“Fairly good experience ”

Artist Beauty & Day Spa
Ranked #178 of 273 Spas & Wellness in Chiang Mai
More attraction details
Owner description: Provides men and women relaxing spa experience.Treat your body to one of our spa packages.
Reviewed 12 November 2015 via mobile

With skilled and friendly staffs, the entire experience is excellent. The room is clean, atmosphere is relaxing. It is not expensive at all and we received more than we expected. Recommended

Reviewed 8 July 2015 via mobile

Had a great experience at Artist for foot massages. They were professional, clean and well priced. The inside was a welcome retreat from the smaller street front massage places. Provided tea and biscuits after and they ended our foot massage with a head, neck, shoulder and back massage too all within or even over the hour time.

2  Thank chitraveler23Chicago
Reviewed 30 June 2015

To start with, the building is great; clean, beautiful decor, and nicely furnished. The receptionist was friendly, and the prices seemed reasonable for what was appearing to be a very exceptional spa. Me and my girlfriend booked two 2-hour special packages. We showered before hand in their nice shower, and after this great start, the experience was completely awful. The masseuses were extremely poor; it seems unlikely they were trained at all. They were very lazy about the massage, the pressure to start was so soft I could not feel it, and after asking for a stronger massage it was about as strong as someone rubbing suntan lotion on the skin. The package we booked involved 40 minutes foot massage, 40 minutes head back shoulder, and 40 minutes oil. We got 1 hour of the worst foot massage I have ever had, 30 minutes of a bad oil massage, and 5 minutes of the standard head massage. They never touched the shoulders, and there was no effort in their practice. They were massaging on the wrong lines, and clearly just going through the motion because they have to.
Along with the untrained, lazy masseuses, they were sick. Coughing on me the entire time. They left for about 10 minutes when they went to get the oil, giving us a welcome break from the 'experience'. They had to stop a few times to answer their phones. My girlfriend is a trained masseuse, and she had worse things to say than I do about the quality of the massage. Avoid this place, go across the street to a very similar, but much superior, spa.

1  Thank MrBinkz
Reviewed 15 March 2015 via mobile

The spa was recommended by a guidebook which mentioned its practical and not fancy. We believe that. The foot massage was suck. The guy answerd at least 3 phone calls as well kept talking to another woman during the treatment. I wouldn't recommend any one come here. I'm sorry!

Thank yntmabel .
See more reviews
Reviewed 2 January 2015

I went with a friend visiting me in Chiang Mai. We really wanted to like this spa, since it is so conveniently located and the spa itself is nicely appointed. However, we won't go back. One of our masseuses was quite good while the other was clearly untrained (she kept asking the other masseuse questions during the massage). However, what was really inexcusable was her taking 3 telephone calls while we were in the middle of our treatments. The regular interruptions spoiled the atmosphere. There are too many great spas in CM to have to put up with these problems.