“Could work , but needs a push !”
Review of Savelberg Thailand

Savelberg Thailand
Ranked #12 of 11,485 Restaurants in Bangkok
Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: SAVELBERG THAILAND A true destination for culinary experience. Savelberg is a gourmet French restaurant that sets a benchmark for absolute quality of dining in Thailand with complete luxury in details.
Reviewed 8 July 2015

During the dinner last night, we had to listen to Bruno Mars. Quite heavy up town funk music. I would sugest to play Tiesto,Armin van Buuren or Martin Garrix next time also.

You do not expect this music style to be played in such restaurant.
I realy enjoy Bruno Mars but in a different setting and we did later that night at the DJ Station (bar disco) Silom road
I found the decoration of the restaurant not cozy enough.
The small hanging led lights where disturbing my eye, I would have preferred some candle light at the table and some more dimmed atmosphere and ofcoures in combination with some relaxing lounge music. ( see lobby of Oriental residences next door to this restaurant)
(The four legs of my dinning chair were moving and soon that chair will collapse)( the chairs are not comfortable)
An area for smokers would be nice, now we had to go for a smoke on the street.

Food and service were pleasant.

We(two pax) paid around 16000 baht for and eight course dinner experience. ( this is incl 8 drinks)( wines to match every course) Riesling with our lobster, champagne to go with our oyster, a red light bourgone with our sole fish. Some of the drinks were ok some of them were not. The Riesling was good, the Sauvigon Blanc was ok and the port served with the old Dutch chees good. Some other desert wines served were not so nice.

All in all a nice experience , I am afraid that on the long run this trendy modern minimalistic( nouvelle cuisine seventeen style restaurant) will not take off in Bangkok

Hopefully I am wrong because I think with some minor changes( music and decoration wise) and the chef introducing himself to his guest(s) it then well could take off.

5 stars for the food experience BRAVO
5 stars for the service BRAVO
3,5 stars for the wines served
3.5 stars for decoration
1 stars for music choice and un-romantic not luxurious(simple)atmosphere ( maybe I am just an old grumbling 58 year old man)

I for sure can recommend this restaurant,hopefully my suggestion will be seen as help-full hints and not to criticize because we had a pleasant evening with good food and friendly service.

Savelberg T, Manager at Savelberg Thailand, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2015

Thank you so much for your time writing us reviews and comments. So glad to here you were enjoyed your meal and we would take your points for further improvement. Its very helpful. Looking forward to welcoming you again.

Best regards,

Reviewed 8 July 2015

We went here for lunch and as I walked in I immediately noticed the orange interior. For my personal taste it was a bit too much orange but it still looked nice. The staffs were friendly and helpful.
We had the 4 course menu. Everything tasted really good and flavourful in just the right amount, nothing too much. Except I had a bit disappointment with my turbot that was a bit too salty. But my boyfriend's was fine so we switched (he was okay with saltier food). I really like the dessert, it was not just pretty but also very tasty. Afterwards they served us complimentary chocolate which was really, really, really good.
Would definitely visit this place again on my next visit to Bangkok.

1  Thank Delta S

Thank you so much for your rating and review. Its very glad to hear your valued comment and the important thing that you were enjoyed. We are very happy to welcome you again and looking forward to servicing you soon.

Best regards,

Reviewed 2 July 2015 via mobile

Having been to many of the top restaurants in Asia on the San Pellegrino List, I was pleasantly surprised to come across Savelberg.

Food was spot on Michelin star standard, no different from what you get in Europe. In fact it seemed like they exported a whole michelin star restaurant, chef, menu and all and transplanted it in Bangkok!

Chef displayed a very high level of technical skill and had a deep understanding of flavours, balances, combinations and presentation/showmanship. All the elements to create a unique dining experience. Definately no amateur.

The sauces were exquisite and it was evident that alot of thought was put into it.

Being an open kitchen, you could see that the dinner service was merticulous and precise with no chaos.

Service was sharp and staff were incredibly well trained and knowledgeable. Again nothing less that that of a starred establishment.

My only personal objection was the decor of the restaurant. I was not buying the plastic orange theme. To me it felt a little too casual and much like dining in an Ikea or a canteen.

1  Thank ChefExplorer
Savelberg T, Manager at Savelberg Thailand, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2015

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. We genuinely appreciate your comments.

Reviewed 24 June 2015 via mobile

The food served at savelberg is truly delectable and worth visiting again. The ambience is really cost, ideal for dates or group events. We can see that the chef has spent good effort creating these wonderful dishes. The presentation of the dishes are so appealing , uses of ingredients are all fresh, and some are specially imported from overseas to create these dishes.Truly tasty matched with excellent service.

Thank you for your review. We have now launched a new menu. Look forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed 22 June 2015 via mobile

Steak was awesome. Desert was awesome. Staff/service was really, really awesome. Compliments to the chef(s). Thanks guys.

We are very glad you enjoyed your experience with us. If you have a chance, visit us again. We strive to offer something new to our customers all the time.

Been to Savelberg Thailand? Share your experiences!