US$76
US$139
US$127
US$89
2,798 results
All reviewschocolate buffetthai restaurantzuk barbeautiful hotelsathorn roaddeluxe suitehealth clubbusy citycoffee machinethe banyan treebusiness districtconcierge deskpool sidef bluxury hotelceladoncolonnade
Reviewed 26 May 2018

This was our 5th stay at this Bangkok stalwart. The Sukhothai is a serene oasis in the middle of bustling Bangkok.
The service is always gracious and warm without being overly familiar.
I do feel however that the guest rooms are in need of a renovation, particularly in the bathrooms where they are now feeling very dated. Soft furnishings could do with freshen up as could the in room Bose (10 year old) sound system.
The new Mercedes-Benz S-Class Hotel cars are a nice treat to whisk you to the airport in style.

Stayed: May 2018
TheSukhothaiBangkok, Manager at The Sukhothai Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2018

Dear Khun JamesBlankley,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your impressions and experience during your recent stay with us. We really appreciate the positive comments you made on The Sukhothai Bangkok. In relation to the aspects of your experience that were not up to your expectations, I will be working with the team to address this so that we can continue to improve. Hope to have the chance to showcase the improvements we have should you stay with us again.

Reviewed 25 May 2018 via mobile

A very nice set up for this welcoming hotel. Wood is omnipresent in the building and rooms and provides a cozy environment. The restaurant serves excellent food and caters for several cuisines.
The concierge and security team did a fantastic job to recover my colleague’s phone after he forgot it in a taxi.
The whole team is very welcoming. A special mention for Jackie (from the concierge desk), a very pleasant person whose professionalism is second to none; very attentive, dedicated and quick at anticipating needs. And always a smile!
I surely will stay at Sukhothai hotel again.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business

Dear Khun pierrecln,

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Sukhothai Bangkok and for taking time to share your experience with us during your recent stay. I am pleased to learn that you had enjoyed your stay with us and found our staff welcome and helpful. Hope we will see you again in the very near future.

Reviewed 24 May 2018 via mobile

Amazing hotel, very elegant decor. Swimming pool is big and beautiful. Rooms are luxurious and spacy. Service is excellent and breakfast good. The concierge Toom was highly professional, service oriented and recommended us wonderful bars and restaurants.
All in all, a highly recommended hotel in Bangkok!!

Only minor point is the location which is quite far from the historic center.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
TheSukhothaiBangkok, Manager at The Sukhothai Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2018

Dear Khun David K,

Thank you for your wonderful review of The Sukhothai Bangkok. It is always encouraging to hear such a positive feedback from our guests. I will be sure to share this with our staff. Look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 23 May 2018 via mobile

When i stayed Banyan Tree last time, I saw Sukbothai hotel nearby and thought that i would stay there one day cuz it looked so divine. And I did and never regret that i chose Sukhothai for the whole trip :D The staff at the breakfast (the guy who gave me the hot water), pool (his name was Bahn), the reception, and especially Kook and Chai at the concierge were sooo kind. Kook recommended me a cool place in Thonglor and grabbed a cab for me. I liked every bit of The Sukhothai! And when it comes to the room condition, i liked the size and everything but it was a little dusty (becuz of the carpet i guess). Didnt’t bother much though. Anyway i will definitely come back to The Sukhothai. Thanks! p.s: must dine at the Celadon!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Yubin K

Dear Khun Yubin K,

We are delighted to hear that you had a wonderful experience during your recent stay at The Sukhothai Bangkok. I will be sure to share these encouraging words with the team, especially those concerned in making your stay so memorable. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we hope to welcome you back again in the future.

Reviewed 22 May 2018 via mobile

Service and style as good as ever but:

1. Always gets me when a hotel is undergoing renovation but there’s no mention of it on their website. Gym is basically 3 small makeshift rooms and the pool area has noise from building work.

2. No Wi-fi/limited Wi-fi for 2 days ? Come on guys I can get better Wi-fi in a one star hotel in Pattaya.

3. First time ever in a hotel that as a paying guest, the pool attendant has insisted I paid cash or credit card for lunch instead of charging to my room ( although to be fair it was sorted out after he went away to speak to the manager)

4. Rooms beginning to show their age. I defy anyone to work out how all the buttons operate for room lighting. TV is infuriatingly difficult to operate. Maybe the remote was just having low batteries......

It all could be so much better.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank blademan940

Dear Khun blademan940,

We thank you for putting the time and effort into writing this review. Please note that we take such feedback very seriously and so I will be reviewing this personally with those concerned to ensure that all the issues are sorted out. Thank you for choosing to stay with The Sukhothai Bangkok and hope to have the chance to showcase the improvements we have should you stay with us again.