US$76
  • Pool
US$132
US$90
Agoda.com
Novotel Bangkok Platinum Pratunam(Bangkok)
US$104
US$97
Hotelpower.com
1,866 results
All reviewsdeluxe suitenana btsstandard roomnight lifeliving roombuffet breakfaststreet foodsoimicrowavenightlife
Reviewed 15 August 2017 via mobile

From beginning. When we approached it was raining and tried of heavy traffic. We found two bell boys and asked for trolley. They said no trolley wait 5 min. We have seen trolley was line near bell desk without using. Then we thought to off load it by our self. While off loading they brought trolley. We had booked 3 rooms and unfortunately 3 days from hotels.com and 4th day from dnata travel. Check in staff said 1st she will check in under hotels.com reservation and asked to come on 4th day to add other reservation. She wiped her hand easly. She would have add it into systems with both booking. Anyway 4th day after breakfast we approached to check in counter and found one person. I explained about my 2nd booking. 1st he said he will check out us and then check in. He pass the massage to housekeeping department. Also we had one room service bill. I asked to carry forward those bills to my next day.he refused. Later he got a call 4m housekeeping department and said one of energy tablet use by one room. We realized that room belongs to my mother and she didn't even touch those mini bar items. Again he checked and said " no item didn't use but open" i asked how did you said one tablet used and now you found it open only without using. He said i don't know i will call to housekeeping and you can check with them. We asked him to call housekeeping person. Waited 20 min no one came. Then we had one to one argument and asked to slove the issue and check us back to room. It was around 10.30 more than 1hr we spent for this. Then he showed us 12.00pm is check in time why you guys hurry. I told him i am not checking in 1st time and i was checked in 3 days ago And blaming us for unused mini bar items and wasting our time unnecessarily. Then one more lady came and he told story in thai language. Later he asked to sign on unused mini bar invoice and checked in us. So unprofessional and wasting customers time without reasons. They had no name on their uniforms. 4 star property but service bellow avarage. Two days we found after cleaning rooms housekeepers not keeping free water bottles. Always has to fallow with them once we back to room. Tower 3 rooms no soundproof so noisy and not renovate since long time.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 August 2017

Went to Bangkok for a 2 night stay. I booked originally the standard room but when I arrived the receptionist told me that I got a free upgrade to a Suite on one of the highest floors (21).
I could not believe it when he told me. And when I opened the door of my room and saw the skyline of Bangkok I fell in love.

The concierge, receptionist and waiters were all very friendly. And there is even a STARBUCKS in the hotel tower!

Best stay in the heart of the shopping and business district of BKK!

Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 August 2017

This hotel offers a great value for money. I booked a junior suite - it was really spacious. It really needs a serious refurbishment though. The furniture were pretty old with some serious wear and tear signs. The room air conditioners need to be checked - they were too cold despite having set the temperature at the maximum level.

There is a Starbucks downstairs.

It is located in the middle of Sukhumit Soi 11, one of the most happening Sois in Sukhumvit.

The front staff need some serious training in customer service. They need to learn how to greet the guests, how to smile, how to make the guests feel welcome, and how not to be rude to the paying guests! All those were missing throughout my stay, from the moment I checked in until the time I checked out. It fact the staff that handled my check out was quite rude. The Management of the hotel need to look into these issues seriously!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

I have been staying at Grand President since 2011. Sadly, every year I return I find it less and less appealing.
I gave three stars because I love the staff. I think I continue to return because of them. The location is great. Five minutes to BTS Nana station, plethora of restaurants bars shopping and nightlife. Also an amazing place for a wide range of cultures.
Most of the rooms need to be updated. I stay in the deluxe suite and every time it is worse. Things work poorly or not at all. The paint is peeling there is mold in the bathrooms and the washer/dryer never drys, be warned! I have also noticed the rooms are starting to smell very bad. I don't know if it's from cooking or smoking or both but it's very unpleasant. Breakfast is good but looking at other reviews I have to agree that the dining room is not big enough to accommodate so many guests.
My saddest observation is that the once cheerful staff seem downtrodden. I can tell they struggle everyday with rude, demanding, insulting guests and their faces are showing that burden.
Please be nice to the staff. They are trying their best to make your stay great under circumstances that are not in their control.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 August 2017

This hotel looked great in the photos for the Deluxe room which we booked.
The hotel itself is made up of 3 tower and one of the them is actually across the road and down a side street.
I arrived at the hotel and was advised that i had been upgraded to a suite which was nice to hear, but
no one offered to take my luggage or show me to my room.
I found out that i was in the 3rd tower, which i had to find myself and was across the road.

The room was like a double room so was big but is in need of a renovation as it is looking old and dated.
It also looks like the 3rd tower has had water damage at some point.

There was a lot of noise in the hallways at night and it was not a good nights sleep.
However for the price it is a good budget hotel.
i was there for two nights and the breakfast was good.

When in Bangkok next i will find another hotel to stay in.

Room Tip: Non smoking
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo