US$70
US$65
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$73/night.

US$77
US$129
Hotels.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
De Naga Hotel(Chiang Mai)
US$63
Agoda.com
Dusit Princess Chiang Mai(Chiang Mai)(Great Value!)
US$46
Shangri-La Hotel, Chiang Mai(Chiang Mai)
US$232
US$206
Anantara Chiang Mai Resort(Chiang Mai)
US$311
All reviewswashing machinewalking distancefridgetvtaxi
Reviewed 15 February 2015 via mobile

If you are looking for a clean and budget place to stay, Penny's place will be a good choice. Although it is not located in the down town but close to Maya Department and Centeral World. Also easy to access to Niamman road where has lots of attrative shops running by local artists. Besides, the lady owner can help with arranging airport shuttle service with reasonal price.

Stayed: December 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank jkuo11
Reviewed 24 May 2014

I spent my first month of my 3 month Asia trip living in Chiang Mai and working at a church down the road from this place. I rented a room for a month, with my own TV, Fridge, Aircon & Bathroom for around $120 Aus + Electricity cost me maybe $50 for the month (you pay that separately so if you dont use much, its even cheaper). Great room, super clean and modern interior.
I was so overwhelmed with how lovely the staff were, the front desk is there to help if you need them, and its such a great location. 50m down the road is a cafe, multiple places to eat (which all my Aussie local friends showed me and are safe to eat at) and its only a short walk from the markets, and a 3 minute Tuktuk ride from the City.
Its right around the corner from the Grand View Hotel (A massive landmark for all tuktuk drivers) so it made getting home easy as you just tell them to take you there and direct down the last 2 streets.

I was a 18 year old solo female traveller and I always felt safe and secure. 7/11 is right across the road too. Washing machines available and anything you might want, just ask the front desk.

Overall best place if you are thinking of staying in Chiang Mai long term! I have heaps of friends who have lived there for 6 months at a time, so a definite recommend.

Room Tip: There are rooms with either fans or aircons, so just specify what you would like. Hint. Fans are cheaper on electricity
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 March 2014

I put many groups in this boutique hotel as it is so close to our office. The groups are always amazed by the cleanliness and the price. It is well maintained and they are great at organising trips and drivers at very short notice. Stephanie the owners daughter in law speaks excellent English and Chinese and is very willing and able to help you get understood. This is also an excellent option for those wishing a place for a couple of months. We have had many short term staff stay here and they love it. By the way the bed is very comfortable! (not a brick - rare in Thailand)

Room Tip: This is probably not a great hotel for Parents with young children as all rooms are standard size with no interconnecting doors. Some floors are airconned and others are fanned. It does book up quickly so large groups need to book.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 December 2013

Charles and I stayed here for 5 nights. The room was perfectly fine, but what made our stay extra special was Stephanie, the owner's daughter-in law. She helped us, advised us, & looked after us, including making sure we were fed and got our laundry done. She made special arrangements on very short notice so that we could go to Elephant Camp (fabulous experience at ElephantHome.org) and to Hmong Village and Wat Doi Suthep. She advised us where to eat, where to do the best shopping, how to get around--and she made our mornings cheery with her joyful good humor. In all our travels, we have never had a better host who took such personal care of us. This hotel is a bit out of the way in Chiang Mai in a somewhat "native Thai" neighborhood, but Stephanie made it worth every extra step. And at 500 baht per night for an aircon room, it is a superb bargain.

Room Tip: Rooms facing disco/record shop are noisy from about 10-10. Don't be dismayed by individual bathrooms entered via the small balcony; they worked out great.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sharonkrivitz
Reviewed 9 May 2012

Many apartments in Chiang Mai also double up as hotels/guesthouses. Penny's Place is no exception, and they do a great job. This review concerns mainly the apartment aspect of the building. A month here costs a very reasonable 5300 baht, less than US $180. It gets you a clean room with solid wood furniture (as opposed to cheap plastic stuff you often get at other similarly priced places). You get a nice bed, nice drapes, and modern, and not cheap bedding. You get a TV with a fully decked out satellite TV plan, a/c, fridge, wifi, and even decorations. On top of that, you get a weekly maid service, where they swap out your towels, bedding, and clean the room. That is almost unheard of for that price in Chiang Mai, as serviced apartments usually start at the 8000 baht and above range. There are a couple coin laundry machines on the ground floor, and coin-operated drinking water dispensers across the street. Location is decent: very close to Niman, the bar district at Santitam, and Huay Kaew shopping mall (northwest corner of the moat). There is a super convenient 7-11 across the street, and a handful of restaurants and eateries down the street, including three pretty good coffee shops. Stephanie, the manager, and her husband run the apartment and they are friendly, cheerful, and always go out of their way to help you. This goes from directions, to any issues, to even arranging trips, rentals, or whatever else they can help you with. Finally, everything in my room works and is clean and bug-free.

The cons are minor. The internet is decent, just enough to get a skype conversation going, but not blisteringly fast (few places in Chiang Mai are though). The bathroom is on the balcony, which is actually not bad, but it does increase the odds of a bug or two getting in when you're trying to hop in and out, and for people with privacy issues, could be an issue. I actually have grown to prefer it there.

I rarely give out 5/5 ratings. But this place has earned it.

Room Tip: Get a room on the third floor or higher. I think the lower rooms are slightly noisier.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo