great plan.

Dinner at the hotel was accompanied with tradition Thai dancing my wife loved it. The food was good.

Room Tip: Great for Marriott Reward's members!
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Lee P
It’s great to read a review from a loyal Marriott Rewards member and even better to know that you were impressed by your stay at Royal Orchid Sheraton. The Thai cultural show at our Thara Thong restaurant is wonderful and a highlight of many of our guests’ stays, as is the fabulous view of the Chao Phraya river from every guest room. Thank you for staying with us and we all look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 8 October 2017 via mobile

We are very impressed with our stay at the Royal Orchid Sheraton Hotel! The rooms are very spacious, clean and with a very beautiful panoramic view of the riverside, the night view is stunning!

Our package includes the buffet breakfast, which is one of the best breakfasts we’ve ever had in a hotel, many choices of food, drinks and fruits. Very friendly and attentive service.

The location is a bit far from the Skytrain, so for those who like traveling along the Skytrain it could be a problem, though everything is within taxi/tuk tuk distance (around 15-20 mins to Siam Square, Central World). Also there’s free ferry service by the hotel that takes the guests across the river, the regular ferry service is right next to the hotel, very easy to travel along the river (around 15 mins boat ride to the grand palace).

Don’t miss the spa, really great price for the services we got.

Overalls, we enjoy our stay very much and would definitely stay again!

One last thing the hotel offers free late check out at 2pm, just ask the receptionists.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
GMRosh, General Manager at Royal Orchid Sheraton Hotel & Towers, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2017

Dear Kubrickian,
Thank you very much for staying with us at Royal Orchid Sheraton. I’m delighted that you were so impressed by our hotel and I agree with you, the views of the Chao Phraya at night are amazing. I see you took advantage of the public ferry service to travel up and down the river. We do have our own Sheraton shuttle boat, to take guests to and from the nearest Skytrain station, and I am sorry if you were not made aware of this service while you were here. The boat leaves every half hour and takes just ten minutes each way. Next time you visit, I hope you will give it a try. My team and I look forward to welcoming you back for another great stay.