Chillax Resort
  • Pool
Diamond House(Bangkok)
Tara Place(Bangkok)
1,791 results
All reviewsjacuzzi bathrooftop poolkhao san roadgrand palacegreat hotelbars and restaurantssmall balconyminute walkfree upgradestayed here for two nightstuk tukwalking distancethai massagethe hotel is cleancouple of nightsair conloved this hotel
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Great location for the Khaosan Rd Songkran celebration but like others said - there really isn’t much else around. The hotel is a bit worn down but the rooms are comfy. The weird red lighting and the massive jacuzzi gives it a love hotel feel but luckily didn’t see any of that type of dodginess around. It’s about 20 minutes away from the general nightlife areas (this is with holiday traffic) and of course, the typical robbery of non-metered taxis so prices are anywhere from 200-400 THB one way. Didn’t eat at the hotel so I can’t comment on the quality of the food, my friends who did said it was quite pricey for mediocre food. All in all a decent stay but I don’t think I would return as it’s not close to much.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 April 2018

This was our second hotel in Bangkok and third overall and it was disappointing after reading previous reviews. Our room was small in comparison to the others. There really wasn't much room to move about. Although there was a spa bath there we didn't use it because the water didn't drain properly from the shower or the hand basin so that was a bit of a concern. The room was clean enough but there was a slightly damp musty odour - I think it was in the curtains. Average housekeeping. The mini bar wasn't topped up daily and where I spilled some coffee creamer on the shelf, it was still there when we came back later. The pool was really good. There's a bar there so you can get a drink and relax poolside. We would have eaten at the hotel restaurant a second time if we hadn't been deliberately overcharged the first time. It was definitely intentional. I got charged for three drinks rather than two. When I asked about it I was told he thought he heard me say that I wanted a drink to take to my room. That was rubbish. I hadn't even been chatting to the staff. They knew they were caught out and refunded my money but there was no way we were going back after that. So, beware and watch you bill if you eat there. There is a drain near the front of the hotel and the smell outside is awful - not all the time but most of the time. Smells like raw sewage. Overall an underwhelming stay.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank LnG270
Reviewed 11 April 2018 via mobile

I could not sleep because of the noisy air conditioner,,, at 5 am I asked to see a more quite room. Receptionist first wanted to explain that I need to pay for a extra room because I refused to wake up my kids that were sleeping in the current room and she can not give me another room to sleep in for free.

I said OK, first I want to see the room. I said she can give a smaller room,any room as long as it is quite. I asked her to give me to see two or three rooms to choose from and she said it was too late do she will give me only one room to see.

I went to see the other room, that was also noisy since the generator of the Ac of the neighbours is right outside the window that is near the bed room.

I wish I could upload a video review for people to see the generator outside the window

Otherwise... The rooms are fine and in good condition.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 April 2018 via mobile

Mediocre place with mediocre food and service. The only good thing was the bath tub in the room. Otherwise there isn’t really anything notable. At one point we ordered a porridge as I wasn’t feeling well from the restaurant below, it was the most salty tasting porridge I’ve ever tried. Stopped after 2 mouthfuls. The staff also could not understand the word porridge or congee in English... so... maybe a 2 night stay at most.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 April 2018 via mobile

I visited Chillax as a start to my travels of South East Asia to ease me in gently. Lovely hotel and very friendly staff however the gym was very basic and the swimming pool area was a little run down. The rooms however were outstanding, very spacious and very comfortable beds. Great start to my travels, and a bit of luxury before heading into hostels!

Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo