Babylon Bangkok
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Room Service
View Hotel
All reviewsgarden suitegay hotelbarracks roomthe penthousesauna facilitiescommunal showersbreakfast tablespa areashared bathroomlarge poolcleaning staffstandard roomtuk tukbulgarisilombahtluxury
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

This is a gay venue and it is quite well known internationally. Now, the website does not specify this, but if you are not totally naive, you should get this from the kind of images provided on the website. Do not expect happy families to illustrate this venue, the images provided are of hunky men having a good time together. I booked into the Barracks and I got what I paid for. The Barracks are quite basic, bunks and some storage. Some rooms have bigger beds and also a minibar. Mine did not, but I was able to cope anyway. We have to be honest, if you book at The Babylon, you won't spend much time in your room; the main feature of the venue is the sauna.
The sauna is really nice, different wet and dry saunas, a nice pool, showers and spa. Cleanness is often an issue in these kind of venues, but The Babylon was really clean, including rooms and shared areas. Overall really well kept.
Breakfast was fine, but nothing too flashy. I had my meals at the restaurant in the sauna; being a vegetarian the selection was limited, but I did fine for the two days I stayed there.
In terms of clientele, it was really diverse. Many tourists as you would expect. On Saturday evening was packed. Being a gay venue with shared facilities, you might see patrons enjoying themselves on your way to the toilet at nighttime.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Mirko G
Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

First we checked in the Babylon barracks hotel then had dinner and got invited by the owner to use the sauna and spa. Then we found out that the hotel and spa is a gay male sex club but it didn't say so when we checked in. Terrible dirty sleazy mediocre food bad service

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
6  Thank 387georgew
Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

We had a great room near the garden area. Staff where awesome..breakfast terrible. So skipped that and went to eateries near by. Private members only pool and bar area for gay men only. Close to city and china town.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AffrianderChef
Reviewed 17 August 2017

I enjoyed my one night stay at Babylon. I know it was enjoyable because I booked a BVLGARI suite. I don't think the standard rooms with the common showers and toilets are good. My room has a very nice view, and it has its special garden that is shared with the other 3 suits in that area.
I woke up the next day with no water in room. The problem was not fixed until i checked out at 1:30pm! but that wasn't a big problem. As a solo traveler I used the common shower and toilet at the sauna area.
I enjoyed sitting at the bar right to the entrance. Roj the waiter was very friendly. He began working for Babylon 17 years ago when he was just 15 years old.
I had a mixed-style massage (cost 800 Bahts). It was good. A serious business, not like the stupid massage you get by the girls who have no experience and all they wanted is some extra money to give you a "happy ending".

Stayed: August 2017
Reviewed 8 August 2017

We needed a one-night stay in Bangkok, and decided to stay here after a friend's recommendation. We were pleasantly surprised at the very decent and inexpensive room. The restaurant was a good place to eat after a long day of travel, and the rest of the resort was fun. My only complaint is that the website and reservations form did not state that a large barracks room did not have bathroom en suite. We had to use the shared bathroom and showers, but it was fine.

Room Tip: Ensure your reserved room has a private bathroom if this is important to you.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple