“good hotel with a great breakfast”

Avana Bangkok Hotel
Ranked #651 of 866 Hotels in Bangkok
Darmstadt, Germany
“good hotel with a great breakfast”
Reviewed 3 February 2012

It is my second time to stay in Avana Hotel. The first time somebody else booked to room for me. It was a very nice room (I guess it was the modern deluxe room). The second time I book a deluxe room. This one seemed to be a little bit old, but it was still ok.
One thing I love most of the hotel is the breakfast. It is really good.
You can walk to the mall (around 1,5km) or take a motorbike or a taxi (I payed only 1 Euro for a taxi). One time the shuttle bus of the hotel took me for free to the mall, while it was going to the airport to pick up some guests. Going to downtown is a little bit far - if you want to see Bangkok I would recommend you to stay somewhere else. The airport is around 30km (actually it is much closer, but using the highways is far). There is internet in the rooms, but you have to pay for it.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Reviewed 12 January 2012

we stayed there for2night and there is the first place that worse than anyother place.staff unhelpful and room is dirty cus full of bird's crabb at the balcony,aircon smelly and room quiet old room..curtain very dirty.first day when we arrived nobodt inform us that free tuktuk service.nextday we asked bellservice to drop us at entrance but they said nodriver!!check out date we ask again to drop us at entrance but nodriver again.nominibar setup in the freezer but front desk staff asked did we used minibar?whats a funny!!..you guy need to improve otherwise you'll lost your customer!!!

• Stayed January 2012
1 Thank meandmyozziebf

Travellers are raving about these Bangkok hotels

San Francisco Bay Area
Reviewed 24 December 2011

The hotel is a good value & is very comfortable. I stayed there a whole week & the service was always perfect. The hotel is large, but is tucked away from the main road, so it is very quiet. The room is large. When you need a taxi have the guys at the desk help you, they will call a cab & make sure the driver knows where you are going, and there is no extra charge for this. The hotel is across the freeway from Central Bangna Mall. This mall is wonderful & probably has anything you might need while you are in Bangkok. I took a cab to get there & it took about 40 minutes because of traffic! Next time I walked & it was a pleasant 15 minutes! To walk to the mall, walk down to the service road in front of the hotel, then turn left walking against the one way traffic. You will come to a walking bridge that takes you over the freeway, walk over & there you are. There is a nice modern grocery store next to the mall. To get back to the hotel, walk back across the bridge, then have the policeman there wave a taxi, or continue walking. When you tell the driver where you are going, accent the last syllable AvanA or they will probably not understand you.

Room Tip: I had the basic room, it is big and OK, but a bit on the old side. I believe they have newer nicer...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
5 Thank kevinled
Uxbridge
Reviewed 18 November 2011

A modern very big hotel, that was great for a one night stop over. Rooms were spacious, modern and clean. Staff were friendly and efficient and restaurant food was surprisingly good for hotel food. However, the hotel was big and had little character, so find for a short stay, but not a long stay place in my opinion.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MontyFriendsAbroad
Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
Reviewed 14 August 2011

The hotel was like 2 hours away from the downtown centre, however it is what we need. We find it very convenient for us to go to BITEC to attend our 3 days convention, within walking distance (about 15 mins walk). The stay was acceptable, the room we had came with a small kitchenette too ^^ The front counter doesn't speak English, I happened to help them handling two Chinese Customers (I think their are from China), and the front desk lady then gave me an hour free access to internet as a token of appreciation :)

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
5 Thank Adel_K0413
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bangkok
1.0 km away
3.5 km away
Maple Hotel
Maple Hotel
#424 of 866 in Bangkok

Been to Avana Bangkok Hotel? Share your experiences!