“a great sanctuary in the heart of Bangkok's wild side”

Asia Herb Association Spa Auberge Eugenia
Ranked #484 of 894 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 28 November 2013

The Eugenia offers a very quiet, comfortable, and outrageously friendly B&B atmosphere in the midst of Bangkok's crazy Sukhumvit neighborhood. You are within walking distance of endless street markets, shopping, and nightlife of every persuasion and preference, if that is your scene. But, if you prefer the quieter side of life, or if you just need a place to recover after your treks through the urban jungle, the Eugenia is a great choice. It's located on a very quiet side street, reasonably close to the sky train and subway - maybe a 15 minute walk, or you can get any of the guys hanging around outside with motorbikes to run you over to the skytrain in about 5 minutes. It also offers some great services to help you recover from what Bangkok does to you. The hotel is primarily a spa, and offers some very interesting massage and bodywork options. The prices for these spa services are pretty steep, and way above what the nearby little massage shops charge, but the quality is also many notches above what you will get in these little street shops. Mostly, this is just a great place to recover from whatever else you are doing with yourself in Bangkok. If you are not into giant, sterile, this-could-be-anywhere high rise hotels, then the Eugenia is definitely a place to consider. I am periodically in Bangkok for work and the Eugenia will be my first choice for a place to stay on future visits.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the pool - quieter, larger, and more romantic (in case you are traveling...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Eugenia-HM, General Manager at Asia Herb Association Spa Auberge Eugenia, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2013

Dear Vincenzot,

Thank you for your wonderful review!

We are so happy to know that you have enjoyed during stay at The Eugenia. The team is delighted to know that the products and service was up to your standard. I have passed this on to my team to encourage them to continue striving for greater service.

The team and I wish you all the best and hope that we can serve you again in the near future.

Reviewed 6 November 2013

We had one night at the Eugenia and thought it was a lovely setting, tucked away in a quiet Bangkok St. We had planned to go out for dinner but decided to make the most of the pretty dining room at the hotel. The food was ok but it was more the setting that we liked. Breakfast was very pleasant. The rooms was nicely appointed with a comfortable bed. Bathroom is a bit basic but this is due to the age of the building more than anything. The room had lovely fruit and biscuits laid out on arrival which was a nice touch. I think it would have been best if we had had a bit more time to enjoy relaxing by the pool and try the spa which looked nice. If you are keen on experiencing the colonial buildings of asia then it makes a nice change from mainstream hotels. We loved the old cars out the front.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear ECP444,

Thank you for your nice review!

We are so happy to know that you have enjoyed staying at The Eugenia. The team is delighted to know that the products and service was up to your standard. I have passed this on to my team to encourage them to continue striving for greater service.

Reviewed 26 October 2013

I had a wonderful 4D3N stay at The Eugenia Hotel! From the meticulous furnishings to the helpful and friendly staffs, everything was so amazing! This colonial style hotel is situated inside of Sukhumvit Soi 31 with many interesting cafes along the soi like Simple Natural Kitchen and Appia Italian Restaurant. I am blown away by the efforts they put into the decorations and interior, each part of the hotel is picturesque and visually attractive. I would love to hold my wedding here in the future!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Dear AlisonLim,

Reviewed 29 August 2013 via mobile

I did not stay at The Eugenia, but as I was walking around Sukhumvit I stumbled upon it and decided to check it out. I was captivated immediately by the colonial chic decor. Since I was not exactly smartly dressed I was a bit taken aback by the elegance of the place and was not sure to feel comfortable there even for just a drink. Immediately, an extremely polite lady invited me to enjoy the pool area and have a drink there. She also said that I was most welcome to have lunch at their restaurant, which I obviously did. Very good food at reasonable prices. Very attentive staff. I enjoyed every minute of three or four hours that I spent there. True luxury.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Josepfrombcn

Dear Jocepfrombcn,

Thank you for your wonderful review!

No matter what you are our hotel guest or not, we will provide the best.

We are so happy to know that you have enjoyed our place, as well as the food and beverage at The Eugenia. The team is delighted to know that the products and service was up to your standard. I have passed this on to my team to encourage them to continue striving for greater service.

Reviewed 20 August 2013

i love the design of the toilet door. we tried HI TEA set but pretty small. the scones in the siam hotel better. the room bed is classy fashioned. the dining experience was perfect. the garden so so. the collection of vintages car make this hotel looks very sweet from outside. the pool are prettty bad looks like nobody want to swim there

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Krishna,

Thank you very much for your review!

I note your satisfaction with our service, hotel’s facilities and I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is always encouraging for us to learn that our guests are satisfied with our services as it is what we strive for everyday.

Please rest assured that your complimentary comments will not create complacency, instead you have inspired us to maintain our level of service for valuable guests like yourself.

It was certainly a pleasure for us to be at your service and we all look forward to welcoming you again soon to The Eugenia Hotel and Spa.