“A little less than perfect Tom Yum. Worth the trip!”
Review of P’Aor

P’Aor
Ranked #354 of 11,633 Restaurants in Bangkok
Cuisines: Thai
Neighbourhood: Siam
Neighbourhood: Siam
Reviewed 28 July 2017

This place was difficult to park so we had to walk into a busy small street and to my surprise there were a lot of street food there that you can try. It seems that the area is a heavy residential area and all the hawkers are there to cater to the residential neighbourhood.

So we ordered the super large bowl tom yum with lobster, instant noodle and kwe tiau. It was 3pm and the place was half full wow. Must be good. Sure enough when the bowl arrived we were all excited with big smiles. We took our chopsticks dug into the humongous bowl. Yes yes. It was really good.

The soup had a distinct tom yum taste that is not very common. Its sour just like the way i like but it was just too milky for me. We were at another tom yum place yesterday at JJ Market and I just had to compare it with this. Otherwise this would have been the best on my trip to Bangkok this time around.

Anyhow. I would recommend you guys to try this place as it is truly an experience. Just make sure you are not alone so you can order the super large serving bowl.

Reviewed 12 July 2017 via mobile

Been to Bangkok countless of times but here, this is my first. Of course while in Thailand the iconic flavour is 'Tom Yum' and what would it be not to try one of the best? Googled 'Seafood Tom Yum' and first on the page was the name 'Pe Aor' with pictures of a giant lobster right at the center of the bowl.

While getting there, I had to google map the place because it isn't some large shop that's easily seen. The place was situated in some kind of alley/thai neighbourhood so don't expect some high class fancy restaurant.

Was greeted by the staffs with wide smiles and though not very fluent in english, they try their best. What you get depends on the price options. It is quite expensive honestly but since I was there it was a 'might as well' thing.

Ordered the second most expensive bowl of noodles which came with 2 servings of salmon, mussels, stuffed crab, ramen egg, a whole lobster, stuffed squid and my choice of noodles (I chose spinach). Did not regret it a single bit. The seafood may be the luxurious attraction to the dish but the soup is the unforgettable one. It had right balance of flavours, not too spicy or sour yet rich and light. The staff love it when you share about them and aren't afraid to help check you in on instagram or facebook if you have no idea how to find the thai name of the place.

I would definitely visit again.

1  Thank Nikki A
Reviewed 8 July 2017 via mobile

Walked to the restaurant from the nearest train station which is about 15 minutes, waited for another 20-30 minutes in line, & another 10 minutes after ordering our food.
Cost for 2 of us is about 1300 baht with 2 drinks (forgot the exact amount).
Took a sip of the broth.. the flavour exploded in my mouth like a grenade.
Staff are friendly when I visited despite a heavy crowd, walking around to make sure all are well taken care of. While I was in the queue, some clowns wanna cut my line, but were told off by the staff which made my day :)
No worries about your broth turning cold as there are constantly being fill up. Apart from their main dish, I recommend their lemon grass drink.

Reviewed 5 July 2017

The Tom Yam Kung with Prawns was really good. My family also ordered the crab meat roll which tasted so yummy accompanied with a cool lemon grass drink.Staff is friendly and the place is comfortable even after eating the Tom Yum which is not so spicy. Good place to go!

Reviewed 7 June 2017 via mobile

We tried the jumbo size lobster tom yam. It includes Squid , Salmon and crab. Actually we shared it with 5people. So the price is not effect to us. Other than lobster, still can get with other prawn. There is also some rice meal as well.