“Great place to spend some tome and save some money”
Review of Penny's Place

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Penny's Place
Ranked #246 of 829 Chiang Mai B&B and Inns
Reviewed 8 December 2015

I checked in for four days upon arrival whilst searching for longer term accommodation. The prices are great at 350 for a fan room and 430 for a/c. The rooms are large, with a neat setup where the bathroom (also large) is located on the balcony. My room on the fourth floor had almost uninterrupted views to Doi Suthep. The entry is lovely with polished marble and Lanna style wood panelling. Rooms are tiled and have wooden furnishings with large king size form mattresses (I like firm). The hosts speak fluent English and there is plenty of undercover scooter parking. There is also a great local Thai restaurant up the street - always busy (a good sign). My only point deduction is because my room had no chair (though it does have a desk) and there is no lift.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with views to Doi Suthep
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled solo

Reviewed 15 February 2015 via mobile

If you are looking for a clean and budget place to stay, Penny's place will be a good choice. Although it is not located in the down town but close to Maya Department and Centeral World. Also easy to access to Niamman road where has lots of attrative shops running by local artists. Besides, the lady owner can help with arranging airport shuttle service with reasonal price.

Stayed: December 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank jkuo11
Reviewed 24 May 2014

I spent my first month of my 3 month Asia trip living in Chiang Mai and working at a church down the road from this place. I rented a room for a month, with my own TV, Fridge, Aircon & Bathroom for around $120 Aus + Electricity cost me maybe $50 for the month (you pay that separately so if you dont use much, its even cheaper). Great room, super clean and modern interior.
I was so overwhelmed with how lovely the staff were, the front desk is there to help if you need them, and its such a great location. 50m down the road is a cafe, multiple places to eat (which all my Aussie local friends showed me and are safe to eat at) and its only a short walk from the markets, and a 3 minute Tuktuk ride from the City.
Its right around the corner from the Grand View Hotel (A massive landmark for all tuktuk drivers) so it made getting home easy as you just tell them to take you there and direct down the last 2 streets.

I was a 18 year old solo female traveller and I always felt safe and secure. 7/11 is right across the road too. Washing machines available and anything you might want, just ask the front desk.

Overall best place if you are thinking of staying in Chiang Mai long term! I have heaps of friends who have lived there for 6 months at a time, so a definite recommend.

Room Tip: There are rooms with either fans or aircons, so just specify what you would like. Hint. Fans are che...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 March 2014

I put many groups in this boutique hotel as it is so close to our office. The groups are always amazed by the cleanliness and the price. It is well maintained and they are great at organising trips and drivers at very short notice. Stephanie the owners daughter in law speaks excellent English and Chinese and is very willing and able to help you get understood. This is also an excellent option for those wishing a place for a couple of months. We have had many short term staff stay here and they love it. By the way the bed is very comfortable! (not a brick - rare in Thailand)

Room Tip: This is probably not a great hotel for Parents with young children as all rooms are standard size wi...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 December 2013

Charles and I stayed here for 5 nights. The room was perfectly fine, but what made our stay extra special was Stephanie, the owner's daughter-in law. She helped us, advised us, & looked after us, including making sure we were fed and got our laundry done. She made special arrangements on very short notice so that we could go to Elephant Camp (fabulous experience at ElephantHome.org) and to Hmong Village and Wat Doi Suthep. She advised us where to eat, where to do the best shopping, how to get around--and she made our mornings cheery with her joyful good humor. In all our travels, we have never had a better host who took such personal care of us. This hotel is a bit out of the way in Chiang Mai in a somewhat "native Thai" neighborhood, but Stephanie made it worth every extra step. And at 500 baht per night for an aircon room, it is a superb bargain.

Room Tip: Rooms facing disco/record shop are noisy from about 10-10. Don't be dismayed by individual bath...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple