“Private romantic ”
Review of The Vorra Bistro

The Vorra Bistro
Ranked #217 of 2,302 Restaurants in Chiang Mai
Price range: US$6 - US$22
Description: The Chiang Mai Bistro is a refreshingly vibrant modern restaurant with a full view of Ping River, featuring innovative Thai and Italian cuisine with superior service and the genteel hospitality of the northern region. We are passionate about food, wine and sustainability. Our food is locally and ethically sourced, supporting local farmers, and Doi Kham Royal Project.
Reviewed 1 May 2017 via mobile

Privately romantic! Tucked away south Chiang Mai along the Ping River, a very quiet romantic evening get away. The restaurant is Vorra Bistro, connected to the Chiang Mai River Hotel.

The food was exquisite! Kow Soy Kai ( recommended by Staff ), outstanding. Also the salmon drowning in pesto sauce with olive oil, topped with sticks of thyme and rosemary, just loved it!

The hotel is owned by a gentleman who owns a furniture manufacturing business, so the rooms ( 14 suites ) are all impressively decorated, and has been opened for just under a year.

In addition, just a lovely welcoming Staff to help assist in setting up that special evening / romantic get away, including butler service.

Reviewed 12 April 2017

The restaurant is very clean and decorated tastefully with a view of the Ping River. The menu is great there are lots of options, I have coeliac disease and the chef understands my meals must be gluten free, there have been lots of choices for me to chose from. The food is good quality and fresh and every dish has tasted great. The service is very good the staff area all attentive and friendly. This is my favourite place for dinner in Chiang Mai.

Reviewed 17 March 2017

In a nutshell, real quiet fine dining.

The place is decorated with taste, and spotless.
Service is not only good, also friendly.
The patio near the river is quiet and romantic.
It's a very interesting experience too: successful Thai Italian fusion food.

The food ranges from good to great.
We ordered a Pad Thai, authentic and quite good, "Famous Champignon Dip", very interesting and quite good, "Larb Salmon", very good, "To Die For Fettuccine", personally not impressed but still good, and their "Pestoloppi" (pesto pata and seafood), great.

Not cheap, but nothing too crazy.
The restaurant location is probably the only reasons you would hesitate to go there.
Great evening !

Reviewed 17 February 2017

They serve delicious organic meals, also vegetarian/vegan which I really appreciated. All the meals we tried were super tasty, e.g. mushroom and truffle appetizer and soup, aubergines + veggies, mango sticky rice etc. Highly recommended, especially when staying at the Chiang Mai Riverside hotel right there.

Reviewed 28 December 2016 via mobile

My large family and I and came to Chiang Mai a week ago and we stayed long enough to try every breakfast menu. The one that really impressed me was the vegetarian breakfast. I should let you know that I am not the kind of a woman who cares much about how healthy her food is. Nevertheless, due to curiosity and the fact that I do not often get the chance to eat vegetarian food I decided to give the “Provence Experience Breakfast" a try.
I started with a sesame dressed green salad. It did not have many different kinds of vegetable as one may expect but it was fresh and crunchy. The dressing prevented the salad from feeling dry, making it easier to eat. Next I had a spinach crepe and grilled eggplant. Both were very palatable and delicately flavorful with a mild taste. It is needless to say that I strongly recommend this menu even if you are not a vegetarian. I would like to add that the orange juice we had that morning was absolutely fresh without any additives. The taste of homemade jam was just perfect (not as sweet as bottled jam). My nephew liked the yoghurt very much. He kept asking for it every single day.
Moving to the "Taste of Lanna" breakfast. This menu was quite attractive to me as well. I had never tried Nam Prik Ong for breakfast but for lunch and dinner only. It went with grilled pork and steamed sticky rice very well. My daughter enjoyed this menu a lot. She had it 3 days in a row.
Finally, I tried "Taste of Asia" which was basically a boiled rice porridge that had a mild taste. For being rice it felt quite light to the stomach. My father tried both variants, pork and shrimp and they were equally delicious. I got to try the soy milk too. It was freshly made and adequately sweet. According to my daughter it was more delicious than UHT soy milk.
Last but not least, I had the "High Five Breakfast", which consisted of any style of eggs (I chose fried eggs), grilled pork and vegetable. It was nice but I enjoyed more the other 3.

1  Thank Thanya U