“Good Thai food with Chinese influence”

May Kaidee Tanao - Vegetarian Restaurant
Ranked #296 of 15,049 Restaurants in Bangkok
Price range: S$4 - S$7
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Neighbourhood: Phra Nakhon
Description: We offer a menu of over 50 Thai vegetarian and vegan dishes, including Tom Yam soup, Pad Thai, green curry, Isaan recipes, stir fry and cold food such as our famous fresh spring rolls.
Reviewed 21 June 2016

A very homely and welcoming place along Tanao Road, where you can find at least 3 other vegetarian eateries. The food is yummy and satisfying, but nothing super extraordinary. Also, as a Chinese, I liked that the Thai food here has a lot of Chinese influence, especially in the fried rice and rice soup. Yum!

Date of visit: June 2016

Reviewed 25 May 2016

The food here is really good and not bad value for money; the staff are very friendly and polite, and overall I would definitely recommend it for a quick bite to eat. The only down side is that it's kind of brightly lit and a bit shabby looking, so not very conducive to the kind of slow, cosy meal out I like.

Date of visit: May 2016
Reviewed 30 April 2016 via mobile

Best veg thai-food i've tried in Thailand! Good prices and friendly staff. Highly recommend everyone to go here if you're in Bangkok! At saturdays, 6 pm, they serve a really nice buffé (all u can eat for 159 thb).

Reviewed 26 April 2016

I've been coming to May Kaidee's for about six years now , and i'm always so impressed with their food ! They combine Thai flavors and vegetarian cuisine like no other . The prices are so reasonable , it makes trying other places hard to do , however I'll occasionally give another place a try , and like a magnet i'll return home to May Kaidee's every time .
This recent trip i got turned on to the carrot salad and just can't get enough of it . I'll be sure to buy the cookbook and re create it back at home. I also love the pumpkin humus ( so distinctly original ) and their Pad Thai is the it should be ( not sweet ) just yummy ! Another favorite is their green curry . What can i say , everything I've tried is a big hit . hey have two locations in Bangkok , and one in Chaing Mai as well . Both offer a amazing cooking class that i've taken 3 times .
May Kaidee's will soon be opening in NYC ! what a treat for the Big Apple , sure to be a big hit there as well ...... peace johnny o

2  Thank johnospace
Reviewed 11 April 2016

I like the food there. There is a great selection of vegetarian dishes. They serve just the kind of food I like to eat. Vegetarian, vegan, and with very good taste. I even choose a hotel nearby when I am in Bangkok so that I can go to eat there everyday. And that is a bit of a sacrifice, because the Restaurant is at the far end of Khao San Road (behind Burger King). And Khao San Road is not a nice place to be. But the food at May Kaidee is worth it. The second Restaurant of May Kaidee in Samsen Road has only a very small selection. If you want to get “the real thing” you have to visit this place.