“This was a very nice surprise”
Review of Grand President

Grand President
Ranked #727 of 891 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 1 August 2017

I did not know what I was getting into. I booked a cheap and cheerful long weekend out of HKG and arrived at the Grand President. They upgraded me from the least expensive room I could book in tower 3 to something different in tower 2. I never saw the original room so can not compare, but I am very happy. For about HK$450 per night all in I am staying in a recently remodeled room with lightening fast wifi, great shower and dreamy bed. The staff are nice and the place is clean. Just moments walk from Nana BTS. What more could you want. Only negative is the breakfast buffet is not worth the money and that is something to say about a hotel breakfast buffet which is usually ALWAYS worth the little bit extra. Take the room, skip the breakfast.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 626 right off the lift and nice and quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank DouglasWhite69
Write a ReviewReviews (1,717)

Reviewed 26 July 2017

Initially booked for 3 deluxe rooms for our family vacation, but one room was standard upon check-in. Demanded for a deluxe room afterwards, but the receptionist insisted that the room initially given is the same. This room doesn't have a sofa, and was obviously the standard on their website. The receptionist gave us a new room to check, but informed the receptionist I will check after having dinner. Upon returning later that evening, we were informed that this deluxe room was already given to other guests. Out of frustration and demand that I get what I paid for online, the new receptionist called the hotel manager (assumed) and upgraded us to deluxe premiere (1 bedroom suite). They also seem to be overbooked.

Tower 3 seems to be old. Tower 2 is relatively old too, but clean. They do not replenish toiletries during make up room. Location is great. Very near Nana BTS, and bars and restaurant are nearby.

Room Tip: Good location
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Jeremiah S
Reviewed 25 July 2017

Received a friendly welcome and they had organised for my room to be ready early to fit in with my arrival at silly o'clock. Room was spacious and well appointed. My only negative observation is the whole hotel looks a bit dated and needs a face lift. Handily located for Sukhumvit, the sky train and numerous bars and restaurants and even has a Starbucks attached. Wifi was a bit flakey. As always in Thailand the staff are friendly and can't do enough for you but I think there are better hotels in Bangkok.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank Mazoegooner
Reviewed 24 July 2017 via mobile

I was surprised to read some ugly reviews of this hotel lately .
The good points: Sukhumvit 11. Close to many amenities,bars,restaurants and shops. 5 Minutes walk to Nana BTS station. Supermarket 1 minute away.

HOTEL: divided in 2 towers, 2 pools, Gym (a bit tired though )and even a Starbucks within the property!
STAFF
Super friendly staff ( even they have to deal with a lot of customers around the clock)
Fast check in and fast check out.Very professional and helpful. Good English skills.
SERVICE: house keeping good, room service good.Towels were new and very clean.
BREAKFAST: Amazing! A lot of food ( even we were after 9:00 am.but at this time the seats are very limited. I recommend to go earlier. If you love Indian food this is your place.And a lot of vegetarian choices too.The staff were permanently checking again and again the food and filling more when finished.EXCELLENT!!
The most of the holiday makers around the Hotel and in the hotel were from India and middle east.
Lively and colourful atmosphere. Very few western people .
ROOM:
I had a suite 56 sqm with a huge living room and huge bedroom. + a kitchenette. True, the furniture was a bit old and tired but I didn't mind. I didn't need to switch on the aircon that much. The room temperature could keep cool enough for hours.
I found a really good deal in internet and I will definitely come back!!!
(I can't really understand the bad reviews I found in trip advisor..or maybe they have managed to improve it?) Check it out!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank Natalia S
Reviewed 21 July 2017 via mobile

Our 3rd stay at this hotel on a family trip in last 8 years. The repeat stay is mainly due to the familiar & convenient location. You can walk easily to BTS Nana, Robinson's Department Store, Terminal 21 Mall, Times Square,
Bumrungrad Hospital & lots of restaurants. But beware of the 'nightlife' also walking or waiting around specially if you are with teen aged children!
We were staying in two rooms on the 22nd floor of Tower 2. Rooms are spacious enough but had strong smell of stale smoke. The intercoms did not work and had to be replaced. The wifi is not so good either. This tower boasts of the newest Starbucks outlet in the area. But we found the breakfast at the hotel quite disappointing this time, very limited options and totally chaotic after 930am!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family