Lowest prices for your stay
US$81
PricelineUS$80
Hotels.comUS$82
ZenHotels.comUS$124
2,439 results
All reviews shopping mall benjasiri park bts station park view phrom phong excellent location direct access big room business trip washing machine swimming pool visiting bangkok early check emquartier chatrium gym ms
Selected filters
Reviewed 18 February 2013

Pros 1-6 Great hotel standards
Cons 7-8 Slow elevator and dishonest taxi drivers

Good points

1.Check-in
The courtesy, and welcome of concierge and hotel reception staff is excellent. Communication skills are outstanding. All staff are excellent.

2. Room 26F
Clean spacious and comfortable.
The bedside light didn't work. I checked if the bulb was tight and it blew the fuse, cutting the TV, clock and lights. I contacted the reception at 9:00PM and they had it fixed very quickly. Great response fast action. Very impressive

3. Location
Perfect location to use the overhead BTS, or connect with the underground MRT system.

4. Breakfast
A good selection of Thai fruits, continental and cooked breakfasts and wide variety of bread. Good service

4. Guests
I would estimate that 80% of the guests were Japanese ranging from business men to retired groups visiting Thailand.
The adjoining streets Soi 24-26 cater mainly to the needs and cuisine preferences of Japanese tourists as such, prices tend to be higher.

5. Personal Security
This is important in Bangkok. Staff quickly remember guests faces and open the door or press the elevator button, when you approach the hotel, especially at night.

6. Check-out efficiency
Polite and fast.

Weakpoints

7. Waiting for the Elevator (major weakpoint)
The architech who designed a 42 floor building with only 3 elevators, should be given an award for outstanding bad design and inept planning skills. There is a long wait to get into the elevator, I learned to allow 10 mins from room to reception floor. This is the Emporium suites biggest weakpoint and one that cannot be fixed easily.

8.Taxi Driver
My guest experience at Emporium was very good until, they arranged and guided me into a taxi on Sun February 17 at 06:30. The taxi driver placed my suitcase on the front seat and drove off towards the airport. After 5 minutes he advised "NO Meter, 400 baht." He then drove like a madman along local roads (no toll charges). On arrival at the airport, I paid and asked for a receipt "NO Receipt". As soon as the 400 baht was in his hand, he showed no interest or concern and walked off looking for the next gullible tourist arriving at the airport. This taxi was arranged by the hotel, not selected by me, so I am concerned and disappointed with guest safety and taxi fare overcharging. (no meter rip-off)
Emporium Suites management must take immediate action to ensure the safety of their guests.

General Caution on Taxis:
Get out of any taxi that has a meter, but the driver refuses to use it.
Dont allow a taxi to take you to a different location/business to the one requested.
Confirm that they can give you a recept before driving off.
If you have a problem take a photo of the taxi name and vehicle license plate. (my mistake)

Emporium Suites management need to apply a taxi check before any of their guests get into a taxi arranged by them. Two checks must be made. Will the driver use the taxi-meter? Does the taxi driver provide receipts? Will the taxi use toll roads (expressway) if yes then the customer will pay extra charges.
The taxi must be easily identified so that overcharging and bad driving can be reported.

Room tip: Request a room closest to the three elevators. Waiting for 5-7 minutes for an elevator is common at peak times. Be aware of this problem when arranging a check-out time and travel to the airport. Allow 3 hrs from hotel check-out to the airport (international flights)
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
15  Thank FinnMcCoolAsia
Saminee, Front Office Manager at Emporium Suites by Chatrium, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2013

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your informative reviews. I am sure that many people will find your review extremely useful.

Appreicate for the compliments of check in and check out which are directly under my control. I am glad to learn that my staff are providing you services that you satisfy with.

Apologize for the delay of elevators, thank you for bring this up. I have already reported your comment to the Management and we already called in the elevator company to find solutions for this issue.

As for the taxis, I am sorry in the name of Thais. Since they are out of control of the hotel and it was indeed a shameful act, I am again sorry that you experienced this.

We have a stand of taxis in front of the hotel, once we have been reported of dishonest taxis our Security section immediately act by get rid of that car from the stand. Meaning the taxi will cannot come back to our stand.

Our Security section had also reported this to the government section that control taxis drivers which we hope that they would able to find the driver and give him warning, the hotel is following on this to make sure the dishonest one will be punished.

Couldn't thank you enough for stayed with us.

Reviewed 17 February 2013

We stayed on the 41st floor, the checking-in process was fast and efficient, the room was clean tidy, spacious and good view that we could see the Chaophraya River in the far side. Hotel staffs were always smiling read to help no matter what that making our stay very enjoyable.

43  Thank Tanya P

Dear Sir/Madame,

We loved your title "Excellent". This word simply describe all activities we been striving in everyday for our guests.

We are glad you love the River Side, on the clear day we will even see moutains from the room on 41st floor.

I suggest you try to Park Side room for the next visit then, you will stunnded with the lights of Bangkok in night time.

Thank you for stayed with us.

Reviewed 14 February 2013

Enjoyed our weekend shopping trip to Bangkok. We have chosen the hotel because of its location and reviews we have read. From the time we stepped in to the hotel until the day we had to leave we have truly felt like home. Everyone has been very helpful and attentive to our wishes. The rooms are well decorated. The only downside we have experienced is the breakfast service. The food was average and the selection is rather limited. I guess the hotel was fully booked and the staff a bit overwhelmed in the restaurant.

Room tip: Park side room, snooping mall and BTS are great and just footsteps away
48  Thank Bernd M
Saminee, Front Office Manager at Emporium Suites by Chatrium, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2013

Dear Madame,

I am glad to know that you enjoyed your shopping trip and your stayed with us. Thank you for compliment our services. This is what we strive for each day to serve our guests the best we could go for.

I apologize about the breakfast issue and I will bring this to the attention of the Management of the hotel so we can look into this issue and improve it.

Thank you very much indeed.

Reviewed 13 February 2013

Just want to share an experience about our stay in this hotel, especially the popular kindness and available of staff who helped us upon departure from hotel. The check out process was smooth, no problem but when we arrived the airport and found that we forgot our passport in hotel room. We were shocked and phoned to the hotel and talked to the Concierge, he was very very helpful and told us to wait at the airport and then he arranged the hotel limousine to bring us our passport in time. It was incredible. We almost missed the flight because of our carelessness. We would say "Thank you" to the staff and surely we'll come back to stay here again.

48  Thank Zahidur R

Dear Sir,

Thank you for compliment our Concierge team.

This is what our staff doing everday, went extra miles to serve our guests. We wish you and your family the best of luck and pls. visit us again if you have a chance.

Reviewed 13 February 2013 via mobile

Good location but not too many shops can shop around. The room is huge and view is cool if seeing the park side. The room price is very reasonable and attentive service. The worst part is the breakfast, not too many choices and taste is so-so.

18  Thank Bonnie S

Dear Sir/Madame,

Thank you for stayed with us.

Emporium Mall is considered top 3 luxury malls in Bangkok. However, the mall itself divided to 2 parts, the mall section which filled with luxury brands and the plaza part which you can find more affordable brands. It always have seasonal sale and shopping here is a lot of fun, I can garunteed you.

I apologize that you are unsatisfy with our breakfast service. We will work it out and make it a better one.