“Great 1 hr thai massage”

Artist Beauty & Day Spa
Ranked #182 of 284 Spas & Wellness in Chiang Mai
More attraction details
Owner description: Provides men and women relaxing spa experience.Treat your body to one of our spa packages.
Reviewed 24 August 2016 via mobile

I note the poor reviews below, but i found The Artist to be very good for a 1 hr massage for 250 baht. This place was recommended by the manager of our hotel and we had a great experience, better than our massage the day before at one of the cheaper places.

Foot bath first for a few minutes, then we were taken upstairs to another room to get changed into massage linen clothes.

Massage was very good - my masseuse worked on my legs first and concentrated on calves, quads and glutes that were quite tight. Then arms, back (got out a lot of knots), head and then face.

She had great pressure and really worked my muscles well - i felt great afterwards.

The decor is nice, staff friendly. No one spoke on a phone during the hour for any of us (but we had older staff, maybe the younger ones do this?)

I really enjoyed this massage, better than any i had had in Thailand before.

Give it a go!

Reviewed 19 November 2015 via mobile

Nice for massage. However, our credit card was charged twice the original price, trying to ask for a refund but no contact available.

Reviewed 12 November 2015 via mobile

With skilled and friendly staffs, the entire experience is excellent. The room is clean, atmosphere is relaxing. It is not expensive at all and we received more than we expected. Recommended

Reviewed 8 July 2015 via mobile

Had a great experience at Artist for foot massages. They were professional, clean and well priced. The inside was a welcome retreat from the smaller street front massage places. Provided tea and biscuits after and they ended our foot massage with a head, neck, shoulder and back massage too all within or even over the hour time.

2  Thank chitraveler23Chicago
See more reviews
Reviewed 30 June 2015

To start with, the building is great; clean, beautiful decor, and nicely furnished. The receptionist was friendly, and the prices seemed reasonable for what was appearing to be a very exceptional spa. Me and my girlfriend booked two 2-hour special packages. We showered before hand in their nice shower, and after this great start, the experience was completely awful. The masseuses were extremely poor; it seems unlikely they were trained at all. They were very lazy about the massage, the pressure to start was so soft I could not feel it, and after asking for a stronger massage it was about as strong as someone rubbing suntan lotion on the skin. The package we booked involved 40 minutes foot massage, 40 minutes head back shoulder, and 40 minutes oil. We got 1 hour of the worst foot massage I have ever had, 30 minutes of a bad oil massage, and 5 minutes of the standard head massage. They never touched the shoulders, and there was no effort in their practice. They were massaging on the wrong lines, and clearly just going through the motion because they have to.
Along with the untrained, lazy masseuses, they were sick. Coughing on me the entire time. They left for about 10 minutes when they went to get the oil, giving us a welcome break from the 'experience'. They had to stop a few times to answer their phones. My girlfriend is a trained masseuse, and she had worse things to say than I do about the quality of the massage. Avoid this place, go across the street to a very similar, but much superior, spa.

1  Thank MrBinkz