“Tha Best Maxican restaurant in BKK”

Sunrise Tacos Terminal 21
Ranked #46 of 13,739 Restaurants in Bangkok
Price range: US$3 - US$9
Cuisines: Mexican
Neighbourhood: Asoke
Description: Are you looking for a Mexican restaurant in Bangkok? Missing the spicy and scrumptious Mexican food? Don’t worry anymore, we are here to help you. Many feel we are the best Mexican restaurant in Bangkok. Living in Bangkok has been a dream come true for Mexican lovers. For most of the people, Mexican food is comfort food. The food is delicious and sophisticated. There plenty of Mexican restaurants in Bangkok that provide delicious Mexican food but some stand out like Sunrise Tacos
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

It is very traditional Mexican restaurant. The menu has a nice selection to choose from, the portion are very large, reasonable prices, friendly place and good service. If you looking for best Maxican food in town go to " SUNRISE "

Date of visit: March 2021
Greg L, Owner at Sunrise Tacos Terminal 21, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Wow! Thanks for such a great review. I’m so happy to see that you enjoyed our wonderful Mexican menu, our two chefs both come from Mexico and they have worked hard to bring the flavors of home to Bangkok. Thanks for visiting! Greg, owner Sunrise tacos

Write a reviewReviews (2,051)

Reviewed 8 March 2021

Living in San Diego, Calif. I always loved Mexican food. I've been from one end to the other many times in Mexico. I've been living in Phuket for 15 years and I yearn for quality Mexican food. At last I've found it. I can't begin to tell you how much I appreciate eating at your restaurant. Over the years I've tried many of your dishes. Everyone of them were excellent. And then to top it off try the pecan or cherry pie. Fantastic! I've never found pie this good in Thailand.

Date of visit: March 2021

Thanks for visiting and the great review. Our quesadillas are very popular, glad you enjoyed it! Greg, Owner Sunrise Tacos

Reviewed 6 March 2021

Excellent friendly dinner at the table the cute jim, wide choice of Mexican specialties, adequate account in a commercial complex.

Date of visit: March 2021

Thank you for the great review, I’m glad to hear you enjoyed our wide variety of Mexican dishes. I’ll be sure and let Pi Jim know of your kind words, Greg, Owner Sunrise Tacos

Reviewed 4 March 2021 via mobile

I’m a Texan and I know TexMex and CalMex. This place is awesome highly recommended. Friendly staff. Ate here three times in three days, Taco Salad and Build Your Own Bowl x2. Bien Mak! Arroy Mak! Delicious! I will be back!

Date of visit: March 2021

Thanks! I know our two Mexican chefs will be glad to hear that you enjoyed your meal and found the food authentic. Thanks for being such a regular customer! Greg, Owner Sunrise Tacos

Reviewed 3 March 2021

I'm sorry, but this is NOT Mexican food and people who think it is, I really feel sorry for you that you haven't tasted what legit Mexican food taste like. Mexican is not bland and boring as it is from this place. Seriously, stop calling yourselves a Mexican resturant serving Mexican food. I was born and raised in sourthen Ca and eat Mexican almost everyday of my life. Not only eating throughout LA, OC and SD, but so many times during my surf trips to Mexico, I lost count.
I have tried to give them the benefit and have tried it many times, but this time, I have to speak out, because I literally feel like I'm lighting my money on fire. This time I tried their Birria tacos and let me be polite, they were bad, I mean BAD, like as in the worst I've ever had and that if you served this in Mexico or anywhere in Ca, you would be laughed out of the room and would be out of business in a sec. The meat had zero flavor, the corn tortilla had the texture as if they were a year old and the consume was flat and bland as a cup of water. Plus, NO cheese, who doesn't put cheese on a Birria Taco? Don't get me started on their salsa.
Stop calling your bland food Mexican food, you are giving it a bad name. So, soo, sooo bad. For those that think this is good, I feel sorry for you as well.

Date of visit: March 2021
Greg L, Owner at Sunrise Tacos Terminal 21, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2021

Sometimes people don’t like our food. It happens and we try to make it right.

However when someone attacks us with the wrong facts, then we must set the record straight. If you lived in Mexico or California then you know two types of birria tacos. One with the meat, cilantro and onions and the tortilla is half grilled with chili oil. These are Mexican street tacos. A search on Google images will show this to be the case. The menu states this as well, no cheese. This is what you read or may of ordered. The second type is what is called Birria QuesaTacos. Quesa meaning cheese. These are fried in chili oil on the grill with cheese on top of the meat and cilantro and onions. These Birria tacos all are with cheese. These are the bomb.

As for the Consomé, group of five Mexicans ( two being Mexican chefs ) all had it the other night. They all shouted “ Mexico “ when they had it. Hundreds of guest have had it and would laugh at this comment of cup of water. The corn tortilla is in fact freshly made nixtamal from corn kernels. The birria is slow cooked for four hours in guajillo and Pasilla chilies. It’s magical. Most every guest drinks it from the cup. It’s the best part, the consome.

Please do dine in, order the beef Quesa tacos with Consomé. If it’s not like California or Mexico, you won’t be charged ever for your dish.

Every person I know that has grown up in the same area as you, the Consomé and QuesaTacos is identical or even better.

As for your review. You are entitled to your opinion even if you were a competitor or friend of one. However, it’s insulting to other reviewers to question their taste and comments. Anyone that taste our birria will know these comments you made are far from reality. That’s life as not all views are the same and some are outright frivolous.

This sums it up well. A guy who grew up in the USA in the Mexican food business. His dad owns three Mexican restaurants there. "I had the pleasure of eating at Sunrise Tacos and having Birria Tacos. Honestly guys, the tacos were great but their consommé is ridiculously tasty. The layers of flavoring from the beef and the guajillo chiles is insane. This broth isn’t a bouillon cube mixed with water. This is authentic beef broth stewed for hours, resulting in one of the best Birrias I’ve ever tasted. Thank you Greg!"