“Cheap but 250baht PER HOUR for internet!!!!”
Review of Indra Regent Hotel

Indra Regent Hotel
Ranked #290 of 891 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 22 November 2012

This hotel has not changed since I sayed here in 1996. It still has a very 1870s feel and is actually quite dark inside. Great Pratunam location BUT 250Baht per hour for the internet - not per day but per hour.
Major turnoff!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank adf1976
UdomIRH, General Manager at Indra Regent Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2012

Dear adf1976

I would like to explain that our WiFi charge is similar to hotels of the same category. We do offer a 24-hr package of THB 600 can be used over the entire period of stay and not limited to one time usage, therefore per hour charge is just B 25. For guests requiring a short amount of time on the internet, we suggest becoming a Facebook fan of Indra Regent Hotel which allows complimentary internet usage at our Business Center.
Thank you for providing us with your thoughts and for your continued support.

Sincerely Yours,
Udom Vanichkajorn

Write a ReviewReviews (1,490)

Reviewed 21 November 2012

There was just something missing this visit, from the zero plastic bags lining the bins in the rooms unless there had been a plastic bag thrown in there by me in the trash from yesterday, do the same paper coaster under the glasses in the bathroom for my entire stay, and I guarantee they were not new when I arrived. Penny pinching on a level that only lowers standards, not saving much money.

The breakfasts were not as good, some days they substitued dragon fruit for the beautiful red papaya or no papaya at all, the pineapple on some days not as sweet as other, the boiled eggs were cold, '

The bar on the mezanine level has slipped entirely, evidenced by the fact the few times I drank there I was the only one, the pineapple around my Mai Tai glass had definately been used on other drinks, which I found disgusting. Another night I went there and just stood next the barman for 5 minutes before he suddenly reaslised I was there, and the drink didnt taste as fresh.

The meal at Sala Thai, although the service was fabulous, was not as good as before, penny pinching again, which was so disappointing.

However its still a good value hotel, and I will happilly go there again as I know the area, 5mins walk from the new airport link station Rathcaprarop (second last stop) which connects with BTS and MRT making getting around a lot better than in the past. But I will keep the shortcomings in mind when I do. The lady looking after my room, like all others times, was lovely.

The main counter staff ni the foyer was also lovely, but the doorman not as attentive etc, just little thinks that disappoint. they could also do with many more couches and seats in the foyer, I seem to remember there were lots more, and now the cafe on the ground floor is owned by MdDonalds, its not appropriate to sit there whilst waiting if not paying.

But a word of warning. Indra Mall the shopping complex underneath and linked to the hotel DONT EVEN THINK OF BUYING AN ELECTRICAL ITEM THERE TILL YOU ARE SURE ITS GENUINE. Tong Shop for one sell fake phones pads etc, and the shop diagonally opposite is owned by the same guy selling the same junk. Be very careful, go to a full retail store, or there are some stores on the top level that seem to sell genuine items, yes I was caught, as are Im sure 1000s of others, everything looks right but check the spelling on the box and look for tiny errors that Apple and Samsung would never let slip by, eg Anriod instead of Android, Goodle instead of Google. The hotel unfortunately is connected to, must own, and certainly promotes this mall, so a comment about is VERY warranted here. They should not promote the selling of crap to their own customers. Anyway I will stay again, but wish they would lift their game a bit on the cost cutting side.

Room Tip: Just go for a superior room, the more expensive rooms arent much better
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank poindexter11
Reviewed 21 November 2012

My wife and I stayed again in this hotel becoz we found this hotel is situated at the heart of pratunam where you can find the best deal for all goods. The hotel is situated very near to airport line Ratcharaprop station. From this station, you can also transfer to BTS which is one more stop again. We took bus from outside our hotel to Erwan (4 face buddha) & Sala Deang (Patpong). Quite convenient for bus ride but sometimes might be crowded. For the room, we got the highest 17th floor room. Room is very clean and has nice view over the city. TV is quite small, no slipper provided unless you request, comfortable king size bed, hard to control shower where it changes from hot to cold automatically. Breakfast got limited variety and is the same everyday. Next time we will just book room without breakfast. There are many cheap and nice stall selling breakfast around hotel. Near hotel, there is pratunam market, night market, pratunam complex where you can find the cheapest stuff. We been to Bobae, Patpong, but Pratunam is the cheapest of all. Overall, hotel is situated in a great location and we will stay again.

Room Tip: Choose the highest 17th floor for best view over city
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bigtupai
Reviewed 20 November 2012

I first came here around 20 years ago and the service hasn't changed! Yes, this is an older hotel but they still value the service of their guests.

We arrived with a speedy check in and up grade without even asking for it! We were allowed into our room earlier than the regular time.

Our bags were carried by a gentleman that had bee working there over 30 years, so friendly and polite! We entered to our room which was well maintained and didn't appear to be the years that the hotel actually is!

The location is fantastic for shopping and some nice little Indian restaurants! We are booked to stay there for two nights at the end of this trip and glad we have done so!

Room Tip: Ask for Superior!
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 November 2012

This is a cheap hotel charging medium rates. Booked a junior suite and was given what I regard as a standard room on the "exec floor". Not good enough. The room itsellf had it been classed as standard was comfortable. The pool and its general area is OK. The real let down here is the lack of service and the worst breakfast buffet in SE Asia (it was like this when I stayed there 10 years ago too). Staff on the front desk need to be retrained and the staff outside need to be replaced. This could be such a good hotel but it is badly managed and I wont be back again. The breakfast buffet is a joke. So why did I stay there? It is right next to Pratunam market where you can buy cheap clothes in the cheap malls all around. It is also close to transport. Location is great but thats about all.

Room Tip: High floor for the view.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business