All reviews garden suite gay hotel barracks room sauna facilities foam party spa area shared bathroom breakfast is served excellent breakfast standard room nice pool tuk tuk bulgari baht penthouse silom luxury
Reviewed 22 March 2017

I can say, without any exaggeration, that my stay at the Babylon was the worst travel experience of my life. My partner, too, felt similarly about this property.

First, the worst part of our experience was that we woke up on the final day of our stay with red welts all over our bodies. I did some research online, and a few websites mentioned that bed bugs bite in rows of three, which matched the bites on our skin. I don’t make such accusations lightly. We complained to the front desk clerk and showed the maids the insects that we discovered underneath our mattress. They claimed that they were termites, but termites don’t bite!

When we went downstairs, the front desk clerk offered to move us to an unoccupied room for the few hours we had left, but there was no offer of financial compensation or even a free lunch at the hotel. The hotel even made us pay to get all our clothes laundered privately (we were worried about taking bed bugs back home with us). To top it all off, the bellhop who brought our bags to our new temporary room was waiting around for a tip! The treatment we received was just abominable.

Our problems with this property started even before we arrived. My partner received an e-mail telling us that we had booked a “Youth Rate,” and, consequently, we would be required to pay a higher rate after we had already paid one night’s deposit. My partner did not see a “Youth Rate” on the website, so we complained. Only after complaining did Babylon agree to the lower rate, saying something about technical problems on their end.

As for the facilities, they are dark and gloomy, and the food at the restaurant is terrible. The whole operation is a big mess, and they are only concerned with bleeding as much money from their customers as they can.

Please have a look at my other reviews to see that I am a very experienced and fair reviewer.

Babylon Bangkok should be avoided at all costs.

Date of stay: February 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
19  Thank hkyd
Reviewed 17 March 2017 via mobile

I have stayed at Babylon many times since it opened. This time I chose a garden suite and was extremely comfortable. The staff are very attentive and the best fresh breakfast . One exception the staff in the bar inside the sauna area were more interested in food and there mobile phones to notice I may need a drink. In the past you were attended to as soon as you sat down.
All up I would recommend staying here it's home away from home for the gay community.

Date of stay: March 2017
1  Thank robert s
Reviewed 15 March 2017

Very pleasant and comfortable place. Very nice swimming pool in a tropical garden, bars, restaurant... For sleeping, I recommend the suites in the garden. Very nice spacious suites with living room and private terrace. Refined oriental decoration.

Room tip: Bulgari suite is the best
Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Olivier C
Reviewed 22 February 2017 via mobile

Been here a few times. Every time I have visited, I have enjoyed myself but find the place needs more maintenance. I would go back because of its reputation but was disappointed with hotel not being updated or maintained.

Date of stay: April 2016
Reviewed 12 February 2017 via mobile

Visitors in here almost are white gays. Not simply Whites, but everyones as well. You can talk with friendly friend from all around the world. Different cultures, different ethnics, different religions but we are human same. Women not always match with men, men can be friend together.

Date of stay: February 2017