5 people are viewing this hotel
Trip.comUS$131
PricelineUS$149
travelup.comUS$105
2,047 results
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 17 September 2012

We arrived at noon in a group of 20+ people. Everyone is so eager to check in and head for our lunch and shopping. But we were held up for more than 2 hours at the reception all because of 3 blur blur hotel staffs.
We have emailed and send copies of our passports and the rooms allocation to them just a week before we arrive. But at the checkin, when we submitted our passports again according to the room allocation, the stupid staff (sorry can't find other words to describe) mixed all up and then return the passports to us, and then asked the passport back again, and then scolded us for not giving them according to room allocation, and then told us to fill in the forms, and then requested the passports to be stack according to the room allocation, then want us to match the passports with the forms and then, said no need, and then told us that half the rooms are not ready till past 3pm. By then everyone was starving and we left very little time to wash up and to shop. Can't imagine how they handle, if its a load of full coach of 45 tourists.
5 of us went to their cafe to have our very late lunch and waited 25 mins. After serving 2 dishes, the waiter told us that they ran out of gas to cook! We got a shock!!!
So we waited and waited. The food is really good but service is extremely slow despite only having only 10 customers eating at 3.30pm for lunch.
We had a swim the following morning and had itch all over just after the swim.
The lifts are not working well. I pressed on the door open while the rest trying to get in and it just slammed closed. The room is pretty nice. But definitely not a hotel I will stay in future.
For your info, to locate the hotel, it's just next to a prominent shop selling COFFINS!
If tripadvisor has minus stars for this hotel, I'll definitely give them a minus 5 for their lousy and rude service.

Room tip: Just don't stay in this hotel. There are many more better hotels available.
Date of stay: August 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
4  Thank MdmCoco
Reviewed 16 September 2012

My partner and I started our trip round Thailand at the Century Park hotel in September 2012.

The reception area is impressive and airy and clean. The staff however were blank, vague, not massively helpful and not very warm. It wasn't the warm welcome I was expecting as a first impression of the hotel.

On the whole there wasn't really much to complain about, the room was really nice and clean. Good shower. Views were good.

Downsides were the location. Good for the skytrain and weekend market, but apart from that it's a little out of the way and it was a pain finding taxi drivers who knew it and were willing to drive there on the meter.

My biggest downside was the hotel employees who booked the taxis. We would go outside and ask for a taxi to a tourist attraction, say the gran palace. Rather than accepting this and getting us a taxi they would just suggest somewhere else, or try and persuade us to visit a suit shop or take a boat trip. They were very pushy and made it very awkard when we said no. On one occasion we had to be really firm that we didn't want a boat trip, a taxi pulls up and the man says something to the driver in thai. One minute down the road and the driver says he can't take us to the area we want to go, that we should let him drive us to the river and we could get a boat instead. Seemed a bit convenient.

You expect a hotel to act on your behalf and it became clear that the people outside the front of the building who book the taxis are all on the make. They were all pushing their own companies they obviously get commission from. They also don't always get taxis with meters on.

We ate at the restaurant on our last night as we were exhausted. The food was awful, really awful, and typically overpriced.

On the whole a mix of poor location, expensive wifi, unhelpful staff, pushy door staff and bad restaurant would lead me to recommend finding a more central hotel which values the customer much more than this particular hotel does.

Date of stay: September 2012
2  Thank h_bav
Reviewed 16 September 2012

The Century Park is well located if you need to be near Victory Monument, but that is about all it has to offer.

It is the kind of place that asks you for something called a "hotel voucher" when you check in. When you tell them that you don't have any such thing, they say that you can't check in. "But I booked online. I have a confirmation number. That should be all that is necessary." Nope, not good enough. They want some sort of printout of your reservation, regardless of how it was made. So I am escorted to the business center where the front desk rep logs into a computer and then stands over my shoulder and watches as I located the confirmation email that I received so that I can print out a copy. Complete nonsense.

It's the kind of place where you have to repeatedly call the front desk in order to get the extra bed delivered that you requested when you made the reservation.

It's the kind of place where there is no information in the room about internet charges, and when you go to the front desk to inquire about wireless access, you are told "280 baht for half an hour" with a demeanor that reflects awareness that no one in their right mind would ever pay that.

It's the kind of place where the staff are instructed to pick up the breakfast buffet 15 minutes before it is supposed to end.

Staff were mostly indifferent and borderline rude, which is extremely unusual in this wonderful country (even in Bangkok). Normally, even if they can't help you, they will do whatever they can, and always with a smile on their face. Not sure what happened with this place.

Best thing the hotel has going for itself are the blackout curtains. The bedroom was nice and dark. Beds are hard.

Date of stay: June 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Michael S
Reviewed 13 September 2012

Stayed 3 nights as part of honeymoon travels. Very clean place, lovely bedroom and bathroom andvvictoryEwing. Staff friendly and helpful. We here given a free cake as honeymoon gift! Breakfastgreat. Great location. Only downside that food is expensive and drinks, mini bar and minibar expensive. We have booked another night next month but won't be having meals there as easy enough to eat out.

Date of stay: September 2012
1  Thank Alex8771
Reviewed 9 September 2012

the room at this hotel was very clean and it is situated near the sky train (less 10 minutes on foot). The wifi it is very expenseve.. The only thing that doesn't like me, it is some personell:The receptionist are very friendly but other personell forgot to bring us the towel, the porter looked at what I had left a tip near to me and even though we had breackfast up to ten staff, when I arrived at 9.45 to have a tea the staff remember me that the breackfast it is still 10... (not very polite)...

Date of stay: August 2012