Somerset Park Suanplu
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
All reviewssuan plubedroom apartmentserviced residencetuk tukwashing machine and dryerhome away from homelocal marketsathorn roadfull kitchenpool and gymlong stayliving areaquiet locationdefinitely stay here againfree shuttlebuffet breakfaststreet food
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 January 2012

An absolutely wonderful apart-hotel...the room (living/dining room, bedroom) were huge, beautfully decorated, comfortable. TVs in both rooms (not tiny little things either!), a superlative kitchen with huge refridgerator, cooker, dish-washer...well, everything.

The staff are charming and helpful...the spa massages are a dream and - believe it or not - this hotel is not expensive!

Anyway, I would not hesitate to recommend it to any discerning client...and I would like to thank yll the staff for their helpfulness, and kindness.

I will be back soon - sometime in February....and looking forward to it.

Sally Pfenniger

Room Tip: I only had one room - the one I was given, on the 25th floor...cannot say for the others...but mine was great
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
polevalter, General Manager at Somerset Park Suanplu, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2012

Dear Traveller,
We truly appreciate your kind comments about your recent stay and pleased we met your expectaions.
It is important to receive feedback from our guests to ensure our standards are maintained, if not improved upon. Your feedback is valuable and greatly appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you back to Somerset Park Suanplu in February.

Reviewed 17 January 2012

We stayed for 10 nights on two occasions and the rooms (two bedroom) was large and well equipped with kitchen and washer/dryer, room safe, several TVs and cable. daily bottled water and servicing. There was a good pool and they have well priced (you could probably find cheaper, but this is also convenient) massage. Breakfast was included with egg station (omelettes, etc) and the usual range of hotel fare + some rice and thai for breakfast. Nothing fantastic but a good start to the day. A small shop in the complex was very handy for beer, snacks and forgotten things + 7 eleven is close by, didn't find any nearby supermarkets however. regular daytime tuk-tuk to sala daeng station hooks you into the BKK transport system, which has cheap fares and if faster (and less scary) than cabs. Also easy 10 minute walk to either Sala Daeng or Chong Nomsi stations. Lovely gardens, (relatively) quiet location, no earplugs required, beds are firm, good views, pleasant gardens and set off the street. The only downside is that the restaurant, whist not expensive is not wonderful (and was deserted on the two times we used). Nearby there are more expensive and better options including a French, Thai and Italian, but relatively few restaurants. Friendly and accommodating staff, recommended.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
polevalter, General Manager at Somerset Park Suanplu, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2012

Dear Traveller,
Thank you for your informative review and we are pleased you found good value and services again.
We look forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 15 January 2012

I've already written a review about this hotel the first time I visited back in 2007. At that time, I was a little younger and an inexperienced traveler abroad. I wrote a review about how impressed I was with the hotel, but at that time my standards were a lot lower. Now a little more mature, I can still say everything about this hotel is top notch. My wife and always enjoy our stay here, and it gets harder to leave every time we depart. The moment you arrive you're greeted by probably the friendliest doormen I've ever met. The reception is very well run and I've never had a problem with the bill, reservations, etc. The rooms are nicely arranged and always clean, with fantastic city views from the balconies. The pool is lovely and so is the spa which is located on the same floor. The restaurant is also very nice and they serve a nice variety for breakfast.
Now, a lot of people say the hotel is out of the way, but I don't think it is. We enjoyed the short walk to the skytrain, and there are a lot of nice restaurants easily within walking distance. There's also complimentary tuk-tuk service to the skytrain and mall nearby.
This is definitely our only choice when staying in Bangkok. We've stayed 4 times since 2007 and will stay every other time we return.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Traveller,

Thanks for returning once again to Somerset Park Suanplu. We are pleased to read that your stay was again excellent and that you have made an informed decision to return due to the great service you continued to receive. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 9 January 2012

Always stay here during my work trips to Bangkok.
It is spacious and it comes with a kitchenette. It helps when I am in a rush or just want to cook a simple snack.
Location is near my working place in Bangkok and getting around is simple. The service is excellent and there is a free Tuk Tuk service to the nearest BTS.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business

Dear Traveller,

Thanks for your review and we are glad that you enjoyed all aspects of your recent stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 9 January 2012

We had a beautiful stay at this serviced apartment. We stayed on the 12th floor. The room is huge with free wireless connection to all our mac, iPad and phones. Location is central enough yet away from the busy main street, only about 10 mins leisurely walk to the back entrance of the Central department store at Silom, by cutting across the small soi. The staff were very helpful, friendly and most obliging. We request in the last minute for a late check out and was granted with a smile. Thank you for a wonderful weekend.

Room Tip: Choose one with good WIFI strength
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear Traveller,
We are pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our ISP provider is working on increasing the Wi-Fi signal strength blind spots you mention.
Thanks for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.