“Simple, Wholesome and Fresh ”
Review of Mont Nom Sod

Mont Nom Sod
Ranked #15 of 184 Quick Bites in Bangkok
Cuisines: Thai
Neighbourhood: Pathum Wan
Neighbourhood: Pathum Wan
Reviewed 9 September 2016 via mobile

The bread is always fresh . I always order the toast as well as steamed bread with coconut Kaya and coconut Kaya . These are my must-order . The Kaya is not too sweet and it is very fresh. The expiry date is 2 days. The bread is not exceptionally delicious but the freshness wins me over.

Warm Thai tea and warm fresh milk are sold in cute plastic bottles. They are a good accompaniment to the toast and steamed bread . The eatery sells many takeaway food items. The queue may not be super duper long but the eatery is always filled with people . You have to wait for short while to get a table.

I read that they have another branch at the Old Town area .

Date of visit: September 2016

Reviewed 19 August 2016

This outlet at MBK Shopping Center has tables and chairs for about 30-people. Their toasts are spread with butter and coconut-egg jam and other kinds to your preference. Their milk are fresh and you can have a choice of hot or iced, either plain or with chocolate etc. I recommend this outlet for a snack meal when shopping at the mall.

Date of visit: February 2016
Reviewed 19 August 2016

Coconut cream custard is something I grew up with. Only I have always known it as kaya. Some call it coconut jam. But it really is a custard because the egg sets the other ingredients.
I chanced on Mont Nom Sod many years back while wandering through MBK and was looking for a small bite to tide me over till dinner. What attracted me was the idea of dipping chunks of steamed bread into a bowl of kaya.
The bread was light, a bit like marshmallow, and dipped in kaya was delectable. The kaya is brownish but you can have one flavoured with pandanus (pandan leaf) which is green. There's peanut butter, chocolate (suspiciously like Nutella) and jam. You can order a serve of steamed bread or toast, or a just a slice.
A variety of drink are also available; coffee, tea, milk, herbal, and rosella, among others. If, like me, you don't like you drinks too sweet, ask them to leave off the syrup. And to leave out some of the ice.
The staff have enough English to take your order and they are helpful and patient.
Mont Nom Sod opens at 11.30 and there us sometimes a small crowd outside,

Reviewed 14 August 2016 via mobile

Saw this place as we walked past on our 1st day day at MBK and remarked to the family that we must try it. Glad that we did. Really busy now on Sunday as everyone is having afternoon tea.

We had the toast with coconut custard (pandan) and condensed milk with hot milk tea (without sugar). Total - 95baht. It's a win. Toast was crispy on the outside and heavenly soft in the middle.
Tea was fragrant. Nice break from all the coffee we have been having for the past 3 days.

Will definitely visit again.

Reviewed 31 July 2016 via mobile

There is no preservative in their food and milk here, so everything is freshly made daily and if u wish to buy them home, u need to eat it up within 3 days. I always order the tea or coffee with LESS SUGAR, which is already pretty sweet. Toasted bread with the Coconut paste or Custards are equally awesome, so u have an excuse to try both... Or more....

1  Thank Choowai