US$116
  • Pool
US$113
US$98
US$401
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 2 February 2014

The hotel is well located on Pradipat, a major street in Bangkok. The Skytrain is easily accessible (800 m) and many buses pass the door. It is also very easy to get to the weekend market at Chatuchak from the hotel - less than 2 km of easy walking, or 5 to 10 minutes in a taxi. The staff that we met were all pleasant and friendly, and enough of them spoke enough English to make life quite easy. The buffet breakfast was also good. While our room was large, with a good bathroom and a comfortable bed, we did not like it very much. It was long and thin, and the only window looked out onto a corridor. We could not see emergency lighting anywhere in or near the room, which worried us. Despite the staff's efforts, I think that we will not be going back there again.

Room Tip: Perhaps you have to ask for a room with an external window, if you want one.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jeremy-J591
Reviewed 18 July 2013

I have been staying at the Pradipat Hotel during many of my trips to Bangkok, and sometimes I stayed there for over a whole month. It is a very unpretending, dated, a bit shabby kind of hotel, not suitable for everyone, but liked by the Thai and Middle-East clientele.
On the ground floor, behind the reception, they have rooms that they rent "by the hour" (you know what I mean), with parking space in front of the room door and a heavy plastic curtain that hides your car from the view of others, very convenient for some intimate and discreet meetings. They don't discriminate anyone based in their sexual orientation.

A funny thing about this hotel is that it was designed to drive your car up to your room, with ramps and wide corridors, wider than some sois in Bangkok; they don't use these ramps anymore, but as kind of store rooms.
Some of the rooms are like small apartments and you can have as many people there as you want. Say that you are a group of five or six backpackers and you want to find a hotel for less than $5 per night per head, with air-cond, full en-suite bathroom, living-room with fridge, two TV sets with channels in English, two double beds and a big couch (enough for a couple) in a location near the Sky train and with girlies and gay bars around: this is the place.
If you go with a Thai friend and he/she negotiates the price of your stay, putting the room under his/her name and paying in advance, you can get it for half the advertised price.
Forget about the breakfast or restaurant in the hotel, try the many coffee-shops, street vendors or family-run restaurants along Pradipat Street, or try the Food Court at the nearby Big C hipermarket in Pahonyotin Road, only 10' walk from the hotel, where you can have a decent meal for less than $3.
On Saturday and Sundays you can walk along that road to the huge Chatuchak Weekend Market, a 30' stroll, depending on the many stops you make to look at the stamps, coins, amulets, old magazines, etc..., before reaching the actual market.

Room Tip: The best rooms, to my taste, are the ones at the back in the 2nd and 3rd floors, facing a splendid Thai villa, with wooden pavilions and a swimming-pool, away from the noise of front rooms facing Pradipat Street.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank phayaoThailand
Reviewed 28 March 2013

Big rooms for little money

After staying at Mystic House for about one hour, and having to leave because the rooms they offered us were health hazards and run down, I and my wife went across the road to Pradipat Hotel.

We have stayed at Pradipat Hotel before because it is close to our favorite restaurant Gno Kui (not sure about the spelling!). Go eat there if you are in the Pradipat district. Amazing value for money. It is just across the road from Mystic Place (where we will NEVER stay again). You recognize the restaurant from its red sign and a cooking booth facing the sidewalk.

The hotel is run down but mostly clean, the more expensive rooms are really two rooms with a bathroom wedged between them (always choose them because the cheaper rooms have no windows facing the outside, claustrophobic).

The breakfast is not so good. It is a no pork breakfast to suit the many Muslims who stay at this hotel and I get a bit peeved when I can´t get bacon with my continental breakfast! They usually serve sushi and Thai food too (for breakfast!) and it is mostly cold and not so nice. I did not get sick or anything so the hygiene seems to be ok.

ALWAYS choose a big room on the left side of the hotel (facing the reception) and on floor two or three. And check the rooms before you accept them. Some smell a bit funky.

Over all though it is an unpretentious hotel (you get what you see) which need to be renovated, with a breakfast that is at best acceptable. But it is really cheap for THB1200 for the large rooms. Maybe you can shop for the money you save? I prefer to shop at the Chatuchak Market or if you want to go to a mall go to Central Plaza Chatuchak (Central Ladpaw).

Room Tip: ALWAYS choose a big room on the left side of the hotel (facing the reception) and on floor two or three. And check the rooms before you accept them.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 February 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights with my wife. The staff were very nice, but the hotel is very dated and there were some strange things going on around the hotel
We had to ask for our room to be made up when we got back on day 2 as we forgot to put the sign on the door, never happened before in the many hotels we have stayed in all over Thailand.
The breakfast was not good, cold and they ran out of milk. They also have a karaoke bar right in the middle of the hotel on the 4th floor, strange location.
It was quite a good location, we have stayed at two good hotels very close to this one, but both were full, so stayed here.
I don't think we would again, but as a base, I guess for 18 a night for 2 people with breakfast, it is okay.

Room Tip: Not sure, think they may be all the same, dated.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 January 2013

After I left Nice Palace hotel within one hour of staying, I went to a hostel. The hostel didn't have enough room the next day, so I had to look for a hotel around that area. They recommended me to check w/ Pradipat hotel, so I went to have a look. When I walked in, it smelled just like Nice Palace hotel, and I didn't need to see any further.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo