Grand President
US$104
US$77
Priceline
1,851 results
All reviewsgerman beer housedeluxe suitenana btsstandard roomnight lifeliving roomrestaurants and barsbuffet breakfaststreet foodrooftop poolsoinightlifems
Reviewed 14 August 2017

Went to Bangkok for a 2 night stay. I booked originally the standard room but when I arrived the receptionist told me that I got a free upgrade to a Suite on one of the highest floors (21).
I could not believe it when he told me. And when I opened the door of my room and saw the skyline of Bangkok I fell in love.

The concierge, receptionist and waiters were all very friendly. And there is even a STARBUCKS in the hotel tower!

Best stay in the heart of the shopping and business district of BKK!

Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 August 2017

This hotel offers a great value for money. I booked a junior suite - it was really spacious. It really needs a serious refurbishment though. The furniture were pretty old with some serious wear and tear signs. The room air conditioners need to be checked - they were too cold despite having set the temperature at the maximum level.

There is a Starbucks downstairs.

It is located in the middle of Sukhumit Soi 11, one of the most happening Sois in Sukhumvit.

The front staff need some serious training in customer service. They need to learn how to greet the guests, how to smile, how to make the guests feel welcome, and how not to be rude to the paying guests! All those were missing throughout my stay, from the moment I checked in until the time I checked out. It fact the staff that handled my check out was quite rude. The Management of the hotel need to look into these issues seriously!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

I have been staying at Grand President since 2011. Sadly, every year I return I find it less and less appealing.
I gave three stars because I love the staff. I think I continue to return because of them. The location is great. Five minutes to BTS Nana station, plethora of restaurants bars shopping and nightlife. Also an amazing place for a wide range of cultures.
Most of the rooms need to be updated. I stay in the deluxe suite and every time it is worse. Things work poorly or not at all. The paint is peeling there is mold in the bathrooms and the washer/dryer never drys, be warned! I have also noticed the rooms are starting to smell very bad. I don't know if it's from cooking or smoking or both but it's very unpleasant. Breakfast is good but looking at other reviews I have to agree that the dining room is not big enough to accommodate so many guests.
My saddest observation is that the once cheerful staff seem downtrodden. I can tell they struggle everyday with rude, demanding, insulting guests and their faces are showing that burden.
Please be nice to the staff. They are trying their best to make your stay great under circumstances that are not in their control.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 August 2017

This hotel looked great in the photos for the Deluxe room which we booked.
The hotel itself is made up of 3 tower and one of the them is actually across the road and down a side street.
I arrived at the hotel and was advised that i had been upgraded to a suite which was nice to hear, but
no one offered to take my luggage or show me to my room.
I found out that i was in the 3rd tower, which i had to find myself and was across the road.

The room was like a double room so was big but is in need of a renovation as it is looking old and dated.
It also looks like the 3rd tower has had water damage at some point.

There was a lot of noise in the hallways at night and it was not a good nights sleep.
However for the price it is a good budget hotel.
i was there for two nights and the breakfast was good.

When in Bangkok next i will find another hotel to stay in.

Room Tip: Non smoking
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank Leigh C
Reviewed 1 August 2017

I did not know what I was getting into. I booked a cheap and cheerful long weekend out of HKG and arrived at the Grand President. They upgraded me from the least expensive room I could book in tower 3 to something different in tower 2. I never saw the original room so can not compare, but I am very happy. For about HK$450 per night all in I am staying in a recently remodeled room with lightening fast wifi, great shower and dreamy bed. The staff are nice and the place is clean. Just moments walk from Nana BTS. What more could you want. Only negative is the breakfast buffet is not worth the money and that is something to say about a hotel breakfast buffet which is usually ALWAYS worth the little bit extra. Take the room, skip the breakfast.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 626 right off the lift and nice and quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo