“Awesome Experience”
Review of Babylon Bangkok

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bangkok
Babylon Bangkok
Ranked #109 of 753 Bangkok B&B and Inns
Reviewed 27 March 2017

Staying at Babylon Hotel has been an incredible experience. I did my research prior to my travel and thank each and every one for their reviews. Whatever stated was fully true and I had no regrets opting to stay at this hotel. The reception staff - Tom and her buddy were very helpful and always on the go. Breakfast was decent enough and one could find a great mix of people at the breakfast table to interact.

The sauna and the spa are a great place to meet and interact with people from all over the world, not forgetting the area near the swimming pool. However, i got to be honest to say that some have their personal preference and refuse to smile or acknowledge a fellow buddy at the spa. Perhaps everyone is forthcoming and can at least greet and say a warm hello as you bump into one another.

A little note of caution to everyone using the sauna facilities: Please do not pass your locker key to any stranger. Do not give your personal details. Refrain from bringing lots of currency notes and credit cards. Be polite and behave professional. Let us accept everyone for who they are and not pass any remarks. If you do not like someone, then just move away from them politely. These are some obvious observations during my visit.

A perfect gay hotel for gays and one must visit this hotel at least once in your life time.

Cheers

Room Tip: All rooms are of the same type.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
4  Thank Hariharan D

Reviewed 22 March 2017

I can say, without any exaggeration, that my stay at the Babylon was the worst travel experience of my life. My partner, too, felt similarly about this property.

First, the worst part of our experience was that we woke up on the final day of our stay with red welts all over our bodies. I did some research online, and a few websites mentioned that bed bugs bite in rows of three, which matched the bites on our skin. I don’t make such accusations lightly. We complained to the front desk clerk and showed the maids the insects that we discovered underneath our mattress. They claimed that they were termites, but termites don’t bite!

When we went downstairs, the front desk clerk offered to move us to an unoccupied room for the few hours we had left, but there was no offer of financial compensation or even a free lunch at the hotel. The hotel even made us pay to get all our clothes laundered privately (we were worried about taking bed bugs back home with us). To top it all off, the bellhop who brought our bags to our new temporary room was waiting around for a tip! The treatment we received was just abominable.

Our problems with this property started even before we arrived. My partner received an e-mail telling us that we had booked a “Youth Rate,” and, consequently, we would be required to pay a higher rate after we had already paid one night’s deposit. My partner did not see a “Youth Rate” on the website, so we complained. Only after complaining did Babylon agree to the lower rate, saying something about technical problems on their end.

As for the facilities, they are dark and gloomy, and the food at the restaurant is terrible. The whole operation is a big mess, and they are only concerned with bleeding as much money from their customers as they can.

Please have a look at my other reviews to see that I am a very experienced and fair reviewer.

Babylon Bangkok should be avoided at all costs.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
15  Thank hkyd
Reviewed 17 March 2017 via mobile

I have stayed at Babylon many times since it opened. This time I chose a garden suite and was extremely comfortable. The staff are very attentive and the best fresh breakfast . One exception the staff in the bar inside the sauna area were more interested in food and there mobile phones to notice I may need a drink. In the past you were attended to as soon as you sat down.
All up I would recommend staying here it's home away from home for the gay community.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank robert s
Reviewed 15 March 2017

Very pleasant and comfortable place. Very nice swimming pool in a tropical garden, bars, restaurant... For sleeping, I recommend the suites in the garden. Very nice spacious suites with living room and private terrace. Refined oriental decoration.

Room Tip: Bulgari suite is the best
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Olivier C
Reviewed 22 February 2017 via mobile

Been here a few times. Every time I have visited, I have enjoyed myself but find the place needs more maintenance. I would go back because of its reputation but was disappointed with hotel not being updated or maintained.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled solo