“Our Favourite Thai E-san restaurant in Bangkok”
Review of Som Tam Nua

Som Tam Nua
Ranked #810 of 13,795 Restaurants in Bangkok
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Downtown Bangkok
Reviewed 1 July 2015

This restaurant has been around for some years now. Originated in Siam Square and now i think they have more than 3 branches in Bangkok.

If you are looking to experience spicy Thai foods, especially Som Tam (papaya salad) , laab and the best dish of all is actually Fried Chicken Wings.

The price has been on the rise recently. But, it is still acceptable.

I'd still prefer the original branch in Siam Square. But i also tried the one at Siam Centre. Both have same taste.

Recommend this restaurant for those looking to experience real thai e-san foods with reasonable prices.

Date of visit: June 2015
Write a reviewReviews (776)

Reviewed 30 June 2015 via mobile

My Thai friend recommended us this restaurant, and we were all quite surprised with the deliciousness of all the food we ordered. I was not sure if our hungryness from shopping all day made the effect.

But i was sure that I would come back here.

Also we saw the award certificate by the restaurant winning something, looks authentic.

Reviewed 30 June 2015

Well, I'm a solo traveler. Only able to order a few to have a try. Must order list: som tam and fried chicken. It is true that never try never knows. Advice here is be early as always fully occupied.

Date of visit: July 2014
Reviewed 30 June 2015

This is the kind of food I'll crave if eventually have to move back to the UK where Thai food is, on the whole, done very, very badly. I popped in here with a friend after finding where we had intended to eat was shut. Not expecting much we were quickly seated and given a good menu with just the right amount of choice. We ordered somtam and sticky rice, nam tok nua, issan sausage, gai taud and a coconut each to drink. It came quickly, was very tasty and satisfying. It was of course more expensive than street food prices but good value for the quick service and air con. I think it's a great place to have lunch if you're shopping in the area.

Reviewed 29 June 2015

Heard great things about this place but was left dissapointed with the food and service level. Went to the outlet in Siam Centre. Queue wasn't that long but the quality of food wasn't great. The much raved about fried chicken was good, but not any better than what I've had from street vendors. Food did arrive quickly but the staff were all sour faced. Despite all the hype, I find this just a very average and expensive restaurant for what they are serving.

Will definitely not go back.