“Family friendly - yummy local Thai food”

Savoey Restaurant The Mercury Ville
Ranked #329 of 11,378 Restaurants in Bangkok
Price range: US$9 - US$15
Reviewed 13 February 2017

My family loved this place. My 5-year-old young kid was usually fussy eater but she DID finished the whole plate of satay. She said "great food. I like satay ...I like the toasts on side." My elder daughter couldn't stop eating her pineapple fried rice, and veggies. She tried the curry, and just loved it. I randomly order the deep-fried garopa, and thought OMG. But...what I couldn't believe was I finished the whole thing...it was sooooooooo tasty, and it was not oily at all. I recommended this if you would go there! The service was good as the staff was very attentive, and responded very quickly.

Reviewed 26 January 2017

We have randomly walked into this place on our first day in Bangkok, since it was close to our hotel. The food was surpisingly delicious. But then we found out that food being delicious is not a surprise anywhere in Bangkok. We have been to Savoey Restaurant two times during our 4-day stay in Bangkok. We have tasted several dishes and all were delicious.

Reviewed 14 January 2017

the best catfish salad in bangkok can be had here. the very extensive thai menu is reasonable, and the desserts will surely bowl you over. Their seafood is very fresh, and service prompt.

Reviewed 29 December 2016

We went here twice and would have been regulars if we had found it earlier. The food is just great. We had prawn cakes, fried chicken with lemon mayo type dressing, tom yum soup, fried noodles and chicken with shrimp, pork shoulder (neck really), mango sticky rice, and beer. This was over two trips so we were not stuffing our faces, but these are big portions and all just delicious. Prices were good but I can only remember a big bottle of heineken was 180. The staff were very attentive and the menu has lots of pics of the food and english descriptions. I can't get over how tasty it all was, and on reflection I should have asked if they use msg, but maybe it was just good fresh food. Oh and get there early if you want lunch, the Mercury Ville is very busy during working days.

2  Thank johnbeattie2015
Reviewed 27 December 2016

Everything is tasted, even for a simple rice noodle! We even return the next day to have another meal! The service is quite attentive too.
Our recommandation list:
deep-fried serpent head fish
stir-fried vermicelli with shrimp
Fillet snapper with black bean sauce
and of cource their signature steam crab