Lowest prices for your stay
US$45
Hotels.comUS$45
Booking.comUS$40
TravelocityUS$45
2,330 results
All reviews nana bts street food soi suite thai terminal
Selected filters
Reviewed 12 September 2011

I bought a Wot mystery deal for the cheap price and it turned out to be Grand President Bangkok. Think that I got the worst room because it was a Wot Room. Here's why.

This hotel/service apartment has 3 towers. The reception is located in Tower 1 and Tower 2 is next to it. Tower 3 is located on the opposite side of the street with no amenities at the ground floor except a security counter. I was given a room in Tower 3, Level 2, next to the lift. The air smelled musty but it was clean and comfortable enough... The air con could not be adjusted as the controls were spoilt. So it was v cold at night. The bathroom was very very large and spacious although I wish more space was given to the dining area which is just a small table with 2 chairs. I think there might have been a blackout at night cos I woke up in pitch darkness and the aircon was off. The TV started to act up too and was hazy with bad reception.

Overall it's what you get for a price of about US$65. Good value and a short walk to Nana sky train station (about 7 mins slow stroll). I will recommend this only if it's at this price and you don't mind the basic standards.

Date of stay: September 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
GPBangkok, Vice President at Grand President Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2011

Dear kokonuk,

Thank you for the review but I regret you didn’t have a good stay, mainly due to the poor air-conditioning.

We plan to inspect the thermostats and chilled water valves in all our rooms and repair any faulty ones at the earliest. I do hope you will try Grand President again and allow us to provide a much better level of service.

President Park Group.

Reviewed 6 September 2011

No serious complaints. Staff was helpful and friendly (mostly). I noticed that sometimes I smelled some burning odors and made sure not nothing was. I figured out later that it was likely that smoking fumes were traveling in the HVAC. Also, the location is nearly clubs and late night restaurants so loud music could be heard even though I was seven stories up (I was in Tower 3 across the street from the main two). Usually dies out by 2AM but on the weekends make that 4AM or later.

When using elevator, insert and remove your room card from the elevator card reader to access you floor. No one told me that. I learned the long way.

Cable TV was very staticky and limited in channels.

There is a comprehensive control console by the bed to console many lights, TV, A/C level, room service, etc.

Bed was a bit springy.

Internet is free but hard to log-in.

Taxi drivers nearby hotels always circumvent the proper system in which the meter is used. My normal ride to work is under 80 bahts but these opportunists ask for 250-300 bahts (taxi drivers aren't supposed to negotiate, that's what the meters are for.

I found a better (so far) hotel nearer work at the Bangkok Cha-Da in Huai Kwang. Cheaper and better and newer but the internet is not free.

Either way, the Grand President is better than average but not quite 'Very Good.' I would give it 3.5

Room tip: Away from the noisy streets.
Date of stay: September 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
GPBangkok, Vice President at Grand President Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2011

Dear rhysdavid... ,

Thank you for your comments.

Unfortunately, I have agree the area is quite loud due to the Sukhumvit 11 night clubs and street life that stay open late into the night.
I regret the signage for the elevator access controllers was not clear. We will look into adding a more prominent sign soon.

We plan to improve TV signals and upgrade the internet system by the 15th of October and assure you of a better experience when you are here next.

We do hope you will consider the Grand President for your future Bangkok visits.

Reviewed 5 September 2011

The rooms are similar to other apartment hotels in Bangkok. Modern, maybe slightly cold, but comfortable beds, nice little kitchen and spotlessly clean with friendly Thai service all round. Grand President has a good breakfast buffet with a large selection of nice food.

It can be a bit loud until about 2am, but if you stay on Skv 11, that's expected. There are more bars in the area than you can possibly visit and the renowned Bed Supper Club is just a 2 minute walk up Soi 11. Shopping stalls (cheap cheap!) all along Sukhumvit and malls further down the road towards the city. Check out MBK.

This place has a pretty nice gym too. Definitely better than some of the nearby competition. It made the difference for me, because prices are about the same.

Room tip: High up, away from Soi 11
Date of stay: April 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear Turicus,

Thank you for your comments and I am pleased you enjoyed you stay.
I agree the area is rather loud due to the night clubs and street life that stay open late into the night.
We look forward to your return in near future and we’ll certainly ensure we give you a quieter room.

Reviewed 3 September 2011

I've booked 3 deluxe rooms online. Went to the hotel for check-in at 2pm. Waited for 30 mins (and a bit grumpy already why do it take that long), but only 2 rooms are available, and I was asked to wait for another 1 (i.e wait till 3.30pm) as one room is still not available. I was frustrated and requested to see the manager, as it's the hotel's problem not having rooms ready on time for guests to check-in.They should have a record on how many guests are expected that day, so there shouldn't be any reasons why the room is not ready past your check-in time. But another lady receptionist being more professional, upgraded the 1 room for us so that we don't have to wait for another hour. I came for vacation, and the hotel shouldn't be taking so long to ask their guests to wait (wasting our time). Not a good start for my vacation.
I've requested all 3 rooms to be on the same floor, if not side by side. But all 3 rooms are on 3 different levels. Fine, I can live with that. I booked deluxe rooms, which are stated to be on Tower 1 (as stated online, as well as the hotel official website), but I was given Tower 3, which is across the street. I purposely paid extra money in order to stay in Tower 1, but I was told that deluxe rooms are also available at Tower 3, despite I told the receptionist that when I booked the room online, it states it's in Tower 1). If I would have known earlier (due to the incorrect information online, as well as on the hotel's official website), i would not pay extra, but get a standard room. Their so-called deulxe rooms look exactly like the standard room, as displayed on their hotel's official website. I felt so cheated.
Even with the free wi-fi, signal was so poor in the room, meaning virtually no internet access. It was also very noisy in the room due to the pub next to the hotel downstairs. Even my parents located higher up on the 7th floor could still hear the noises after midnight. Terrible.
When I checked in, I gave my credit card for deposit (just like any hotels elsewhere). I've already paid in full for the hotels online earlier on. When I checked out, I was told to wait for 2 weeks to get my deposit refund back into my credit card. I was shocked. By right, they shouldn't take the money from the card, but only take it as guarantee. By taking the money out and refund it back, i would have lost some money due to exchange rate. First time ever I see a hotel actually taking the money out from the credit card. So not professional.
I just don't want to argue anymore with the staff. I just could not understand. All in all, I felt so cheated by information on the website. To Grand President hotel management, could you please change the details on your deluxe rooms on your official website, putting Towers 1 & 3, rather than just staying deluxe rooms are in Tower 1.

Date of stay: August 2011
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank AdrianaLi
GPBangkok, General Manager at Grand President Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2011

Dear AdrianaLi,

Thank you for your comments and I regret I have taken some time to respond.

I regret we were unable to give you rooms on the same floor as requested and also had to accommodate you in out Tower 3 due to high occupancies. Regarding wi-fi service, sorry you found the free wi-fi inadequate.
We are presently finalizing a contract with a new ISP and by the 1st of November we will have a much higher speed available.

Regarding the deposit against your Credit Card, we block an amount to cover for expenses and, if unused, the amount is unblocked in two weeks. If you check you credit card statement, you will notice there was no actual charge made to your card. Sorry for the poor communications in this regard.

For all the inconvenience we have put through, I wish to offer you a two night complimentary stay with breakfast in a deluxe room. I hope you will take up the offer and give us a chance to offer you a much better level of service.

The office is valid till 31st March 2012.

Reviewed 29 August 2011

The room was very clean and did not smell of smoke. Unfortunately the staff failed to explain the hotel or its facilities. In all departments they had to appear to be too busy to smile. The hotel could do with its own transport to the main road and the BTS.

Date of stay: August 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Voyager10... ,

Thank you for your comments, Please accept my apologies for the freezing aircon and slow delivery of replenishment amenities. We have discussed all your comments internally and assure you of a better stay should your choose us on your next trip.