“Nice clean hotel, great breakfast, dark room”
Review of Chinatown Hotel

Chinatown Hotel
Ranked #455 of 890 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 7 December 2016 via mobile

Our stay was great.
We only booked for 2 nights, and planned to check other hotels for the rest of our stay.
After our first night we extended the booking for the rest of our stay in Bangkok.

Very friendly and helpful people at the reception. Spacious room with a decent bathroom and toilet.
The breakfast buffet was awesome, good Thai breakfast with every day something different.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 2 December 2016

After the last responded a very bad exp with them... decided to go one more round to see their services....the room dont looks ok but acceptable for a cheap room within that area where the best spot within the town! Aircon best cold enough but was dripping on the very first 2 hours when we stepped in....but repair within time ...

Room Tip: book corner room.. facing the street
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 November 2016

This hotel is well located as a base for exploration of Yaowarat (Chinatown) area. The price is friendly but/because the hotel is rather aged. However it's clean enough.

The room is equipped with the usual amenities, including an in-room safe and a mini bar - not bad for the price.

The shower was adequate (very important in Bangkok) even though the hot water mixer is not the best. The aircon was noisy but works well enough.

I won't say the hotel is ideal as a base for exploration of Bangkok since it's a bit of a walk to the nearest train/subway/BTS station. Plenty of taxi on Yaowarat road if you prefer that, and if you have the patience to deal with those who refuse to use the meter in order to make a few more bucks off you. Many taxi drivers we met used the excuse that traffic in and out of Yaowarat is always busy hence they don't want to use the meter.

We had the room without breakfast because we preferred to try what the locals have for breakfast bought on the street. So I can't comment on the quality or value there, but I'll do the same again if I ever stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 September 2016

I spend a lot of time choosing my hotel before I travel and I wasn't disappointed with this one. Location is everything for me: walking distance to places of interest, the train system and good food options. The room is a good size, as is the bathroom and everything works, A small bar fridge to keep your supplies in plus tea/coffee making in room. I often work or write while I'm away and my room had a good desk and handy power point. I was always happy to come back to Chinatown district and my hotel at the end of each day. Even my room was near the front of the building and overlooked the street, the traffic noise was not noticeable. Best of all are the street markets right outside the door with great food to try.

Room Tip: I chose the mid-range room, not the cheapest or most expensive and it was great. I was on the 5th fl...
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
2  Thank Jenny P
Reviewed 11 August 2016

Arrived 2 days ago as a stop over before moving onto Koh Samui. Nice enough hotelin the centre of chinatown. Staff were friendly and welcoming. The hotel itself is clean and our room was cleaned everyday even though we were only here for 2 nights. Room we had was basic but just what we needed to be honest.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple