Lowest prices for your stay
US$58
Free cancellation until 07/10/22
US$47
Free cancellation until 08/10/22
Reserve now, pay at stay
Agoda.com
US$36
PricelineUS$70
Hotels.comUS$47
TravelocityUS$47
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 November 2018

The room is big and the staff are nice just like most other hotels. The bath room is old and the shower door does not even close by itself. I have to use a small tower to keep it close. To flush the toilet, you have to press the side button and keep pressing until all the water are out before it can flush. It's an old hotel so I understand.

Date of stay: October 2018
Reviewed 26 October 2018

For US$79 (THB 2800) per night, you would expect decent service and hotel. Met with bad service at their coffee house during breakfast - this guy in blue coat was curt when I asked for warm water. Overall staff were unsmiling, and that's throughout the hotel. I stayed for 3 nights on a business trip, and when I checked in, the staff told us we had to pay for breakfast, so we paid extra for breakfast. I had diahorrea after their breakfast the first day and breakfast selection was bad, so I told the reception that I wanted to cancel my breakfast for the next 2 days, and requested for a refund. However, the staff told me breakfast comes with the room rate, and even if we don't want breakfast, it would still costs THB2800. So different staff can say different things? It doesn't make sense. Oh and I saw a note when I took their filmsy bedroom slippers to wear that it costs THB200 to purchase a pair. Which implies that you can't take the slippers away, which is fine of course, but does that mean that they would reuse the filmsy slippers? Hope it gets laundered if so. Honestly I've stayed in hotels half the price and met with better service. There are so many other hotels in Bangkok that are better in terms of quality, price and location. This is a low class hotel masquerading as a luxury hotel at best.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank Voguetripper
Reviewed 3 October 2018

Impressive lobby, very friendly warm welcome, competent hospitality, very nice room, only the bath tub doesn‘t fit in a marbel room
The breakfast buffer is mainly Thai high class with excellent service; the diner buffet is excellent, includes rock lobster as much as one likes; the open wine? Better take a bottle.

Room tip: Away from the road is more quiet
Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank 556axelh
Reviewed 23 August 2018 via mobile

Booked for 8 nights and checking out after 1! The pictures posted on booking sites for this hotel are false! I booked the Executive Suite for my partner who is having Dental work done! Looks amazing online but is nothing like what you see online and no refunds! Be very careful!!

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

The Emerald Hotel Bangkok, perfect location all amenities you could ask for and lots of very noisy loud speaking people from a close neighbouring country. Listen I am not really a complainer but when it comes to piece and quiet this hotel has walls paper thin and I needed to be put on the executive floor to be able to rest properly, the hotel is old so maybe the reason for this problem. Anyway I was moved after I upgraded myself then a further 3 times to get on the upper most floors which was ok. To be honest the room looked pretty much like the others but the view pretty good. The hotel didn't feel that my complaining deserved a discount or access to the executive lounge though which I thought might have been a good gesture as I felt like a walkabout and it was a pain having to pack unpack etc. Moving on the food, very big selection and food was always nice lots of Chinese style. The waiters kind of lost me few times maybe due the size of the restaurant, no water, plates left that kind of thing. Don't get there with 10 minutes before closing as they will ask you to choose quick and eat fast haha only happened once but I felt bad so are quick and got out before I got in trouble! Other late people just carried on didn't care. The reception staff very professional and courteous, room service cleaning etc very good. Rooms a little bit dated but very comfortable, bathroom always very clean. Hotel location very close to Metro 5 min walk, so easy to get anywhere pretty quickly. Hotel well I think it's banding is not correct only because if the build but it's quite grand and very big. Stay for sure it's ok but make sure u request a top floor second building which is an upgrade, and a quiet room so at least you can change if the criteria isn't met. As for Bangkok if you haven't been it's a beautiful, diverse, bustling metropolis full of busy people from all walks of life making ends meet anyway possible. The sites and smells will captivate, the city is both modern and huge you might not want to leave.

Date of stay: April 2018